Real Flavors! All Natural VG Based Flavors

Tried that a couple times only to have all funding cut. Congress can be a poopie head.

6 Likes

:open_mouth:
Oh dear lordā€¦ whereā€™s my Kevlar vestā€¦ the last time I referred to the CO as that I had to eat MREs for a week, I could only vape pure VG and had to share the doghouse with, well, the dog.

Just remember the ā€œHusbandā€™s Creedā€ - Sometimes itā€™s easier to ask forgiveness, than permission.

3 Likes

ROFL, truer words have never been spoken.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t she vape ? Just make her think itā€™s her idea and if that doesnā€™t work throw a fit!
Disclaimer ,any advice I give should be used with caution.Divorced now for over 20 years.

5 Likes

LOLā€¦Love the disclaimer :wink:

1 Like

I feel it is only fair to throw that out there.:laughing:

1 Like

Damnitā€¦ in before the lock - sort of like the wolf giving the lamb directions to the lionā€™s den, huh?

1 Like

Anyone tried any of the PDO flavors yet? Other than Walt of course.

2 Likes

I ordered 3 of them yesterday and will be reporting my impressions asap. Have strawberry, raspberry and cherry on the way.

5 Likes

All the flavors I want to try are sold out, but Iā€™ll be watching like a hawk.

1 Like

A sample pack for the PDO flavors would be great. I just got bread pudding and it smells like heaven but so far the flavor has been a little too mild for me. The Coffee Cake smells like what I have been looking for as well, any recommendations for a single flavor %? They donā€™t have one listed in the description.

If the PDO flavors steep a lot faster and need less percentage than I am all over that. Of the 6 PDO flavors listed though just strawberry and cinnamon roll interest me right now, canā€™t wait for the other popular flavors to be released.

1 Like

@mjag Cinnamon Roll and Raspberry are my only 2 I would try right now of what is available in the PDO also. Fairly obvious we are custard/bakery vapers :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, this is a list of some of my feedback on these flavors. I usually research and read the forums on all flavors before buying and trying as Iā€™ve wasted so much money. Unfortunately, their hasnā€™t been a lot of tasting notes or feedback on Real Flavors, certainly not like there is for other well known companies.

Maybe because they are a newer company? Or because they have been marketed under other names? I know a vendor called them Northwest Flavors, but Iā€™m just guessing as Iā€™m not really sure. However, because of Waltā€™s interaction with us mixers in the forums, and all the reviews/feedback I read on this thread and the beta testing thread I wanted to try them. Thank you @Walt for making up a customizable sample pack so I could try some out :grinning:

And thank you to all the other mixers that have been sharing their knowledge and recipes, as well as answering all my questions. And for doing it all nicely!

So I am going to share my opinion on the flavors I have tried so far. In the hopes it might help others when researching and looking for info on these flavors like I was. I am honestly surprised at how many of these flavors I liked, as well as how many I would vape stand alone. The flavor developed on quite a few of these is very complex for a single flavoring. I donā€™t have many I consider stand alone flavors. I am picky though. Out of about 120 flavors I have 3-4 total I like by themselves. And of the 14 Real Flavors I have tried I found another 4. Please also understand that these are only my opinions, and as taste is subjective you may not have the same experience. Also that I am not a reviewer, and am also a novice mixer with only about 10 months experience, so I am far from an expert. I am not a novice vaper though, proud to be a vaper since February 12, 2013.

Disclaimer: To get the most out of these flavors the really do need a longer steep, especially if mixed max VG, personally I like 4 weeks minimum. I did add these descriptions to my notes on each flavor, and will update when tested after a 4 week steep instead of a 1 week steep. Maybe one day I will catch up with notes on all my flavorsā€¦yeah right :wink:

Tested @ 30/70 pg/vg on a Troll RDA with a single coil .4 ohm 2 claptons wrapped parallel at 23w with only 1 week steep.

