Real flavors vg French toast with egg nog

Have any of you tried this yet…or just the regular French toast? I mixed it at 7.5%, 80/20 vg/pg, and it’s been steeping for about 6 weeks. All I’m getting is maple syrup… I’m not sure if I’m mixing this too high or not using it high enough. I want to like this!! Help!!

2 Likes

I have not tried that flavor but I had to use the 5 vg flavors I tried up to 15% to get decent flavor and one (samoa cookie) I took all the way up to 20% (and still didn’t get much flavor from it).

3 Likes

if a person choose to go down this road ( real flavors ) would you suggest using the SC instead of the VG base

1 Like

I would, although there are some good flavors that only come in vg. If the sc version is available go with that.

3 Likes

ty its gonna take some time before i do this but im sure i will

1 Like

No peer pressure…:wink: but real flavors really does have some beautiful flavors. I haven’t tried either of these strawberries but if I’m not mistaken, someone (I can’t for the life of me remember who) said rf sb was better than mf sb which I think says something!

2 Likes

Ill say this, it is a very good SB and i have since stopped using MF for recipes i intend to make public. Ill probably use the rest of my MF and not order more of it.

I ordered the FT+Eggnog but never mixed with it. Ill tell you what tho, the SC Eggnog seems pretty potent, it hasnt had a month to cure yet but i mixed it @ 1.5% and a finger test two weeks later was quite overpowering.

Ive kind of given up on the VG flavorings, i have around 80 or so of them and havent used them since the SC’s came out.

5 Likes

I don’t know if you might have FLV eggnog but its really good and strong too! I don’t have RF eggnog. Sorry I can’t compare but I can tell you that FLV is good!

1 Like

My guess would be go higher on the % before giving up on it.

I have to agree with the 15 to 20% but let me add this. Most of the RF VG base flavors I am using are good as Single Flavors or with minimal add-ons such as just a touch of marshmallow or such. That being said RF VG base flavors are really not that far off from many peoples complex recipes that end up at 15 to 20% total flavor to my way of thinking anyway.

I am forced to do 100% VG due to PG sensitivity so RF works for me even if I need to use 15 to 20% to get the results I am looking for.

2 Likes

Agreed, I just like being able to use 3.5% of the super concentrates so I can use up more of the PG that I bought more of than I needed.

Do you have issues with their SC line that don’t have PG? Or their PDO?

1 Like

I have only tested 1 SC so far but no on that one and I have only tired one of the PDO line and that was cinnamon roll and did not care for that but no issues with the PDO just the flavor itself.

EDIT: I should add that I have not been mixing for several months now until the past few weeks so I am way behind on the RF flavors that have come out in the past 5 or 6 months.

I only started diy last august or so and had a ton of non rf flavors at first. going forward I plan to only buy rf sc flavors once I have used up all my tpa/cap/fw flavors in big batches. i have 27 rf sc flavors so far for testing with and converting recipes. once I use up more of my old flavors I will be ordering another 20 or 30 rf sc flavors and restocking ones I have tested and want more of.

1 Like