Reap what you sew

'Twas already legal for medical. This year it went recreational. I don’t live there either, just a close border state.

3 Likes

So I wonder if the medical dispensaries are as ridiculously priced as the new recreational joints.
Here in AZ, we only have medical. They get around 35 an 8th, though they run specials always at around 20 an eighth, which are usually the premium flower but in smaller kernels in culled out versions called “pre-packs”.
Ounces are generally around 120, with specials around 50 per half.
So yeah, those Illinois numbers are high.

2 Likes

A question comes to mind. Not directed at you solely but feel free to answer.

Not trying to cause controversy or start some spiral on the thread, but the question is- How many people support total legalization that do not use at all or know someone who uses for medical reasons? It seems to me that with most issues, people with a vested interest are the ones who do the fighting and work to get a result. Like vaping I suppose. I wonder how many uninvolved people support it?

4 Likes

I don’t use anymore (used to in the old days for purely recreational purposes) and do not know anyone who uses for medical reasons but I wholeheartedly endorse the legalization. Don’t know how or why we’re all here but the “green” is on this planet for a reason so why not make good use of it if it does the job. Disclaimer: abuse of anything (food, alcohol, power, the “herb”) may lead to problems. Just my 2c worth. Cheers y’all… :wink:

7 Likes

I don’t know anyone in an “activist role” who doesn’t enjoy the tree.
However, my 84 year old mother, my sister in law who is a hospice nurse, and several others who don’t use because they can’t, due to their jobs or lack of interest, don’t see anything wrong with it and in fact have Voted for legalization.
I don’t know of anything that could be described more appropriately as something literally placed in our hands by God (should he exist), than a plant like this that provides many benefits to so many people.

9 Likes

I support decriminalization and legalization. It could replace a few of my medications I take that I really don’t like.

4 Likes

I don’t smoke pot and support the legalization of it. To me it’s no different than alcohol except probably less people get into fights over pot than drinking.

3 Likes

For me it is very different. Apart from the fact that both give you a buzz there are no similarities. I have seen how alcohol destroyed families. I have seen that with weed, too but then it happened because it is illegal and brought otherwise totally normal people into prison.
On the other hand I have seen heroine addicts recover to a half normal life but there is no recovering from alcohol once a particular line had been crossed.

3 Likes

I really don’t do either. I occasionally have a glass of wine as in a few times a year. Unless you count the one weekend a year i go to New Orleans LOL

3 Likes

I’m just saying that comparing alcohol to weed is not smart and dangerous. I wanted to write stupid but that won’t help the discussion i guess. I’m not one of the people who see cannabis as the solution for all problems but it has some positive properties. For me the positive properties of alcohol are limited to disinfection, cleaning and the odd glass of red wine… in the Bolognese.

5 Likes

I’m kind of torn on this, as I’ve first hand witnessed (friends) partook a little too often, and more than a few had issues because of that, but then I think of my mother whom we lost 2 years ago due to breast cancer, and what chemo and radio did to her, and the benefits there.

Really torn on this one. I find it hard to dictate what others should or should not be allowed to do. I mean I think I lean more against than for, but who am I to decide.

2 Likes

Substance abuse is always the symptom of some other problems, the drug is not the cause. If weed was legal people had an alternative to something that will kill them. Or do you think they would stop using mind altering substances?

3 Likes