Recommendations for new RTA tank please

I need a new tank that is pretty much leak resistant. (unlike my builds)
I’m using a goblin mini as I like the size but not completely happy with it.
It has been known to leak but I put that down to my attempts at building coils.
I would like something that I can refill from the top and doesn’t leak when left in my pocket.
So if there was a tank that you can close all ventilation holes when not in use would be great.
The glass mouthpiece can sometimes get quite hot, which I don’t like.
When having a heavy vape I have nearly burnt my lips a couple of times.
I have to refill often too…
So I really need a bigger tank.
On the plus side… The Goblin gives great flavour and well built and I can get some good hits from it.
Before I had an Orchid V6 which I had nothing but trouble with…

Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Geek vape tsunami for rda, if you want a tank rta geek vape griffin

1 Like

Thanks Dan, just had a look at the rta geek vape griffin, looks good.
Do you get any issues with dry hits as the coils are quite high?

1 Like

Just my opinion… these 3 tanks are at the top of my list for flavor. I have a Griffin and it’s not as flavorful as these 3.

3 Likes

The griffin is amazing for flavor, and no I haven’t had a issue yet with it.

1 Like

Let me start this out by saying that i am a complete n00b when it comes to modern tanks. Recently someone gave me a few, Aromamizer, Crius, Goblin V2. I had a couple Goblin Minis and liked them but i had to fill them every half hour… I also won a Griffin a couple weeks ago. So here are my thoughts from someone who loves RDAs.

Aromamizer - 6ml, easy to build and wick. Great tank but a little lacking on flavor. I do very much like this tank, if they have placed all of the air holes directly in front of the coil area it would produce better flavor.

Crius - Not as easy to wick as some of the others but even i was able to do so with relative ease. The airflow is a bit lacking but the flavor is good and the juice flow ring completely cut off the flow of juice. I have never had it leak. Top filling system is easy to use but can get messy, 4.2ml is decent too.

Goblin V2 - I have the version that allows for choice of size. Compared to the others this one has much less airflow but it produces great flavor. I really love this tank but i find myself using the others more as i have become accustomed to greater airflow. The build deck is smaller than the others

Griffin with top airflow - This tank… I love the flavor it produces, i really do. Sadly it has some issues, the glass is too close to the inner barrel so the juice flow in higher VG liquids is slower than molasses in January. It has a great build deck, which is the reason for the slow juice flow. BUT put some 80/20 in it an wow. Juice flow rings spins a bit too freely as well. It is only 3.5ml, when vaping heavily i have to fill this thing every 20 to 30 minutes, i vape at 35watts…

I do have another that i wasnt going to mention but i will as it is a completely shitty tank that leaks like a screen door on a submarine. The Zephyrus V2. It also has very little airflow, less than a Subtank mini so mouth to lung is about it.

Of all the tanks above i use the Aromamizer the most, 6ml, good flavor and decent airflow make it a fantastic tank. Second choice would be the Griffin then the Crius and finally the Goblin V2. If the Goblin V2 had just a bit better airflow it would be my favorite.

And please keep in mind that i am pretty much new to the modern generation of tanks. I have dozens of RDAs and mech mods that i used for years. Recently i got some TC mods and peer pressure got me to try some of the new tanks. I have pretty much put away all my RDAs and mechs now…

3 Likes

Just goes to show how opinions vary…I’m sure build type, wick type and method of wicking, wattage and wire type also play roles, but…
I have heard several people say the Aromamizerr lacks in flavor, but man, my aromamizer has tons of flavor…so, ya see, there are many variables involved here…
So essentially, there are a LOT of great RTA’s out there, its how you work it…
Aromamizer
Mutation x mt-rta
Griffin
Boreas
TF-RTA G4
Diablo
Apache
These are the tanks on my work bench at this very moment.
One last thing: practicality also plays a role…as in, how easy it is to build on it, how easy to wick without error, and, of course, how easy it is to fill the tank all play a role…

2 Likes

Had a look at the boreus demo on youtube. that looks good…
Id be interested to try that one.