Butterscotch Pudding: 10% @ 1 week steep. Slightly weak, but very good and sweet. Creamy sweet butterscotch dominant at this point, creamy backnote. Not really getting an ā€œinstant puddingā€ type flavor at this point, but itā€™s still early. Nice thick mouth feel. Almost like a creamy rich butterscotch candy. Could easily be a stand alone with proper steep I think. Will try again at 4 weeks. I think with normal steeping times that creamy aspect will really strengthen, and will move more in the pudding direction. Right now I would say 10-12% tank 8-10% dripper for single flavor, 4-6% in blends. Will update with further testing. I really really like this, having a hard time putting it down.

Peanut Butter Cookie: 10% @ 1 week steep. Slightly weak at this short steep, but still yummy! Weaker than other RF flavors Iā€™ve tried so far. I canā€™t decide if it tastes more like cookie dough, or baked cookies? Maybe soft baked PB cookies just slightly on the doughy side? Nice natural tasting pb, not dry tasting at all. Sweet but not too sweet. Getting some kind of bright note, canā€™t quite place it yet? Maybe vanilla, but almost fruity? Will have to figure it out. Will update again at 4 week steep. Not sure of SF percentages yet. Will wait and see how much it strengthens with steeping, but not a strong/good S&V at 10%.

Cream Soda: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is a very delicate flavor. Very good creamy vanilla, not as sweet as the real thing. Definitely not a stand alone at this percentage. Not in your face flavor. Would be great as a creamy vanilla in blends. Going to try at 15% and see what happens, maybe also with some sweetener. I like it, hoping higher percentage and steeping brings it out more. Unless it strengthens with higher percentages and steeping, I wouldnā€™t use stand alone. Will update after further testing. Going to make an orange cream soda and see how it develops. That is what I wanted this flavor for.

Cream Cheese: 10% @ 1 week steep. This flavor really surprised me. Actually quite good, and strong flavor even at only a 1 week steep. Unusual for creams. Pretty authentic flavor, slightly tangy but still slightly sweet, doesnā€™t have that flatness and strong tanginess that you usually get from cream cheese. Sweeter than plain cream cheese, but like the natural sweetness of VG, not like a frosting sweet. I really like this, and I will be using it in a lot of recipes Iā€™m sure. Iā€™m thinking 3-6% in a mix. However, might lower that depending on how much it continues to strengthen with steeping. I wonā€™t be using this stand alone, not because itā€™s a bad flavor, but because I donā€™t care for just eating plain cream cheese. Itā€™s an accent flavor for me.

Vanilla Custard: 10% @ 1 week steep. Sweet vanilla cream. Very mild, not rich. Not surprised, as itā€™s custard and only been 1 week. No eggy taste to this, more cream than custard. Good, but not memorable. I like it as a vanilla cream type accent flavor, but need more from a custard. Will try again at 4 weeks, it needs steeping for sure. Might need to go 12-15% on this one for SF. I will update and rate after further steeping.

Sweetened Condensed Milk: 10% @ 1 week steep. Very authentic flavor especially in such a hard to find flavor. Sweetened milk with a nice rich thick mouth feel, with almost a hint of dulce de leche mixed in. Canā€™t wait to try this again at 4 weeks, assuming it will get noticably richer. Not a stand alone flavor for me, but oh what it will add to my mixes! Iā€™m guessing 2-6% in blends.

Coconut Cream Pie: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is a delicious, sweet, creamy, strong and authentic flavored coconut cream pie. Even at only 1 week steep, itā€™s very well balanced to me. Great ratio of crust to creamy coconut filling, topped with thick layers of real whipped cream. I can easily see this as a stand alone ADV. Canā€™t wait to taste this at 4 weeks, I really like this one. I can see it being changed very easily as well depending on what you are in the mood for. An extra touch of sweetened coconut, or pie crust. Or even a touch of graham cracker to change it to a graham crust. Maybe even pineapple for pineapple coconut pie? Or Pina Colada. Mmmmmm, so good!

Cake Batter: 10% @ 1 week steep. Generic sweetness. Iā€™m just getting a pleasant sweetness, and maybe if I concentrate really hard a hint of frosting? Not really sure, canā€™t pick up any specific flavor, itā€™s more than just sweetened VG, but indistinguishable at this point. Maybe this needs a full steep, will try again at 4 weeks, hopefully it will develop further. If it doesnā€™t change, I donā€™t really see a use for it.

