Re: chefs flavours.order

I am losing my mind here!.I try to pay via Visa debit …wont let me? Why? Is there a certain app I have to download to do this?? Also I try bank deposit that won’t work why? Do I need to set it up? All these #'s they give me are just confusing me and my bank nothings getting done. Whyy?? What am I missing?

5 Likes

Two months ago they had some issues with Mastercard (couple of days only); otherwise all went smoothly always. But i saw they have some issues with their website last couple of hours.

Wait until tomorrow or ask on their live support (if it will take more than two days, they will probably give you a discount code).

4 Likes

The issue might be connected with this

A glitch in Fastly’s system was allegedly behind the mass website outage, which took some of the web’s most-visited domains offline, including Amazon, Reddit, Twitch, GitHub, eBay, Etsy, Pinterest, Stack Overflow, and the UK government, as well as dozens of news outlets, such as the New York Times, the Guardian, the Independent, FT, CNN, the Atlantic, the New Statesman, Le Monde, New York Magazine, and the New Yorker.

6 Likes

The European banking system (and I think Australia?) is different than the North American. I believe Canada, like the USA uses IBAN, which doesn’t work by default here and there are a fair few hoops to jump through. Afaik NA is the only place using IBAN

If Canada doesn’t use sort codes you’d have to ask them for the IBAN, if they have it. And that’s going to cost a percentage of the transfer amount too.

I say this having spent much of my life in the USA, not Canada. So maybe it’s different.

4 Likes

I have been asking for help from live support also sent email idk what else to do…no response from them do they have a # I can call? And idk what time it even is there could be the middle of the night…its 12:34pm here

3 Likes

What if I ditched the whole bank deposit thing put some extra $ on my credit card tried through that in 2 days would it work then?

3 Likes

Mabye i should just pay extra $ on my credit card and ditched the deposit thing I wonder if it would work then? Because I looked and canada doesn’t use those sort #'s or IBAN. in otherwords im fucked

3 Likes

Omg! I didn’t even take into account the exchange rates…ffs! Canadian dollar kinda is a bit fuckey. My 100.00 turned into 176.50

3 Likes

Sorry for late answer. I would just leave it for today. At time you were asking (your first post) it was already late afternoon in the UK and they most probably ended for today (especially after that glitch). They will answer on your messages you left on a live chat tomorrow.

Hold your horses, all will be working tomorrow and you will be able to use your Visa. They probably have hundreds of buyers from Canada and ordering or finding an easy customer-friendly payment solution was never an issue. Their working hours on live chat are early in the morning your time in case you need to talk to them.

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me a while back…, my bank said the don’t bank with Britain😒 SMFH!

1 Like

They won’t accept debit visa or MC from me over there either. I gave up.

2 Likes

I have the same problem! Kept getting my Visa debit card not getting through to China. Finally got a email from Visa Security asking if it was me trying to make a purchase to the Chinese vendor. I said yes it was me and a $8.00 purchase went through.
You are being blocked by your Debit card provider or bank.

4 Likes

I just made another order right now at Chefs (using Mastercard). Had no problems and my order was confirmed.

1 Like

I called my bank and my card is fine. I also got email back from chefs and its simple but of course after I already ordered a whole bunch of new stuff from somewhere else. I will explain what the issue was after my dentist appointment rn…mabye it will help more of you out. Don’t give up!

2 Likes

So there is the answer to the issues. I Hope it helps. Determined little bitch I can be.

5 Likes