Recommendations?

Watch out for them Rabbit holes :rofl: they can become very deep. Just tie a rope around your self and hold on :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

7 Likes

I break my nicotine down into 60ml brown tinted glass bottles. I leave about 1/2" space from the top of the bottle for expansion. I then mark them with who I bought from and nicotine strength and put the bottles in 1 gal freezer bags then into the freezer. That way all I have to do is grab a working bottle from the bag to thaw a day beforehand. I then use a blunt needle syringe to draw from the glass bottle and deposit into my mix.

6 Likes

The bad thing about my personality is when I decide to do something, I am ALL in! LOL.

7 Likes

Awesome! That gives me a good jumping point to work with. Do you refreeze what you do not use out of the bottle?

5 Likes

No! Never have to. The working bottle is used up ( about a month) wash out & back into the carton it came in till it’s needed for the next lieter to be divided. Still using 3 yr old nic with about 5 lietrs in the freezer.

5 Likes

Oh perfect! Thank you for the information!

6 Likes

@Retrogirl78 I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all !!!

I’m a moderate NIC hoarder, and have gallons on Argon gas in medical freezers. If you have ANY questions about safety, short term, long term storage, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re all here to help.

4 Likes

I am most certain I will be pestering the crap out of everyone with questions! I will be sure start with you! Thank you!

6 Likes

My, and OUR pleasure. I just PM’d you, but was wondering, if you’ve ever handled NIC before, and/or are aware of the safety precautions ?

6 Likes

I have not. But am aware to not let it come in contact with my skin. And I also gravely understand the ramifications of nicotiine overdose and toxicity.

5 Likes

Well, it depends on how comfortable you are with it. Were you getting 100mg NIC ??

If so, take special care, if you have pets or kids, so they can’t come in contact with it, and for yourself, it depends on how concerned you are. Eye protection, can be a plus, especially if you are breaking down large bottles where you might splash some. Gloves can also be handy, especially in case of a spill.

I had a friend who ONLY broke down his big bottles into small ones, over a large cookie sheet. Yes, true story. It was some sort of pro chef oversized stainless steel cookie tray, and he said if anything spilled, leaked, splashed, it was contained by the cookie tray. Actually, not a terrible idea. Made for easy clean ups.

5 Likes

I do have a 50 ML bottle of 100 mg/mL coming to start with. I am shopping around so all of this is good information to keep in mind.

Gloves and syringes are plentiful for me considering that I am a nurse. LOL.

The cookie sheet is a good idea.

Another question for you, do you mix your batches and add nicotine at the end? I figured this would probably be very feasible so I could mix up several batches and handle the nicotine all at once for them.

6 Likes

Syringes and gloves, good stuff. Yeah, no problem mixing them up all at the same time.

4 Likes

Moderate? Think spellcheck gotcha on that one.

4 Likes

adjective

kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense: a moderate price.

of medium quantity, extent, or amount: a moderate income.

4 Likes

When you add the nic is up to you, no particular right or wrong. Personally I always measure nic first so if I over pour I don’t have to adjust the recipe or start over.

5 Likes

If you say so…

3 Likes

Oh, now that is a good idea too.

4 Likes

Smart, smart @Letitia.

3 Likes