1 Like

subtanksupply.com
coupon code “tenoff” for 10% off

2 Likes

I’m thinking of ordering another one. I’m glad you found that one. It’s a great tank.

1 Like

Finding tanks has become an obsession as of late. I told you guys about my latest killer find, the TF-RTA, but Smok has another new release that looks awesome as well…the TF-RDTA. …it looks like it will be a monster wicking tank!
I ordered one already, so I’ll let you guys know!

1 Like

To me it looks like they have fixed that issue with the 25mm version. I have the 25mm with top airflow on pre-order so I’ll see how it is in person when it finally gets here. Plus it has a 6.2ml capacity which should help (6.0ml w/ top airflow).

http://www.geekvape.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/geekvape-griffin-rta-25-standard-parameter.png

http://www.geekvape.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/deck5.png

1 Like

Shit…have you seen the cthulhu v3???

2 Likes

I was waiting for you to post. You’re the tank man.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a release date yet OR even a prototype…but still looking!

1 Like

http://www.cthulhumod.com/cthulhu-rta-v3/

The OBS Crius RTA rocks. I’ve had it a couple of weeks and have been vaping it nonstop.

Features: Top filling, adjustable airflow, adjustable juice flow, easy to build, doesn’t leak, spare glass tank. Under $20.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b610/john_ryan8/OBS1_zpsqdb1c4e8.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b610/john_ryan8/OBS2_zpsk4mwidfx.jpg

Yup…that’s all I’ve seen, the blueprint or whatever that’s called. …But haven’t seen an actual real prototype…ya know, the real thing…but waiting! It looks pretty sweet. It has all the best features of all the latest great tanks!

1 Like

I’ll weigh in here. . .keep in mind that I am a pariah amongst weasels so you can value my opinion as you will. You care about leakage, right?

In that case I would recommend and Aromamizer or a Boreas. . .the latter being preferred for flavor and capacity but DAYUUM does it drink juice. I’m am starting to look at my 120ml bottles like I used to look at 15ml commercial juice bottles when the TFV4 came out. I consider neither a flavor tank though. That said, I’ve also made the Boreas pour all 8ml out. . .I wick with hemp and I don’t clog the holes very heavily, so I cannot even add juice with a dropper, much less close the cap with the AFC open. You do need a procedure on most every tank for filling though.

Cthulu V2. . THIS is a flavor tank. It also has a rather difficult to use juice flow control that I didn’t know was there until someone pointed it out to me. It does work though. I would recommend it over any other tank for just about everything, including leak resistance. I am vaping a Boreas as I type, it’s a fine tank but some of my juices are really, really muted. I vape a lot of fruits and florals and they are way muted, the tobaccos and creams seem just muted a bit. I haven’t given up on it, but I know the same build in the Cthulu will KICK IT SQUARE IN THE NUTS on flavor. It’s a hell of a fog machine though. I also have to run the Boreas like 100F hotter in TC to get any semblance of the same flavor I get in other tanks. . .like, I cannot even identify my own juices vaped in the Boreas due to the loss of nuance. It has a lot of flavor, but its like a loud car stereo that is all bass and no highs.

I think the chimney and chamber size of the Cthulu are what make it such a tasty tank. It’s only surpassed on flavor by the Bellus. . .

I’ve gotten the Bellus to where I can carry it in my pocket even wicked with hemp, but I cant tell you its not a leaker, because it took me a long time to figure it out with hemp and too many people have issues with it leaking. Cthulu V2 is an easy recommend. Despite my praise, I’ve recently discovered some drippers that have pulled me back to dripping most of the time now. One will hold an entire dropper full in the juice well.

I have an unopened Griffin and I gave away a Crius mainly because it leaked on me. . .but it came bent and once I straightened it it did stop leaking. It had a juice control ring that was too loose and kept shutting off on me in the dark in the car, but even it has issues with leaking, honestly I cannot remember what it tasted like. Maybe I will wick my Griffin tomorrow.

