Real Flavors Super Concentrates. Really?

Dunno why you’re sincerely held opinion should piss people off? It’s all grist to the mill. IMO.

Yep, a good few people have noted flavour mutiing issues with some of these flavours, including self :frowning: . I think this is the first time I’ve heard that ascribed to PDO though, or expressed in such extreme terms. IIRC , Walt said that PDO is only in a very few of the flavours. Personally I’m wondering about EM? That would seem to be the usual suspect for flavour muting in other brands.

Tha\t’s yet another reason for preferring MF, by the way. No muting! Those flavours just get stonger and stonger with time, usually. But you don’t get your biscuits and custard with MF, just fruit and nuts mostly (and an awesome butterscotch! and a legendary chocolate! Oh! and a legendary vanilla too …)

I’d suggest NF, as others have done, for the wider range of flavours, except I know from experience how difficult and expensive it is to import NF into Europe. I _stil_l haven’t found an option that doesn’t put them on a par with MF costwise (once you add on shipping) which is pretty damned annoying when Americans can pick NF up from DIYVS for what? a couple of dollars a throw. So, personally, I’m still waiting for that place to offer international shipping.

Flavour muting doesn’t seem to the problem here, though. OP just isn’t finding much flavour in the first place

Again, I say, it’s always best to check the out the individual flavour notes. RFSC are a mixed bag (aren’t they all? ) so it can be helpful to check out which 0nes have been met with widespread enthusiasm , and what % and steep time the enthusiasts used. Some people also mention muting, and at what point in time they found the muting kicking in to a significant degree.

But one word of warning to the OP: RF have recently brought out a new range of PG based concentrates. so a little bit of care is needed when ordering, not to order from the wrong RF range.

4 Likes

oh! @anon478949 , have you not entered those flavours in your stash? It would be easier to share them with us, if you did, and easier for you to check the associated flavour notes on the recipe side.

Just in case you don’t know how to do this (sorry, if I’m" teaching my grandmother to suck eggs") you just go to the “resourse page” (you can find the ink top right) , select the “user” menu (again top right) , select “my flavour stash” from the drop down menu, and it’s pretty much plain sailing from there. Just try to use the same syntax as other users .

Here’s my flavour stash . It has very little in common with yours, by the looks of it, but every item on it is PG-free, to the best of my knowlege, so you might just find it useful

The “Buttery Butter” is from Flavour Hub’s Kandi Hed range, btw and it’s a really good one, IMO. Unfortunately the syntax for that range is almost completely messed up by previous users. I decided it was better to omit the (KH) as others had done rather than cut my own entry off from the rest by being the only one to use the proper syntax. Fortunately, the MF and RF categories are much better behaved syntactically.

2 Likes

Actually i feel the same way unfortunately :(. So he’s not the only one saying that

3 Likes

IYO, could this replace FA’s Butter when it disappears from US shelves?

2 Likes

Sorry, can’t make a comparison! I seized on the KH butter because it was the only PG-free butter I could get here in Britain, (not even RF does a butter flavour :frowning: ) so it was a case of beggars can;t be choosers. That said, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, and ceased to care about what i might be missing. so I expect that it compares pretty well with the competition . You know. you don’t need try the alternatives to grasp that you’re vaping a piece of crap? :rofl:

How come FA’s butter is disappearing from the shelves? First I heard of that! But then, I don’t follow FA, for obvious reasons.

I’ve heard good reports of NF butter, IIRC, so there’s another potential alternative for you. It’s even PG-free :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t have to avoid pg, luckily. FA Butter and Cream Whipped are both going down because of US regulations from what I understand. Too much of the “bad stuff”, ie, diketones.

I’ll check out NF, thx for the tip :smile:

2 Likes

Yes. Yes, indeed! Both the diyvaporsupply version, which is the regular Organic Extract version, and the Organic Extract (without diacetyl) version direct from NF are winners. Staying under 1% seems to be best.

5 Likes

Wow @Cloudydaze How do you REALLY feel LOL. I too jumped on and bought quite a few. I’m still rather dumbfounded by the OP’s inability to taste them, even at higher percentages. I found most of them were really good and strong @ 2.5% and steeped all 1-2 weeks which was mandatory as at first they were weak, but really improved with a steep. NOW, onto the whole PDO / Fade issue. I can’t speak to PDO or it’s impact on strength, steeping, or mixing, but I found some did fade over time, and some did not. I actually have some 3.5% French Toast that’s over a year old, and although it doesn’t have the bite that it did before, it’s still plenty good. The FT was the only one that I did long term testing on however. I’ve made some pretty good RF SC only mixes, and combination mixes and they didn’t seem to play terribly with others.

I still use mine frequently, love the FT, Twinkie, Brownie, and the Graham Cracker is beyond top shelf IMO.

