New database error discussion thread

As many know we are doing a lot of work on the flavor database and there are bound to be errors. This thread is to report them. I suggest everyone backup their recipes and their flavor list so they can be compared, just in case.

What we want is new flavor errors caused by merges or renamings and what it was replaced with.

Strike this line. What we dont want is conversation about them, just to keep things tidy.

So please just post the flavor names in question so that we can keep a running list.

This here is a team effort and i dont just mean those who are doing the fixing.

Thank you all for your help and understanding.

EDIT:
The question came up on how to backup your recipes, here was my reply:

So on the recipe site you click My page/favorites and right under the green Favorites you should see a drop down in gray that says Export. I generally export to CSV as it can be opened in most office software.

EDIT 2: Ill start a new thread for specific errors later on. Please tag me when mentioning a flavor error in this thread.

18 Likes

Looks like some flavors and possibly PG and VG base was merged with this;

3 Likes

The notes are all over the place on that one @Rocky02852. Looks like peppermint, but then I saw others, even NIC notes ??

3 Likes

It replaced my PG and my VG base in my stashā€¦ think you added Pg as a flavor when you re-released SOFT SERVING for the pineapple week

2 Likes

@Rocky02852 once, the decision was made to force single flavor recipes to private, I think that was when I started adding 0.001g of 100%PG (already in the DB) so my SFTā€™s wouldnā€™t be forced private. Iā€™ll have to check the Servinā€™ Up Pineapple.

2 Likes

Yeah, after checking, the adapted #SSMS version WAS being forced private due to being a dup, and I did add 0.01g of 100% PG to block that.

Looks like that was it.

3 Likes

The one way (Iā€™m sure there are other additional methods) the database can recognize and weed out a range of non flavor names and dissimilar names to be included with a merge is to set a ā€˜filterā€™ with a range value prior to the scan. %1 * is one of those filters.

3 Likes

No clue what you just said :man_shrugging:, Is there a robot merging flavors and renaming them (Invalid flavorā€¦)
I just noticed a couple more in my stash including a Zippy One Shot:

2 Likes

In a couple of instances this morning, Iā€™ve adapted recipes (my own) and after saving, Iā€™m taken back to the homepage with a header that reads ā€œNo such recipe existsā€. In both cases, it was successful on a second try.

2 Likes

Can something be done with the notes for flavors? I like to check other peopleā€™s experiences with a flavor before I purchase it and sometimes I buy on a whim and turn to the notes to see what to expect with the flavor and it pains me to say there is a bunch of wasted space in notes from the bought at ___ or the price and size they bought but the worst is when I go into notes and there are just a bunch of comments where someone reviewed the flavor and did a great job and a bunch of people copied that review and pasted it several times. Much love for the hard work that the mod team does on a daily basis thank you.

7 Likes

Nothing can be done with this situation. Those people are using the notes for thenselves so they will tranfer over to ve seen by others as well

6 Likes

Thanks, it was worth a try just frustrating getting the same notes over and over Iā€™ll keep this in mind the next time.

7 Likes

Lolā€¦I hear ya , Its been a thing for awhile.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on the name change from (Jungle Flavors) to (Flavor Jungle). Also included were (Ecigexpress). ECX is till being worked.
I think I got most of them but there might be some that were overlooked, so if you run across any just let me know. :metal:

8 Likes

These Companies and their flavor name changes ā€¦If you see Rainforest Flavors they are what DIYVS calls Jungle Flavors

7 Likes

There are a few that i have seen including BCF who calls them JF but BCF is done with them ā€¦

6 Likes

I just ordered CREAMY CHEESECAKE (VTA) and I canā€™t find any info in the ELR about it. Is this the kind of questions you wanted to be asked?

4 Likes

Exactly, Iā€™ve had several flavors that just donā€™t seem to exist on ELR, but Creamy Cheesecake was just the most recent example. I hope it is alright that I posted my question here, my bad if I am on the wrong platform.

6 Likes

I am blown away by your sleuthing to find that information! Thank you so much and bless you!

5 Likes