Recipe help!

I need help with this recipe… I’m going for a yummy donut flavor, and so far all I can get is a Robitussin taste… I want my blueberry and raspberry to blend well and be the forefront… with a nice donut follow up…

this is my first time posting in the forum, so if I labeled this wrong my apologies. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

4 Likes

If I were you I’d bring down the vanilla and increase the BB extra to around 5-7% Marshmallow can come down to 1 and increase the sweet raspberry to 2.50 - 3.00%

BB extra 5-7 %
DX Frosted Donut 3.00
French Vanilla TFA 1.00
Marshmallow TFA 1.00
Rasp Sweet TFA 2.50 -3.00

I’d try to keep the donut a lil lower so the fruit can shine a bit more BB is extremely difficult to really get to pop but adding an additional berry like your doing is a great start.

I do like the french vanilla being in there I feel it’ll soften the donut’s bready-ness.

Just some suggestions !

9 Likes

Beat me to it, Amy!

She is on it, that BB extra can be very mild. Just like she said, the vanilla can steal the show if used too high.

Honestly, I haven’t had much luck with DX Frosted Donut, if you have a cart in progress, I would try throwing Capella’s Glazed Donut in as it comes off more accurate than the TPA.

But that is just me, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

5 Likes

Thanks guys! I’ll try these tweaks out and give a good hot water bath too… I’ll keep you posted.

3 Likes

Please do follow up with this one. I just tried blueberry and raspberry together yesterday and the result was dismal if not horrific. I’ve never vaped battery acid but I can’t imagine it would be much worse.

2 Likes

I’ve used BB extra quite a few times and even at 7% it’s weak to me.

3 Likes

BB extra 5-7 %
DX Frosted Donut 3.00
French Vanilla TFA 1.00
Marshmallow TFA 1.00
Rasp Sweet TFA 2.50 -3.00

I, too, would do as Amy suggested, except I would change the Raspberry to another berry.
I also would use two different Blueberry flavors. Maybe BB Extra at 4% and another at 2-3%

2 Likes

I just tested this one I made back in January and it’s awesome ! The Blueberries are popping in this recipe.

Amy's Blueberry Cronuts

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 0.66
Blueberry Extra (TPA) 3.53
Blueberry Wild (TPA) 2.65
French Vanilla v2 (CAP) 1.76
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 2.65
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.54
Zeppola (FA) 2.21

Flavor total: 15.01%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
4 Likes

@Amy2 ^^^^ That looks very good !!!

3 Likes

Thank you ! I’ve been enjoying it pretty steadily

2 Likes

Is this the same as … Frank A. Zeppola…or is it Led Zeppola ?

Can you sub Hindenburg for it ?

4 Likes

Who you jiving with that cosmic debris :wink:

3 Likes

It’s actually Z Z Zeppola. It’s got legs and knows how to use 'em

4 Likes
2 Likes

if youbwant to try the cap glazed dougnut ill send u one of my unopened bottles , if your in the US just pm me im not a fan of either tpa or cap but caps is the better of the two

2 Likes

Try adding 1% FA bilberry to your BB it helps a lot.

4 Likes

That’s funny I recently did a raspberry white fudge donut, haha.

The cookie and glazed donut compliment each other to bring out the doughiness and crisp crust of the donut. Sub and double your blueberry extra for fudge and you should be set.

As for your recipe I agree with what everyone else is saying, reduce your marshmallow and vanilla and increase the blueberry or try a different blueberry. I can highly recommend Blueberry Jam (CAP) it a very vibrant blueberry without being overly jammy.

5 Likes