Recipe keep changing

i have some issue with my own recipe in elr,
the recipe keep changing randomly,
some of my flavor is not listed, i gave the name by myself and add to the stash but after few days. the recipe is changing to other brand and for some other recipe the flavor is deleted from the recipe.

does anyone experiencing the same issue?

TIA

8 Likes

Report your problem on this thread. They are trying to tame the our flavor data base beast.
Good to see you on this side of elr.

9 Likes

Welcome to ELR @satokaki.

8 Likes

Read and follow this

From a quick gander of your public recipes, all your CAP and INAWERA will end up being changed unless you get to it beforehand. CAP should be ‘Cap’

7 Likes

What was the flavor name? Reasons it might have changed is either it was spelled incorrectly and placed with the closest correct name and/or the brand name was unknown.
Highly recommend you read the Guide above and create your Private Flavor Stash before submitting your own flavor names.

9 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined us.

6 Likes

Do never ever add your own name of flavors - all your flavors are already in the database, so pick the appropriate one from there. There are hundred thousands of mixers and imagine what would happen if everyone would add just one single flavor that already exists in the db… a complete mess and noone would be able to find anything. All wrongly added flavors or duplicates are getting deleted (it means all the recipes that use them will be changed).

6 Likes

To be fair though the flavor naming is wide fucking open publicly and to a new user, ignorant of Name Search options, they just won’t know any better. What compounds the problem of the cleanup even more is the atrocious spelling some of them have. It’s not like the names are all together in one area. You have drill down and be fairly crafty with the search engine syntax to accomplish much of anything.

9 Likes