Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

Totally agree and my bad for not posting that.

I will first describe my style of vaping. I do direct lung hits but I like a rather restricted draw in comparison to most direct lung folks do.

I test on a atty that is actually designed to be strictly a Squonk atty. I have posted on other threads about it but here you go so you can see.

Chalice 3 modified to use as a dripper not a squonker.

You can see here I plugged up the squonk pin with a round tooth pick.

The build is 26g SS316L

Here are the settings on a DNA mod in temperature control.

Once I test and adjust percentages and am happy with the juice I use a Kayfun 5 tank. I have tried numerous build from Fused Clapton’s to single wire 24g or 26g SS 316L spaced coils ranging from 0.20 to 0.40 ohm coils. I also open the juice control 4 full turns instead of the recommended 2 turns max. Remember I am using 100% VG juice. The only draw back to the full 4 turns is you can not lay the mod on it’s side because it will leak. On the Kayfun 5 I am currently using SS316L 0.30 or so ohms 490 degrees to 530 degrees and the vape is almost identical to the set up in my Chalice 3 shown above.

4 Likes

@wvsanta Thanks for your early feedback.

2 Likes

I had hoped to steep at least a week before, but I couldn’t help myself after smelling the FT after a little over a day. Will continue to test as it ages. Even after a day, tasted full, great, good mouthfeel, slight throat hit, maybe due to some of the alcohol not outgassing yet, but loved it. Will post more after my FozzyBottles arrive.

2 Likes

Crap, hehe, forgot. Even though I’ve not reviewed, I at least am using SteamCrave RDTA (v1.) dual claptons/kanthal @ .30 ohms, 40w.

What do you guys think about starting a new RF SC Flavor Percentages post ?? I was trying to track Mr. Fozzy’s percentages and got lost. :open_mouth: Thought rather than bury it here, could make a new parallel post. I nominate the mixer who’s RF SC stash looks like this…

10 Likes

It begins …

3 Likes

Give it 4-6 weeks…huge changes.

Do you mean Cake Batter? If so, I agree. I didn’t care for it at all. Don’t like Caps either. FLV Cupcake Batter is the only one I’ve tried that I like.

6 Likes

I steep everything at almost 4-6 weeks at this point. I don’t even test anymore at the 1day1week1month marks…just full steep like I vape.

lol I’ve been mixing too much. I’m at a month rotation for mixes I’d vape at the 2-4 week mark. Complex custards now sit comfortably at 2months. Not that I vape a lot of custards…I’m really about those fruits.

3 Likes

16 testers Fozzy, couldn’t wait for the glass to arrive. Everyone gets plastic @ 2.5%…

3 Likes

has anyone used guava yet or done a SF test , i. thinking 1.5 pct to start any suggestions would be appreciated

2 Likes

Haven’t tried it yet, but I suuuuuuuuuure like guava. I probably should have sloooooowed down, did the research, and NOT built 2.5% testers on all of mine, but I grew impatient. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

most of mine are two but usually guava is strong at least what i think anyway , i did honey at 1 and coffee at 1 ill post my list when finished but ill be adding my notes after a week im mixing at 80/20

4 Likes

The man shut me down …

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 4 minutes before trying again.

2 Likes

Ok Dawg here, sampled beta coconut rum SC and it might just come around after a longer steep. Didn’t taste the rum but maybe a hint of coconut and got more of a chocolate taste out of it. Steeped 3 whole days, testing as we go. I am trying to get away from pg and steeping this in all vg.
not too bad imo, time will tell

4 Likes

I completely understand but I think it would have to be done as like a resource page or something because otherwise it would just end up like the 2 main RF threads already are. Confusing to find anything due to all the chatter between post.

4 Likes

Just use the Notes section of the relevant flavor page in the calculator?

2 Likes

That would work but unfortunately many people do not put notes there but they do post there findings on the forum.

4 Likes

ya there arent many notes , and there are still a lot of flaves that havent been sampled a few of the flavors i got werent even listed yet

4 Likes

here is RF SC GAUVA at 3% mixed Jan 6th. Sampling it now. At first i thought i used way too much as smell was very strong and earthy at first. Steeped 2+ months this is a lovely standalone. Tastes to me like the gauva drinks you can buy in the foriegn foods aisle in a grocery store. After experiencing flavor fade at 2% i think 2.5% in a mix and 3-3.5% as a standalone. That is if you are willing to steep it… :wink:

8 Likes

I think @Fozzy71 will agree that 2.5-3.5% is the sweet spot for many of the RF SC line. Be careful tho and ask questions as there are also quite a few that are strong AF. Lol RF SC cheesecake, passionfruit,kiwi, baked bread, brown sugar…

6 Likes