Lemon Cake: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is very good, I really like it. Itā€™s very flavorful at just 1 week, so might be a good S&V? I didnā€™t try, but I also never S&V, I always give a minimum of 24hrs for flavors to blend. Lemon pound cake glazed with sweet icing, also reminds me of the filling of lemon meringue pie just a little less tart. They did an excellent job with this one, well balanced with cake definitely there. Realistic slightly acidic lemon without being bitter or harsh. No window cleaner on this one. Itā€™s very sweet. I could and will easily ADV this stand alone. I can also see it being great to make lemon cookies, or even a great base for a lemon meringue pie if you add a touch of lime for tartness, crust, and some meringue. I see a lot of uses for this in my future. I really hope the lemon stays prominent with steeping, so hard to find lemons that do. I would start at 2-4% in mixes. I will update at 4 week steep!

Orange Cream: 10% @ 1 week steep. I like this one as well. It is a very good realistic slightly sweet orange, not that artificial orange flavoring found in most orange creams. Smooth and no harsh throat hit at all. However, the cream is very light with a tiny hint of vanilla and hides behind the orange. Just get a hint of it on exhale. Hopefully the cream will strengthen with a normal 4 week steep as itā€™s a lovely flavor. If the cream doesnā€™t come out to play, I would tend to use this more as just a plain realistic orange. But I expect the creams to develop more with time, havenā€™t met one yet that doesnā€™t.

Cinnamon Custard: 10% @ 1 week steep. Iā€™m in love! Even at only 1 week steep! Delicious warm sweet vanilla pudding with freshly ground cinnamon. As others have said, this is the same cinnamon as in their bread pudding. This reminds me very much of rich rice pudding with cinnamon, minus the rice. Creamy, thick, warm, OMG ADV stand alone flavor. Canā€™t wait to try this at a 4-8 week steep, I can only imagine. I need to make a lot of this or none will make it to a full steep. Did I mention Iā€™m in love :wink: You must get if you are a custard lover like me. Or if you want an amazing cinnamon.

Blue Raz: 10% @ 1 week steep. Well, to be honest, I have never had blue raspberry. And I know that blue raspberry slushies probably tastes nothing like the real fruit, I have no clue. But this tastes very much like a blue raspberry slushie. Without being sickening sweet, nor artificial. I need to order Koolada. I bet it would take this over the top for summer. Iā€™ve always been a custard and dessert vaper, so not sure where to go with it. Itā€™s very good, just a bit out of my comfort zone. Will have to find my imagination for this one. Is a bright medium sweet berry, very different from all the usual berries when you want something to break the monotony.

Shamrock Shake: 10% @ 1 week steep. This is the first one from RF that disappointented me. Itā€™s not a bad flavor, just not Shamrock Shake. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s because my expectations were too high. Or because this flavor needs a long steep to develop. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s the latter, and wouldnā€™t be surprised if it is. Seems like most mints and creams need a good steep by themselves, much less together. On the inhale, of course is sweet mint. Not overwhelming, very good level. On the exhale I get a generic cream with maybe a hint of chocolate chips? I was looking for the in your face know right away shake. If someone handed me a tank of this to try, and I didnā€™t know what was in it, I would guess it is some type of creamy mint. If I try hard I can find hints of Shamrock Shake though, so Iā€™m still hopeful. I will wait to rate until a longer steep.

These next 2 were tested on a COV Vengeance Tank, .2 ohm stock coil at 30W

Bread Pudding: Tested at 10 day steep 15% standalone. Very good, not too rich, could adv easily by itself. Flavor is good at this percentage, but deepens and strengthens a lot near the 4 week steep mark. Try at 3-4 weeks before raising percentage. Well balanced, just a light hint of cinnamon and really an authentic bread pudding. For my personal tastes would like a hint more vanilla. Would be great with a vanilla or caramel sauce, or topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Lots of possibilities with this one. I have noticed with this brand of flavorings that they really come out at/after 4 weeks. Probably because of the vg, but worth waiting for!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake: Tested at 10 day steep at 15%. Very sweet. In all fairness, I have found Real Flavors to get so much stronger and better with a month steep, probably because of the vg, This may end up being fantastic after a full 30 days. I will update notes when I get there.They nailed the cooked pineapple flavor aspect, but for stand alone it needs support. Has a sweet cooked pineapple with a slight background of cakeyness and hint of brown sugar. Good starting point, havenā€™t found that cooked pineapple flavor anywhere else. I think with some help from more yellow cake, a little richness from butter, and a bit of caramel and brown sugar to provide that caramelization it will be good. It is very sweet though, so the challenge will be to add the caramel and brown sugar without more sweetness. Might add a bit of FA Fresh Cream to tone down the sweetness and help with keeping the cake moist.

