Reformulations besides Inawera

does anyone know if any other company’s have reformulated their flavours besides inawera? any notable flavours?

1 Like

TFA ripe strawberry was reformulated a few months ago.

6 Likes

thanks good to know,
There really needs to be a reformulation thread, I searched and couldn’t find one.

5 Likes

Going how far back ??? I believe some of FAs were reformulated , im not sure how many but i know their yoghurt was …that was a bit ago though

5 Likes

Good to know, I use a metric shit ton of that stuff.

4 Likes

There are a lot of reformulations that go on, most are unnoticed by the consumers. So the news never sees the light of day. An individual’s taste is such a subjective thing and it will change from day to day so I doubt many would even notice the slight changes or if noticed the changes are dismissed.

The reformulation of inw only came to light due to a leak. I suspect many of the changes are made due to supply issues of the ingredients and there are always slight variations between batches.

10 Likes

You may be right… I have become disgusted by FA Forest Fruit…When I started mixing about 3 years ago, it was a beautiful flavor…Lately I have been experiencing a “funk” note in the vape…almost like the Harvest Berry from Capella…

4 Likes

Funny you say that bc I used to love forest fruit but since I reordered some a couple months back I havent been a fan … I do know that I go through taste changes where ill like something gor awhile then I dont , so i just chop it up to that , but it may be that something changed , ive also always disliked Harvest Berry and believe me ive tried to like it …

It also seems that companies have been upfro t about changes , besides the INW leak ,so I’m pretty sure a person can find out if a flavor has been reformulated

4 Likes

It sucks because Forest Fruit was one of the first flavors I thoroughly experimented with and it was my ADV… I saw some reviews on Forest Fruit in Bull City’s website where a few people mentioned the “funk” also…One person said that they mixed .5% Lemon with it and the “funk” went away…I tried that, but it didn’t work for me. Been searching for a good Berry Flavor ever since, and have not been successful…Any recommendations anyone ?

4 Likes

Ill have to SFT that one along with 100 others I need to test lol

4 Likes

Last 2 or 3 years i guess I don’t really care about any/all reformulations
just the ones that used to be great but are no longer…
I bought FA forest fruit recently too because it had great reviews and I did not like it that much. The reviews are outdated and misleading.

6 Likes

Have not found a good mixed berry but I do really like INW shisha raspberry,
I don’t get why malina gets all the love, I much prefer shisha, especially for bakeries.

3 Likes

How you mixing that…? Standalone?..Percentage? or are you mixing it in a blend of flavors?..It’s reported to have a dry note to it, and I am wanting to experiment with it…

3 Likes

I could agree with that , id rather mix my own fruit flaves together anyway …Forest Fruit was at one time good imo… I really need to SFT and see if its just me or the flave

2 Likes

Flavour Art have notes on their site (on each flavour separately) for the reformulated flavours, Yogurt is one of this, Peanut is an other one but not the Forest Fruits.

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/sweet/yogurt-flavor/
http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/savoury/peanut-flavor/

4 Likes

Well that’s good to know… Maybe I’ll like FF again someday …

4 Likes

This is not completely true. A new company produces the flavor now but still according to the same recipe. DIYorDIE (I think) has a vid on YT about it.

4 Likes

well I have a strange palate I’m very sensitive to some flavors and this seems to be one of them it only takes 10 - 15 drops for me so 30ml will last me my whole life and I also don’t find it dry.
Most people seem to mix at .5 - 1.5% i’m usually adding it to custards or bakeries
but I do actually like it stand alone as well. It’s not as potent or candy-like as malina and seems more forgiving for blending.
It’s more of a realistic flavour, dark and a bit jammy and a bit tart.
some people say it tastes similar to Fa raspberry but IDK cuz that one tastes like laundry detergent to me.

4 Likes

Keep us posted on that FA Forest Fruit experiment.

3 Likes

I’ve tried a few different mixed fruit types if anyones interested. Full disclosure, I like a mixed berry vape but I don’t like either FA Forest Fruits or CAP Harvest Berry, they both seem to have a nasty twang to me:

Bumbleberry (Wonder flavours) - A nice mixed berry type mostly blueberry and raspberry. Quite sweet.

Fruits of the Woods (Solub Arome) - Nicely balanced blackberry and raspberry with other berries in the background. Good at 10% but fades quickly. Nowhere near as sweet as FA Forest (which I think is a good thing)

Mixed Berries (Real Flavors) - Blackberry and Boysenberry. Apparently they put other fruit in, but I can’t taste them. Nice, and again not too sweet, but you’d get the same taste from a TPA Blackberry and Boysenberry mix. (IMO)

Wild Berries (Vapable) - Really REALLY nasty I’m sorry to say. This has all the worst qualities of FA Forest Fruits and CAP Harvest Berry IMO. Its over the top with horrible artificial blackcurrant and topped up with a secret ingredient of ‘sweet’. Its not a sugary sweet or a syrup type sweet, its just a really nasty chemical sweet that clings to your nose and leaves a horrible aftertaste.

1 Like