RDTA recommendations

I see alot of rta recommendations but if your looking for an rdta check out the vgod rdta. They’ve got clones for 10$ otherwise your looking at 50$. If you are open to rta also i really like the proto. Both are my go to atomizers i trust the proto in my pocket more being an rta. The vgod doesn’t leak though and both have A+ air/flavor/clouds.

yeah thats what i figured. tried doing it at least 4 or 5 times then i just gave up haha. what kind of bui.d did you put in yours? if you dont mind me asking.

I have a fused clapton 2x26 wrapped in 40 ss316l wicked with rayon

2 Likes

Oh and with the obs I find that a 3mm id minimum 3.5mm id maximum coil is the sweet spot. I use a 3.5.

2 Likes

Yes as the wick holes are 3mm a 3mm id is perfect for cotton and makes sense for 3.5 for rayon as it doesn’t swell. I’ve also tested both the poke through the wick hole and the resting methods work well. If choosing to go through the wick hole your wicks need to protrude at least a fraction. If they only reach part way through you will encounter flooding.

3 Likes

thanks for the tip. ive tried 3mm and 2.5mm claptons. ill give the 3.5 a try :+1:

Some very nice recommendations here. I would like to throw in the 25mm Kepler Apache - a budget priced RTA that holds a huge amount of juice and has great flavor and vapor production. It isn’t very “techie” looking, but the performance is outstanding. Super easy to build as well. I will add that I vape 70VG juice and have no issues whatsoever. I have heard that 60vg or lower may have some leakage. I can’t confirm that. I bought mine stupid cheap at vape royalty but they no longer carry it. Should have bought more when I had the chance.

i let my wicks go through the holes but not too much. havent had any flooding issues just issues with the flavor.

1 Like

There are more flavourful tanks no doubt, but what it makes up for leak free and capacity. I also find you need to have airflow restricted to half to give the flavour a hand.

1 Like

Been building a small collection of tanks and mods myself…My favorite RDTA so far is the TF-RDTA. Easy enough to build/wick, handles some pretty wicked wire and hasnt leaked yet. I am also a big fan of the TF-RTA. It’s been my go to for months. Have an avocado 22 clone that works decently as well. Trying to warm up to the MT-30 by Vaperz Cloud…it’s a BEAST to say the least. Have some braided 28ga stainless in that kid running 130-140 watts on a limitless lux 26650 dual…it leaks a little though…I’ve heard good things about the limitless rdta’s and almost pulled the trigger…maybe next go round…need another mod to run it though…