14 Likes

@MysticRose

I have Cheesecake, Caramel and Banana coming in (hopefully today, maybe tomorrow) - Iā€™ll let you know how those are, and if they pass the initial testā€¦ Iā€™m going to do a combo of all three from an old cheesecake recipe of my grandmotherā€™s (god rest her soul).

Caramel and Banana Cheescake, the dessert of the godsā€¦ oh my blood sugar just hopped up 30 points thinking about it.

3 Likes

Oh yummy! Yes, please let me know. My favorite cheesecake of the moment is LA, but still havenā€™t found one that really gets the authentic flavor. Going to play around with RF cream cheese in some of the cheesecakes and see what happens. Also the RF cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with ??? Fun times :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for all the feedback! We look forward to going over it with the team :smiley:

2 Likes

Theyā€™re here! Muahahahaaaaā€¦ commence the cheesecake testing!!
:smiling_imp:

Quick note: I popped the top on the Cheesecake, I was worried about the sharp smell until my better half reminded me (in her oh so gentle way) to shake it before I made a judgement. This will be interesting indeed!

2 Likes

Haha, yes indead @MysticRose , you wonā€™t find me saying no to a good custard/bakery vape :wink:

1 Like

I havenā€™t had much luck with RF as standalones, if I use to much it is harsh and too little is not much flavor. I did make a mix though using 2 other ingredients by different mfgā€™s and it came out real good.

@MysticRose, you might like this one.

Vanilla Custard (RF) 4%
Cake Batter (CAP) 0.20% or about 1 drop per 10ml if you are using the original Capella bottles
Shisha Vanilla (INW) 2%

I am not a fan of heat steeping but found it really helps with RF to mix and also reduce the harshness considerably. I just mix my ingredients prior to adding the nic then warm a glass of water for about 40 seconds in the microwave and let the glass bottle sit in it for about 5 minutes. Shake like crazy for a minutes then do another 30 seconds warming up the water and let the bottle sit another 5 minutes and shake like crazy after. I then let the bottle sit in my UC for about an hour to mix more and cool down before adding my nic.

I mixed up the top recipe on 5-26-16 and tried it that same day but wow was the cake batter the prominent flavor even though I used so little. Just tried it again today about 2 weeks later and it came together nicely although I might try it again with the cake batter at 1 drop per 15ml as I just want it to accent and boost the RF Vanilla Custard although right now it is not as upfront as it was as a shake n vape. The Shisha Vanilla really helps to give it a nice kick as well and I am getting a little bit of the egginess of the Vanilla Custard.

I have tried the same recipe but substituted it with the Cinnamon Custard from RF and the cake batter at 1 drop per 15ml. This time I made a 30ml bottle after being impressed with the VC version.

I am really liking some of the RF flavors, there a little too mild tasting for me though and harsh if I get to high on the percentages. I really wish the smell of the bread pudding would translate to what I am vaping, that is why I am real excited for a PDO version. I did mix up some bread pudding at 5% about 3 days ago, smells great but mild.

1 Like

@mjag I have seen some as high as 12% with heat steeping that gets rid of the harsh, any chance you can try that?

For heat steeping I take a mug fill it 2/3rd with uncooked rice, nuke it for 1 minute, take a spoon and mix the rice up (typically the rice at the bottom is the hottest) then push the bottle down and let the dry heat help out the mixing process. Repeat this 3 more times after it cools and take a 2 minute shake.

Iā€™m doing the same thing with the cheesecake because the first hit was almost painful at 10% standalone, each time I heat steep it gets less harsh to me.