Remind Me to STOP second guessing myself

Not naming names but I tried a flavor in a cheesecake that has definitely not worked for me. Using FW yogurt to give it the twang was a total bust and to be honest that flavor concentrate well… it doesn’t work for me at all. Trying the dang Brie Cheese at a low percentage to see if I can boost that cheesecake vibe next.

8 Likes

Way back when, when I was doing my mega RF SC SF tests, I too picked up a cheesecake, and despite promising myself, I could DO IT, I kept smelling the bottle, and just kept putting it off. It was the ONLY flavor, I bought, but never tested.

7 Likes

FW yogurt is very waxy not very tart and could bring an unwanted “body” to the cheesecake. I too have been experimenting with yogurt in a cheesecake. I think TFA version is the winner as it has the twang and seems to interfere less with dominant flavors…

@authormichellehughes may I ask what % you used ?

8 Likes

It quickly fades though. For me it’s only usable if you’re not going to steep for a couple weeks.

I’m gonna have to try that brie as a single flavor though. Even Chefs says it’s only going to work in a mix… but I gots to know. I can’t imagine it’ll be worse than TFA’s sweaty socks cheesecakes.

7 Likes

I’ll name names :astonished:

Did a custard mix with this and it turned it into a yummy creamy cheezzzzecake style custard. Have to re-check @SessionDrummer 's notes see what he got from it.

Just finished a 30 ml (ouch) :sob: I tried to make it last but it was just so so good! :wink:

8 Likes

You CAN do it! It just needs to be considered an ultra concentrated additive to give that twang to another Cream or Cheesecake flavor. 0.35% is the highest I’ve enjoyed it. Just a drop or two per 15/30ml can be very nice.

7 Likes

What percentage did you use that faded? Or do you just mean the “twang” aspect steeped out? I have used TFA yogurt up to 4% with no off notes…

6 Likes

Lol. You’re allowed to name names. Brie cheese flv can be a polarizing flavor.

6 Likes

Michelle Ive noticed a lot of people using FW yogurt which isnt for me either , but Wayne and other YT mixers like it so a lot of people will swear by it, I like FLV greek Yogurt or HS Italian cream in a xheescake mix… I also dont buy in to the Trilogy stuff either that some YT mixers swear by…

6 Likes

I’ll be honest Mixologist, that dang FW yogurt made me gag LOL. On it’s own, not an issue but mixing it with Yes we Cheesecake? Nope, never doing it again and because I’m a dang glutton for punishment I mixed JUST those two flavors to see if that what destroyed my mix and yep. That might work for someone else, they may think it’s the cats meow but for me it was putrid LOL

6 Likes

Yep. I figured heck these folks make money selling these flavor shots to people they MUST know what they are talking about… I’ll stick to my own brain because when I took a whiff from the bottle it smelled like something I wanted to throw away, and sure enough, that’s what I did. Like I said above I had to make sure those two flavors together were the problem with my mix and I mixed just the YWC with that yogurt and GAG

5 Likes

The thing is… You have been mixing as long as most of them, dont get me wrong I like the YT crowd I just dont always agree with them …lol

6 Likes

I always doubt myself … in the end it’s about making what I enjoy vaping so there’s that

7 Likes

4 to 5%
It depends a bit what mix you’re using it in. Some other flavors, e.g. creams, can push the greek yogurt around a bit. If you use it just with fruits it comes out stronger and you won’t need to push it that much…

5 Likes

Michelle, I developed a CC recipe(Blueberry) with the YWC & FW Yogurt and initially…actually for well past the third week I agree with your assessment. I’m just wondering how long you gave it, before dumping. Mine has turned into a keeper. When my nose and notes still say ‘yuck’ at week 3, I put it away for one more week and give it one last chance.

2 Likes

15 days is what I gave it :slight_smile: I couldn’t MAKE myself try it again LOL

3 Likes

Yeah, Sometimes ya just know.Hope you have a great weekend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You do the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Michelle …just wanted to remind you to NOT second guess yourself :wink:

5 Likes

LOL thank you!!! I just overloaded a recipe with sweetener that didn’t need it so needed that.

3 Likes