Real, factual, rational conversation for prepping in light of bans

When SS wire was fairly new and not yet stocked in the vape shops my friend and I were searching everywhere. I found a medical supply company online that sells 316L SS sutures. The shipping is crazy expensive but I have not experienced a SS wire as good as this. I’ve had coils last for 6 months with frequent use. I suppose when they’re stitching together your sternum or whatever, it’s got to last a good long time, lol.

8 Likes

I’m not worried about VG/PG. Those items are necessary for making soaps and other cosmetic things. I get mine from Essential Depot, a huge supplier for soap and cosmetic manufacturers (and individual makers). I figure they can’t stop the business of ALL flavor companies. I’ll buy wire from electrical supplier,Temco, and the medical supplier I found. We’ll always have batteries because of all the hobbyists out there. It’s the nic I worry about. I haven’t placed any orders yet because of ground shipping and the horrid temperature conditions lately. When the first vapocalypse arrived I joked about how we would be chewing nicorettes and spitting saliva in our juice. I can’t believe I’m actually contemplating that desperate idea, lol. Please tell me I’ll be able to get nicotine somehow.

3 Likes

Thank you @muth.

2 Likes

Can you get some Everclear or just some “high octane” vodka? Or what about a dry burn and blow, lol. Or dry burn and quick hot water wash so as not to arc the coil.

Are those CLRs still around? You’re making me wish I kept more of my old stuff.

2 Likes

Picked up a liter of nic. With what I already have that should take me to end of life.

6 Likes

I’m hopeful but anxious.
These states that are banning “vape EVERYTHING” are a bit disconcerting.
Like “mush” said above, VG and PG and peg400 (cbd and thc) will never go away, too many applications for it.
Flavors? Mreh, you can’t ban flavor. Here’s the deal though, you make it hard enough for the people we GET the flavors from, and THEY go out of business, well, now my nights of drinking and vaping and shopping BCV and LB and Nicriv, buying 50 dollars worth of 2 dollar concentrates to get free shipping are gone. And all the flavors I have notes on are for naught. That would suck. So then we have to go elsewhere, under the guise of cupcake and frosting flavors, and suddenly the prices are tripled. Not good.
Nicotine. Yeah that.
When the weather cools off I’ll order a big jug from Nicriv, like a liter of 100 mg.
So, 3 ml per 100 ml bottle, that will be enough to make 333 bottles of 100 ml, or 33,333 ml, which at 10 ml a day will last me 9 years.
That’s without mixing for anyone else.
I’m 58.
So I’m good till I’m 67. And that nic will be bad by then. So if I can buy a liter of nic every two years till Jeebus comes again I can mix for everyone and their sister, and I’m cool. Till I’m dead.
Gear? Shit. It’s all made for us by a country that still uses lead paint and they’ll send ya some of it, or Fentanyl, if ya ask real nice.
So my worst case scenario I’ve formulated in my head?
We’re outsiders with a voice.
My worst case is I imagine us having to go to a semi annual “vape show”, (think gun show, or marijuana expo), and if it’s illegal everywhere, we have to buy tickets annually for a “vape cruise”, held in international waters, and buy all the shit we need, and get drunk and go home with five briefcases of “cartel” flavors and such. And have a great time. And if it leaves out of Cali, where weed is legal, but vanilla is no longer, we’ll be chomping gummies and not caring and also…
y’all get to see me in my orange mesh Speedo banana hammock, which is way worse (better) than any flavor restrictions.
Me and all the mixers I follow, Fidalgo, Dan the Man, Grimm, Wayne Walker, Joel, Folk art, and the rest, we’ll all live in a compound together with turrets and motes and a drawbridge and have the fastest internet and big screen TVs and coolest artillery (I’ll be the chef), to fight off the bad guys. Which right now is the government.
Right now, the government is not representing us. You know that’s what we elect them to do? They aren’t the BOSS. We are THEIR boss. Supposed to be anyway. We need money. Money is boss. Red white and blue? Nope.
Green. Follow the money.
And if all of this has to happen, we’ve got bigger problems than getting our vape on.
Vote.

12 Likes

I remember trying to soak BVC coils in Everclear, to clean them up, a number of years ago. The results were so so. It cleaned up the wick pretty well, but didn’t do anything to get the gunk & crust off the coil.

I know some people who do dry burn the CLRs. I’ve tried it myself a few times. It works fine. One just needs to dry burn it ‘lightly’ with shorter pulses, so it doesn’t melt the silicone insulators. I usually just opt for a complete coil & wick change, since it’s so easy.

The CLR’s are getting harder to find, but still out there. I believe you can still get them directly from Joyetech, along with some of the tanks that use them. Obviously Joyetech’s prices will be a little higher. They last so long, and are so easy to rebuild, the few extra bucks are a minuscule investment over time. I have one in my rotation that’s 4 years old, and has been rebuilt at least 200 times, and is still going strong.

Drop in coils are not usually considered long term solutions, but the CLR’s are an exception to that rule.

4 Likes

You are hilarious , Im glad that you found the forum

5 Likes

I think you missed me… :stuck_out_tongue: js…

2 Likes

Oh yes you are right! Dang it!
Well, I can fix that!
"And walking into the bar, wearing my corona flip flops, my robe only partially open to reveal my one “ab”, I see a familiar face at the bar, and pull up a barstool. She ignores me momentarily, obviously caught up in a rather extensive conversation with the bartender…
“Yes I KNOW you only have Ciroc so scratch the apple-tini, like I said before, I only use Flavprah flavors, because they are THE BEST! Just get me a beer, preferably derived from Flavorah brut bubble wine”.
“What’s up Dooz?”.
“Oh hey Johnny, people just don’t understand”.
From the stool on the other side of her I hear a voice say, “Due to the untenable situation brought upon us by the malfeasance of the Mexican government (corrupt at best) under articles 756 and revised statutes 1453 limiting the actual specific gravity of viscous materials allowed and prescribed (under penalty of law) on class 1 multiple use sailing vessels (cruise ships required, but not limited to actual weight of cargo) thus conforming to…”
“That must be Raven, huh?”
“Yeah she’s having melba toast and dry vermouth”.
“Hey, let’s go to the bottom deck and fill the corridor with toasted coconut vape smoke and see if we can set off the smoke detectors!”
Aaaand- SCENE!

7 Likes

I think you are the bomb digity too Chef Johnny and very nice to see you around…
I do hope your flavors are getting some good use and are putting smiles on your glorious taste buds…

I can see Raven now… with some sort of funky tobacco and wild cherry cheroots!
but you… you are more of a martini man… shaken and not stired … :smiley:

4 Likes

No, beer mostly. Sometimes a little whiskey. Sometimes a lot. I have to switch hit with water. Doctors orders. Well, doctors orders are to not drink. But then he would have me avoid women of impious repute, and that ain’t happenin’.
:wink:

6 Likes