Recipe input

Hey all. I’m trying to duplicate a PB&J Ice cream or cream recipe. It’s my #1 absolute favorite. If anyone can suggest a similar flavor recipe I would appreciate it. I have the pbj down but a good strong cream undertone is lacking. TIA. Super new and only trying out others recipes. I do however have a pretty large flavor profile

10 Likes

Welcome to the forums.

It will be useful for all of us to know the recipes you’ve made, the one you wish to emulate and the end you seek.

For example, I can easily assume that your impression of ‘PB’ is worlds apart from mine (A Brit replying to an American), so details will help all. From budget to variance is huge factor - Many of us can easily rant about PB.

10 Likes

Not sure I’ve ever heard of a PB & Jam Cream recipe but there are 148 public recipes for Jam Monster on the recipe side:
Check cookies monster

Or here:
Check cookies master

5 Likes

What percentage is yours? I view you as my PBJ nut.

5 Likes

Well it seems my links to search on recipe side aren’t working, but I searched Jam Monster and Jam Master
One of mine is here:

8 Likes

I’ve had issues with links on this site for the past few hours. Might be a traffic issue you as all claim connections from servers (in spite of centuries of disrespect) to acquaintances…

6 Likes

Here’s a PB & Jam recipe,

I’ve been working with the SSA Peanut Butter lately with great success, looks like I need to work on a PB & Jam Monster next…

10 Likes

@jenaustin1979 can you tell me more about the cream part you are talking about or post up what you’ve tried. I’ve found that Butter Base VT goes great with peanut butter but now I really want to cream it up :yum:

7 Likes

It’s a pbj (grape) with cream. It’s a private mixer I’ve been buying it from. The cream isn’t a vanilla or custard. So, I’m stumped.

7 Likes

I tried a basic mix and used Bavarian cream TPA. But it made the grape taste off

7 Likes

I’d go with Bavarian Cream (SC) (WF), it’s an egg free cream that’s very low on the vanilla, as far as the Grape part I hope you have that nailed already down :ok_hand:

6 Likes

The Bavarian Cream TPA / Sweet Cream CAP combo is always a winner too.
Lol could be Vienna Cream FA also, so many creams…

6 Likes

Or cream fresh FA

PS: cream flv too

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

5 Likes

Welcome @jenaustin1979 . I was going to mention Creme Fresh (FA) as well. Just as a type of cream to consider trying. To me it gives a creamy fullness without any specific flavor I can discern. It’s often used with other cream’s. Since you new I’ll mention that creams need too steep(rest a week or three or four after mixing for the true flavor to be realized).

5 Likes

U may have to try some different creams to get what your looking for. I know I’ve seen some really great cream bases on the recipe side. I made my own cream base to my person liking. May have to test around a bit. Or try an established cream base

8 Likes

That’s where I would go too.

Same here and one of the reasons I like it so much and Flv. cream is the same, as in, I can’t decern a flavor.

@jenaustin1979 welcome to this side of ELR

6 Likes