Read this in Face book about TFA Srawberry Ripe

November 14 at 8:34 AM

RE: Strawberry (Ripe) Flavor confusion

TFA Strawberry (Ripe) is being made by a different flavor manufacturer than it had been previously. We are not discontinuing Strawberry (Ripe).

We lost our primary manufacturer for Strawberry (Ripe) in October and are simply having it made by a different company. To be transparent, we alerted many of our customers who would be affected the most by sending the flavor from the new manufacturer along with a letter explaining what was going on. Nearly all of our flavors are made by multiple manufacturers, so this is nothing new.

Strawberry (Ripe) from the new manufacturer has undergone thorough “triangle” flavor tests and passed. A Triangle test is where two samples of the original manufacturer’s product are compared with the new manufacturer’s product. If the taste tester cannot identify which sample is different, then the flavor is a match. We were completely satisfied with the results of our Strawberry (Ripe) testing.

If you have questions, we invite you to reach out to the owner directly via phone. (831) 345-8311

15 Likes

Thanks mate, not good news… but still, let’s hope for the best…
Better then INW anyway, that they did it without telling anyone… Gabriela Gabriela…

5 Likes

And this is The Flavors Apprentice quoted as saying this?

Edit: Nevermind. I just clicked the link.

3 Likes

That is hilarious! I mean I get having multiple manufacturers and all. A lot like assembly houses. But it all comes down to Mr. Taster? I hope they have insurance on his or her tongue. I’d love to see tongue qualification testing. Mr. Taster please report for re-certification.

10 Likes

AHA!! So You’re one of the ones…

/database joke.
Only kidding folks! :wink:

On topic…
It’s nice that they notified at least SOME of the folks.

Thanks for relaying the info!

5 Likes

I always assumed TPA was the manufacturer. Guess I learned something new today.

5 Likes

Some reading for you… :wink:

TFA is actually correct. and the reason that most vendors use TFA on the label.

The flavour molecule sourcing is an entirely different aspect. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, I already knew that. Not to the extent of your example relative to the history though. I only use the abbreviation “TPA” out of habit.

2 Likes

Dear Mr. Taster,

DO NOT …I repeat DO NOT report to @SmilingOgre for “re-certification”!! When he expresses interest in “exactly how do you taste?” …it’s not what you think!

6 Likes

That was good. Really good!

5 Likes

Must be able to lick eyebrows. It’s all about the tongue

Insured by Lloyd’s of London

3 Likes

That’s funny. Side note, what are you doing Friday night? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I refuse to let my wife see that.

5 Likes

Fuck. How do un-see that! Gonna start calling you Gene!

2 Likes