Reddit Vs Robinhood (Not vape related)

Did anyone make some money off of the reddit takeover of robinhood? I didn’t. My son purchased about $200 of dodgecoin stock a few months ago, He made a few dollars. Robinhoods response proves once again that the system is definitely rigged in favor of the top 1%.

9 Likes

So far, I’ve lost about $2.00 on Dogecoin… However, I’m watching my one share of Canopy Growth (CGC) slowly climb… On Robinhood…I agree that the whole system is rigged.

7 Likes

Agreed @robin, and I didn’t make any money off it, BUT, I savored the flavor to see the “Shorters” get “Shorted”, hehe. Robinhood is going to suffer probably…

5 Likes

Yes they probably will. Good !!

5 Likes

Right now looking to buy MJ stocks. I have a feeling that this new administration will legalize MJ on a federal level.
Robinhood was supposedly created as a way for the common man/women to build their portfolio, without having huge sums of capital . They definitely are going to suffer.
For now, Etrade seems to be pretty safe.

4 Likes

That’s what Canopy Growth is. Medical marijuana. Or MMJ. I have one tiny share in sundial (SND I think…) and one in CGC. I absolutely agree. I’m almost certain that this administration will likely legalize on a federal level.

4 Likes

What platform do you use ?

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I use Robinhood…for now.

4 Likes

But did you have any doubts?

3 Likes

Welllllllll, kind of. Some call me naïve because i always expect the best out of people even when they show me different. I still have hope for mankind

3 Likes

But … If the example is very clear … When they lose, the rules change … Those rules being imposed by them. I do not understand why we are not all on the streets, condemning these people to the gulag …

5 Likes

There was a time ( a very, very long time ago) when the stock market actually reflected the value of a company. If you knew how to analyze a company’s financial data and research their management talent you could make the right choices. Those were the days when Warren Buffet was just a little boy buying 6 packs of Coke and selling individual bottles for a profit. I’d love to hear what he has to say about today’s Wall Street. MOF, think I’ll google that!

4 Likes

Because they own the gulag and have the keys? :grin:

Kindly note that I’m wholly unqualified to give financial advice to anyone.

For clarification I think we should separate Wall Street Bets (WSB) from Reddit. They are now 7 million group users who have been repeatedly censored by Reddit and the bullshit restrictions Robinhood imposed should IMO make it abundantly clear that the “rules” will be changed for the benefit of the elite. It appears to me that they care not about the “optics” anymore except that as this develops we are likely to have another group of ordinary citizens labeled domestic or financial terrorists. That seems to work well for all the scummy predators we have in charge. So to me it appears to be a beautiful thing to see people work together and outsmart these short seller/hedge fund assholes.

Now WSB has the silver market in the crosshairs and intend to short squeeze it in the same manner as with Game stop. I’ll confess that at midnight last night I was considering making a purchase and now 4 hours before the spot market opens, silver bullion is nearly impossible to buy. I have never seen this:

“We are currently in an unprecedented situation where are unable to accept orders on many of our products due to market conditions and that international precious metals markets are presently closed.”

See https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/reddit-preparing-unleash-worlds-biggest-short-squeeze-silver

SLV saw inflows of almost one billion dollars on Friday, almost double the previous record inflow for this 15 year-old ETF.

“The thing is that no matter what happens with #SilverSqueeze, a lot of younger people are for the first time informing themselves that metals are the only true real money. That realization sticks for life, even when squeezes end. This is a red pill moment for many & its beautiful.”

— Quoth the Raven (@QTRResearch) January 31, 2021

I agree. Please exercise caution.

4 Likes

what this, and 1 other thing, remind me of = those movies that show the very few elites that own nearly everything. and the the rest, us, live in slums.

it will be very interesting to see what this country is like 20 years from now = i “may” be alive at that time , and i may wish i wasn’t.

3 Likes

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”
― Frédéric Bastiat

2 Likes

That is interesting on silver, it has been low in relation to gold. Last time gold was this high I remember silver hitting a high of about $48.

I have never dabbled in the rigged stock market but might as another crash seems imminent. I still prefer precious metals but they just sit looking pretty, no dividends until you sell. The problem is trying to find someone to sell when they dip. I remember when platinum went to below $800 an ounce and I was desperately trying to find some to buy and came up empty. Glad I couldn’t find any as it stayed stagnant for awhile.

3 Likes

I look at owning physical metal as insurance against a collapse in fiat paper money and against the rampant inflation that is eating away at all of us. Unless it went to astronomical levels, I would be very hesitant to sell. While there is no dividend, we’re not making interest on money in the bank either.

The article linked above details how the paper market in silver is utterly corrupt and used to artificially monkey hammer physical down below historical value. So the plan was to en masse buy and take physical possession and collapse the paper market while causing the physical market to rise. Clearly they are creating “silver” out of thin air and the method is short selling. That IMO is the Achilles heel and how the WSB and working class can end their criminal enterprise. They can not deliver, nor can they cover the shorts just like with GameStop etc.

Like you said finding someone to sell when they dip can be hard or damned near impossible while they manipulate and churn the markets with up and down thefts.

Here’s what happened when the spot market opened:

"Update (1800ET) : It was the one print everyone was waiting for, and here it is: silver futures opened up 7%, surging from $27/oz to a high of $29.095 following a weekend of speculation that the next big squeeze on WSB’s radar is silver. And whether that’s true or not, may no longer matter in a world where - as described below - there is virtually no physical silver to be purchased.

Physical is available, but whether we will have access to it is another thing. I hesitated last night and may regret it. Time will tell. The only thing I’m sure of is that the international bankers need to be locked up.

2 Likes

Amen brother :+1:

4 Likes