1 Like

Recently I was searching for the same thing… Tanks that don’t leak at all and that have the best flavor possible.
I was successful in finding two but you must buy coils for them. The Cleito and the Phoenix. You could do a search on YouTube, watch some videos and see which you prefer. Each is very different. The coils are inexpensive, and it’s been a pleasant break in coil building.

Sorry to edit, but after reading all the other replies, I want to comment on a couple of other tanks.
The Aromamizer is my favorite tank, but if it lies on its side or goes in the car, it will drip big drops on your clothes!
Since those are my favorite tanks (I now have 6), I take them with me and must tie a piece of tissue around them under the air holes unless I want to get burnt by very hot ejuice and gets spots on my clothes.
The Chulha v1 and v2 are great flavor tanks and they don’t leak when your using them at all, but oh Goodness do they leak when you fill them! Also, the draw on them is like a dream. That’s why I still have mine. I put up with the leaking when I fill them on account of this. It’s not only leaking, it is waste of ejuice. I have not been able to figure out how to use the juice flow control on the V2, to help with this issue. Supposedly, if you hold the juice flow control band and turn the tank glass to the right, you open up the juice flow. And if you turn it to the left, you close off the juice flow. Well, if I screw it too far counterclockwise (left), it disassembles the tank. It doesn’t seem to help stop my problem no matter what I do. When I fill it up, about 1 ml comes running out of the air flow holes! If anyone can explain how they are getting less of a mess, please tell me so I can give it a try. I am on the verge, since I’ve got some new tanks, to sell my Chulha (s). It would be a shame because that kind of flavor and draw and appearance is hard to find.

Also want to add… I got a larger glass for the Cleito tank. It was only about $3xx and well worth it.
Now I have:
5 Aromamizers Get 6 ml size to hold more juice. Do not use a lot of juice but excellent flavor. I’ve never heard anyone say they don’t have excellent flavor. When they are new, you need to break in the tank. You’ll get some machine oil, so change the cotton wick a few times in a row. (even if you wash and boil it). You’ve got to break in the tank and break in the coil.
5 Aromamizer V2 (no nipple and no rubber air-flow band) I like it. Just got it yesterday. Flavor is as good as v1. Now you can break it down to clean better than v1.
Chulha V1 (no juice flow control) Leaks when you fill it. Flavor and vapor 10 out of 10. No leaking after filling.
Chulha V2 Leaks a lot when you fill it. Flavor and vapor 10 out of 10. No leaking after filling. I’m not sure about traveling though.
Zyphyrus OK. Leaks only like constant sweat. Flavor is ok. I keep Key Lime Pie in it, and that is a strong anyway. Has RBA deck.
TFV4 and TFV4 mini. My larger one is a hot tank. Keep chocolate in it. Recommend the mini version. Big vape, large draw, Flavor 8 our of 10. RBA decks or buy coils many choices. Juice drinkers and that is how you get the flavor out of them.
NEW TANKS:
Phoenix (Warm vape but not hot drip tip - lovely flavor and no leaking whatsoever on fill or travel. Easy top fill. Juice flow closes automatically when you open the tank to fill it. Ceramic Coil. Uses quite a bit of juice, but not as much as TFV4. Must use more juice due to temp 45 watts. Keeping Shroom’s OMG Sause with MF Butterscotch in it. Would I buy another - Yes. I don’t like the large chuff drip tip. I like bullet drip tips, but I put my TFV4 drip tip on it and I’m using it. It does not get hot. Flavor is 10. Running it at 45 watts. There are no replacement coils for it yet. The entire chimney is the coil similarly to the Cleito.
Cleito - Inexpensive. Flavor 8 out of 10. No leaking whatsoever on fill or travel. Replacement coils are inexpensive too. Get larger glass to hold more juice. Uses a lot of juice and that’s how you get the flavor.
Avocado - Haven’t tried yet. Going to build it for the first time after this post. Juice is below the coil. Genesis style RTA. Flavor will be good, but it will leak on travel.

2 Likes