Reaction-emojis for forum posts :)

No worries mate :thumbsup:

:poop: OOPS here it is third page in the first series

For those who like this, props should go to @GPC2012 for asking about the possibility. Itā€™s been talked about in the past, but he inspired me to go fishing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Being that it is a plug-in and not part of the Discourse software, itā€™s likely gonna be prone to random bugs and may break every time discourse updates. But, for the most part, hopefully itā€™ll work and yā€™all will enjoy it. :slight_smile:

I use the FB reactions all the time and really like being able to do more than just ā€œlikeā€ a post. Maybe Discourse will consider making this a feature in the future.

3 Likes

I Love this idea great going guys @JoJo @daath :heart:

1 Like

I second this sentiment! Or is it 3rd? 24th? :laughing:

1 Like

And now itā€™s not working in Chrome for me eitherā€¦ what a bummer

1 Like

Bummer man, it hasnā€™t worked at all for me in Chrome and i havenā€™t tried in any other browser either since i dropped FireFox and Safari. But iā€™m ok with that, i can be happy that most of you guys can use the feature.

I think the only downside @JoJo and @daath that I see is that less people will use the like/heart :heart:ļø button.

6 Likes

For sure and the new emojis doesnā€™t show up in the notifications either.

Works for me in Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edgeā€¦ Even Opera works :slight_smile:

mee too. and then i cant get out of the dark. very scary

2 Likes

Hmm. Should I just remove the heart? That way you should like the post instead of reactā€¦?! :smiley:

1 Like

im on my phone and it goes black as well

Maybe and the thumbs up. Iā€™ve always looked that the heart as ā€œgood postā€ ā€œI agreeā€ and so on.

Well if no one else is going to ask i reckon i will. So can we get a middle finger emoji? :stuck_out_tongue:

It had to be asked, hehe. I shall slink back to my mixing table now.

4 Likes

Well, now Iā€™m getting the black screen of death in chrome on mac. :thinking:

EDIT: Weird, logged out and back in and itā€™s back! Finicky goblins in the wiresā€¦

2 Likes

It is starting to spread like a wildfire or something.

:grinning::sunglasses::ribbon:

Love it! Thank you very much @daath @JoJo @GPC2012

@daath I get similar to what Fenrir got above, only I do get a single row of smilies that goes off the right side of the screen.

The problem Iā€™m having is that thereā€™s no way to ā€œback outā€ of that screen once itā€™s engaged.
I tried the back button on the phone, the back option in the browser, neither got rid of the black screen and row of smilies. Worse, it persists into other pages. When I hit the back button in the browser, the previous page is still covered by all blacked out background.

This is on Android version of the most current (and last version of Firefox). Tried to update FF, and reboot, but stillā€¦ Same results.

EDIT: Well, after JoJo Gibbsā€™d me (smacked the back of my head - for those living under a rock) and explained 2 posts belowā€¦ This is now sorted for me.