2 Likes

@jay210 Not only did I test almost all of the original RF SC’s I tested all but one of the new One Drop flavors. Despite being PG based, AND how they were being marketed, the flavors were quite a bit weaker than the SC line. This is how they were being marketed, so that’s fair. I mixed them far higher than the SC’s and even then, I felt they had less punch than the SC’s did.

1 Like

If you really want to go PG free, take a look at MF Extracts. You will be pigeon holed because its a limited flavor line… no creams, custards, bakery or tobaccos.

3 Likes

Personally, many of the rfsc’s don’t work for me. I have posted about it before. Flavor fading, odd notes, funky reactions with other vendors.

I have inquired directly twice and both attempts fell in on deaf ears. No reply.

Don’t get me wrong there are flavors from the line I enjoy…but I won’t touch a single backer flavor, orange, kiwi, and there are a few others. I do enjoy strawberry and their watermelon along with the cream cheese and whites chocolate are workable. Pineapple is a decent support flavor along with maybe a couple others. But since there hasn’t been a reply I won’t invest any more in the line.

1 Like

I remember just before the SC Line, they advertised a Raw Extract line… I bought a few and they were pretty good. Then they quickly dropped it for the SC Line and I could tell there was a difference. But I must say there are a few SCs that I really enjoy.

4 Likes

I think I bought all of those except Brownie based on your raves. I need to get crackin’ on that FT.

2 Likes

Damn… I just went back and gave this one a try… The FT was very pleasing, but it seemed very concentrated (which is up my alley)…

WIP

I made this a few days ago…

EDIT… Some might think that “It’s been 5 days… Haven’t you tried it yet!”Hell 2 da nah!… just SNFT (Shake and Finger Taste). If it don’t make to 30 days it’s a bad mix IMO.

5 Likes

Well, I did not expect so much answers to my topic and I have to thank you all again guys, this is an awesome community.

I now made public my small stash of RF SC. I also took the time to enter the specific gravity for each flavor. However I’d probably not use them anymore.

I appreciate all suggestions about alternatives and the hardware setup. Just for clarifying, my most used hardware in order of preference is Kayfun V5, a Cthulhu Hastur and ESG Skyline (Clone).
I have no problem on building those for a 100% VG, however I found a 10-12% DW thin out considerably and works with my RY4 Double (TPA). Again this is intended for MTL, that is my best setup uses a Vandy Vape SS316 MTL Superfine fused clapton at 0.75 Ohm - 16.5W.

About the alternative concentrate brands, after reading all posts, my feeling is the general consensus about those is much more fragmented than with traditional PG concentrates from FA, CAP, TPA, etc.
This suggests me I can possibly test some of these, but this time I’m going to be more cautious, just buying a couple of concentrates and not putting many hopes on those.

Finally, I’m very happy that someone went out saying RF SC are bad (some also wrote me privately). This in some way confirms my findings and can be of help to someone else evaluating those concentrates.

I really appreciate even this kind of answers. While someone can think this is excessive, I don’t. I perfectly understand @Cloudydaze is pissed of, due I’m in the same situation.
And after all, this compensate the ridiculous hype on those Real Flavor SC, which is the main impression one can get reading this forum.

I’ve already noted this community is awesome, either in people willing to help and the quantity of available information. I just hope the people having negative feeling about some products don’t refrain anymore on publicly express their opinion. Even if someone can disagree, the plurality of the information is what makes a source reliable.
And this community deserve to be reliable.

Thanks to everyone again.

6 Likes

See I don’t think there was a ridiculous hype on them at all I use them often and i love quite a number of them some however don’t hit the mark but same could be said for any flavour house. I choose not to voice my opinion on them simply because I know they don’t work for everyone and some can be quite a fiddle around to get right.

RF have some the most polarising flavours on the market many here love them and choose to keep quiet many hate them and choose to slam them at every opportunity as is their right. Proper research will find the gems as it is with every other flavour manufacturer.

10 Likes

@anon478949 Nicely stated . .

1 Like

Well stated @woftam :+1:
I also feel that RealFlavors has quite a selection of excellent concentrates in their (SC) line. And just like every other Flavoring Manufacturer a few that miss the mark.
I use RF (SC) regularly and have been delighted with the vast majority of the products they offer.

6 Likes

I bought a few RFsc after reading Session Drummers flavour profiles, and I have to say I’m not at all disappointed, in fact I couldn’t live without their Strawberry. I have found most of their flavours to be superb. Every ones taste is different so they may not be for everyone, but with all of the negative posts here I thought I should level the field a bit. Just my 2 cents.

5 Likes

Thanks @Steve68, it takes a LOT of time, effort, and sometimes money to do large scale testing, and it CAN be fatiguing at times. You often wonder if anyone is like WTF or not LOL.

6 Likes