Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Mixed Berries SC 2.5% (5-19-17) – 2 week steep, and having some
mixed results with the RF SC fruits thus far, wasn’t sure how this would fare. My fears quickly turned to joy as THIS one, is a one and done favorite now. First thing that came to mind was Koolaid. Not sure why, but it’s probably because it’s a great, somewhat sweet fruit medley. Nothing overpowering, everything natural tasting with no off notes or flavors. This will be a very good summer, fruity vape for quite a few people, and quite frankly it’s great as a single flavor. Sure, sure, everyone’s different, and maybe you could drop a little cherry in here to make it pop a bit, or possibly some citrus, but right outta the bottle (2 week steep that is), it’s damned good, and can’t find a fault with it. Clearly a 9.5/10 win for this one.

8 Likes

coffee 10char

1 Like

Just got my first little order of RF SC’s and would like to know what flavor carrier I should choose, I thought other but thought I would ask to be sure.

5 Likes

Other would be correct.

6 Likes

Waiting on some 15ml bottles before i do my SF tests on the few flavours i got from this line, soaking up the knowledge in this thread in the meantime… Just saw their soda base while putting tgether my next cart and wonder if there is any info any one could share? Dont know whether it is just a neutral base or has any hints of anything else,citrus maybe… i dunno. They say] There is an ancient proverb that says: “Everything is better with bubbles.” We agree! Now you can use this base to create a fun, fizzy soda flavor out of anything.

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the deep fried sponge cake yet? I’m vaping it day one and its excellent! I mixed it at 3%. It has a sweet yellow cake inhale and a creamy exhale. Tastes just like a twinkie! I could probably go up on the percentage a little bit. I’d keep this as an ADV so far, maybe put some strawberries with it :strawberry: great flavor!

3 Likes

@Jazzy_girl Yes Yes and MORE Yes !!!

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer I’m making me a bigger bottle to vape so I can steep my tester. Lol. Its so darn delicious!

2 Likes

That is about how I viewed it at 3%, not a heavy flavor. I’m still pretty undecided about it… I’ll most likely use it as an addition flavor (something to be used to round off a specific finished juice… like in a cake or a cookie).

4 Likes

I love the guilt free twinkie :blush: I cant wait to see this in a recipe tho. Have u seen any?

3 Likes

Day 1:
The rice pudding at 3% tastes smooth and rich with a hint of anise flavor. I dont think its probably supposed to taste like this but I taste a hint of black licorice when I vape it.

5 Likes

Not an actual recipe, I’ve added it (the deep fried sponge cake) and the Oreo together and I’ve added the sponge cake with the beaver tail… just trying things out to see how it melds, but it wasn’t really something that I would do on purpose to say … “Hey try this recipe…” I may be trying it with something towards a lemony or on a harvest berry (might work well with Nonna’s cake also) but I haven’t actually tried it yet.

5 Likes

I’d be curious to hear how this comes out, as I love both of them.

2 Likes

Actually what I perceived was that the sponge cake (Deep Fried Sponge Cake) just mellowed out the Chocolate flavoring of the Oreo. I didn’t think it enhanced the flavor of the Deep fried Oreo flavor. As a side note, I feel the Oreo flavoring is more as a stand alone flavoring to begin with and doesn’t really need anything to actually “make it a better Oreo” vape… as a stand alone. I have added a bit of Marshmallow and also a bit of Sweet Cream (both SC) to the Oreo and found they worked nicely… imo better than the sponge cake did/does.

5 Likes

What do you find yourself using the RF SC Sweet Cream at? I didn’t get much out of it at 1.5%.

2 Likes

Currently in with a sugar cookie and a Peanut Butter cookie, using it to smooth out the cookie parts a bit and not as a upfront flavor, more to enhance the “texture” of the cookie (at 1% in both mixes).

5 Likes

Yeah have to agree with you there, this was one of the first 6 i got (back in that giveaway), I can say if you ever wanted to impress people with something, this is it…

1 Like

out of the berry back, i have mixed up and played with all but blue/mixedberry, the blackberry, not even 2 day steep, this flavor is so good, but its such a hard flavor to apply, ive tried a bit here and there, some raspberry + blackberry is very good, cheesecake hmmm so so. might try a drop or two in some apple pie perhaps. not sure. but its a great real flavor.
anyway smelling all the berry pack. mixed berries was the only one i wasn’t sure how it would fare, as you said.
good to know the info. thanks.

2 Likes

well, there is something about RF SC’s . some of them are very strong some of them shine around 3%, some of them fade, more so most of them do not taste as intense as your average PG flavor.

thing is. i have been vaping 100% vg + rf sc’s now since that giveaway,
i’ve a few times picked up a PG recipe/mix bottle by mistake and dripped it in a rda, its so potent, i almost cant stand it. the after taste for hours it takes ages to get out of your cotton too. even something simple as cap vc v1 , anyway. I totaly enjoying most of these flavor profiles we are getting with the SC’s, but as some new comers may feel they dont stand up in strength which most ppl would be used to.

3 Likes