Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes (Part 1)

I received from @Walt_RealFlavors in my last order a incorrect flavor… I had ordered Coconut VG and instead received Coconut (SC)… I mixed up 15ml 1.5% 30/70 (pg/vg) 6mg nic 0.25 Ohm duel SS coils @ 23watts.
The SC Coconut has a nice smooth flavor at that percentage. I wouldn’t use it as an all day vape, just too plain, but it does have a good semi-sweet coconut flavor on the profile of what you would purchase for cooking or baking, the sweet flaked coconut. I am not getting a “bite”, but the flavor does seem to linger for awhile in the mouth, at this percentage it isn’t unpleasant (which is what I get from Coconut (Extra) to the point I can’t use it at all even in small amounts). All in all it seems to be a good flavor to play with for a bit of sweetness and would most likely be a good addition to cookie and/or candy type recipes… after adding to some Bust a nut, the jury is still out if (at least in the percentage I’ve used), it may have made it too sweet or candy like.

5 Likes

A couple new testers mixed up today:

Cannoli version 3.01 (RFSC)
0.90% Shortbread Cookie (Real Flavors)
0.75% Cheesecake (Real Flavors)
0.75% Graham Cracker (Real Flavors)
0.60% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.60% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)
0.50% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/697395/Cannoli version 3.0 that is a TOP10 contestant in DOD mixing competition

• lower AP%? replace AP with?? Baked Bread? Fried Dough?
  • try sugar cookie instead of shortbread cookie as well?

Very Berry French Toast (RFSC)
1.60% French Toast (Real Flavors)
1.10% Cream (Real Flavors)
1.05% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
variant of - http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/925227#

rf sweet cream instead of regular cream when I get some

8 Likes

Looks good! Unfortunately marshmallow is on my sweaty sock list. That and caramel :frowning:

1 Like

I’m about to order 10 and 15ml bottles and once they come in I can add my 2cents to this awesome thread.
All of my RF mixes are still holding flavor really well. A lot of times I can taste each flavor which is awesome. A lot of balance in the SC’s. Definitely a huge confidence booster when questioning which brand to use

2 Likes

Where did you find SC’s in those sizes? I have only ever seen the VG flavors in smaller bottles.

No I need more 10 ml and 15ml bottles for single and double flavor mixes. Lol my bad I wasn’t 100% clear.
But besides the point I’ve got 10 bottles of VG flavoring that won’t probably ever be used

Ahhh I gotcha now. I have 2 x 15ml bottles I never use anymore and 20 x 30ml tester bottles. I do 20ml testers in the 30ml bottles and usually end up combining multiple testers later if I need to clean up some of the 30 ml bottles for more testers but hopefully that won’t be necessary now that my single flavor testing of my last order is done… until I cave and place another huge order of some more new to me RF SC flavors.

edit: I have been using up my 5 x RF VG flavors in big single flavor batches or mixing them in with my frankentesters to use them up.

1 Like

Yea I had a bag full of 15ml bottles but no telling where they are now. You sound 10 times more organized than me lol I do a good job but man life gets in the way on my mixing all the time :cry:. Between 2 kids, a divorce lingering and running a bar my time is maxed out lol.

3 Likes

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you all know that I just edited my original post (#301) to add my Day 14 notes on the SC flavors that I have…please remember taste is subjective and these are my own personal findings on these flavors mixed at 1% SF! I will also tell you that I am one who likes her flavors to be pretty prominent, although not so strong that it tastes of perfume and chemicals! Also, I will tell you again that I am not the greatest at describing a flavor and this is more to try and pin down a good starting percentage for these flavors in a SF mix…but I will try to describe what they taste like once they have steeped fully! Thank you all!

8 Likes

Thank you for the updates…they are wonderful!!! Please make sure you are copying them into the flavoring database so it will also help all the mixers that don’t read the forums. I don’t think I’ll ever catch up to SF notes on all my flavors…way too far behind…lol

TBH, I’m surprised any of them are good at 1%. I like pretty decent flavor too. Although I have tried 2 (I think) that are good at 1%, most for me have needed the 1.5-3% range for me. I might have to test some more. Thank you for your hard work and dedication :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Thank you for the kind words :purple_heart:! I do know what you mean though! I usually never make SF mixes, and I have never made SF test batches of any flavor before, so this is a first for me! I am only doing it because they are brand new flavorings with no information on them yet so I thought if I have to do it anyways for my own personal reasons then I might as well share my findings!

Oh yes! I plan too! I think I will wait until I am satisfied with the results after steeping so that others do not have to sort through and read all of my notes! I will just put my final findings under each individual flavors notes!

5 Likes

A secure connection just means HTTPS, I only use a secure connection when you log in or create a user… :slight_smile: Sometimes there are an ad or even google analytics that “hangs” a connection and it will looks like the site will keep loading…

1 Like

Is there any way I can fix this? I guess through Google analytics?

I hit on something really good together in my Avocado tank today.
It is some RF Baklava with Strawberry. Mine contains some MF and Capella and some TPA Vanilla Deluxe. Next time will add FA Cream Fresh for that milkshake flavor.
Please someone try the RF Baklava with strawberry and could be a really good recipe.
Joy

3 Likes

I don’t know… Short of blocking google analytics :slight_smile: Doesn’t help if it’s an ad that is blocking it - Maybe try an ad blocker or donating to remove ads? :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh yea…having that duh moment…I just donated :smile:

3 Likes

That actually sounds pretty good. What percentage did u use of the baklava? I feel like it’s pretty strong.

Interesting. Hadn’t considered trying those two together but I am looking for other ways to use the baklava so will give it a try. Please post the recipes of what you have and what you try. This is what I came up with for a first go but it will be a while before I get around to testing this:

Strawberry Baklava (RFSC)
1.00% Baklava (Real Flavors)
1.00% Strawberry (Real Flavors)
0.80% Cream (Real Flavors)
0.70% Sugar Cookie (Real Flavors)

Now you got me wondering about maybe mixing Baklava with RF SC Cookies & Cream…

5 Likes

Thanks Fozzy71 for posting something more specific than I can do. I do find that juices more often are ‘rounded’ if they contain a cake, dairy and fruit. I too wouldn’t have thought to use the Baklava with strawberry . Looks good. I’ve got to order some more of the RF flavors. Wondering about the Cream. What do you think of it comparing to other creams? Would you say it’s ‘as good’. ‘better than’ or 'not as good as, i.e. TPA Sweet Cream. I am warry because I was disappointed in the RF Vanilla Custard. I’ll order it anyway and give it a try. Looking forward to the RF Strawberry and getting the Peach too since I love, love, love the RF Apple. I’m ordering it at Walmart.com as we speak. I thought about using the Baklava like I would custard to see what it would do.

@Fozzy71 if your using the SC version of RF in that recipe I would recommend changing up your listed ingredients to include the (SC) i.e 1.00% Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors) others trying to recreate that recipe as it is currently written would most likely use the VG versions of those ingredients because they didn’t specifically say they were the concentrates.

3 Likes