RDTA what are you dripping on?

Thinking about dipping into RDTA’s. I’ve got 2 in mind, Vandy Vape Pyro and iJoy combo. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Haven’t tried those. My three favorites though are an old Geekvape Avocado, CoilArt Azeroth and the Asmodus Nefarius. They are all easy to build on and wicking is as simple as it gets. I’m hitting on the Azeroth as I type this.

3 Likes

I’ve got the ijoy Combo, and it’s alright but I find that I prefer bottom airflow RDTA’s(Most likely due to the fact that I use RTA’s almost exclusively). That being said, I REALLY like the Deja Vu from DJV. It’s got wide open bottom airflow with adjustable side airflow and a cool refill port on the deck so that you’re not having to tip the atty on the side(iJoy Combo) or through the wicking ports(Pyro) The Deja Vu is a little more expensive than the Combo or the Pyro, but it’s worth the price in my opinion. The Combo is a little gimicky with the swapable decks and I’ve heard less than stellar reviews regarding Vandy Vape’s quality.

Final thought? If you want to get into RDTA’s and not dump a bunch of cash, grab the Combo. If it’s something you like, I’d strongly suggest the Deja Vu as a step up from the Combo. Hope this helps-Cheers!

4 Likes

Aromamizer class by Steam Crave

I got v1, but just as impressed with the upgrade series they have.

http://www.steamcrave.com/c/aromamizer-rdta_0007

2 Likes

Ive been a tank guy since I got into vaping. My interest in the Pyro is the 4.5 ml tank and also from the reviews that I have watched, the air flow is excellent. My sense Herakles RTA has a 6 ml tank that lasts me just about all day at work. The less I have to worry about filling is important to me. One of the main reasons I am leaning towards RDTA is more flavor from my device.

2 Likes

They are all RDTA’s, the supreme series and after have top fill for tank access and decent sized decks for building.

2 Likes

My two top favorite rdtas are the Asmodus Nefarius and the Peerless rdta. Both are solidly built and excellent rdtas. The Nefarius is a tad trickier to build the first time, but well worth it, the airflow is wonderful on it. And a close 3rd and 4th would be the Avocado 24 and the Council of Vapor RHXT. That RHXT is such a cool looking rdta with its airflow tubes and embossed top cap, that one kind of flew under the wire and never got the press it deserved I think. The Dejavu rdta is an amazingly well built and cool device, I didn’t get on with it myself as the bottom airflow isn’t adjustable and a bit too full bore for me.

2 Likes

Wotofo Serpent is a good single coil RDTA, albeit it’s old age. Avocado 24 bottom airflow is a good old dual coil RDTA. Deja Vu is newer than those two, well built and is a no-spill RDTA, or so they said.

Steam Crave are actually RDTA’s that looks like RTA, and they have great line ups.

1 Like

So they have the builds above the tank?

1 Like

My daily driver for about two years now is the Iron Maiden RDTA, the best RDTA I have ever seen. Sadly, it is out of production and I can’t find them to buy anymore. If anyone can source them, I’d appreciate a linkback. I want a few more for backup.

I have the Ijoy Combo 2, and am not at all impressed. Looks nice in red or gunmetal, but it’s just a womp-womp for me. I don’t like side fill or the deck screw system.

1 Like

That’s what i know of. The juice flowed down from the tank and went to the wick from the bottom of the deck.

RTA, tank above the deck, gravity fed, cotton not fed directly into tank. Like the Aromamizer Supreme v1 (that’s the one I had) or the Boreas. RDTA, tank below the deck, juice wicked up through the cotton legs sticking into the tank, like the Combo 2 or Iron Maiden. I don’t understand why manufacturers misname atty’s like that.

Photos of the Iron Maiden RDTA, for illustration (yes, it’s discontinued :cry: ).

1 Like

For aromamizer, i have the plus version, and it’s called rdta because it feeds the wick from the bottom. Under the build deck, there’s a small juice reservoir. I think that’s why. Not really sure, though. I mean, doesnt really matter the name, if it’s good enough, i’ll use it.

1 Like

That’s quite true, of course, but to my mind that is an RTA, since the tank is actually above the deck. But it is nitpicking and not a knock on the SC’s. Just curious about the name and why they had to call it an RDTA.

1 Like

https://m.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_488809.html it’s still being sold here. Is this the one?

Thanks, but discontinued, at least to me here in the states.

1 Like

Ah, ok. Didnt get that earlier. Sorry to hear that.

Thanks, again discontinued.

I missed that. My bad!!