Reopening after Covid19

And that is why it’s going to be so dangerous to loosen restrictions… many more will die if medication isn’t available yet but on the other hand, it’s not sustainable to keep everything locked down either.
It’ll be interesting to see things play out and how different countries do things their own way. Who will be right, who will be wrong?
Besides that decision, how responsibly the population will behave will have a huge impact too.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Conspiracy theories] Was it a accident or planned? Hunan

The worse part is the announcement that 30% of the negative tests are probably false.

2 Likes

There is a risk that the swab didn’t catch enough virus material, and maybe combined with not having that many viruses in your system that can be exacerbated. There are some false negatives… As for how many - that is the question. 30% seems too high, but I don’t know.

1 Like

Just on the local news … people are getting bored with regulations and are coming out in masses with the good weather. Police is making more and more arrests. Even though our curve is going down well, if this trend continues we are looking at even worse restrictions, Wuhan-style
sigh
Always those few people that kill it for everyone else :angry:

2 Likes

According to some facebook “presenters” a protest is being planned in Michigan. Landscape companies towing equipment, marine outfits towing boats, construction companies towing heavy equipment as well as “folks” plan to drive to Lansing and cause gridlock. It’s gonna be a tough day for the popo if these folks actually pull this off.

1 Like

How are they going to cause gridlock? They’re the only ones that will be stuck in the traffic jam, if reports of recent road usage are correct. But on the bright side, they won’t have to pay as much for the gas they burn sitting there.

1 Like

Lol, I know. Only reiterating “the plan”. They claim to have a bunch of folks with drones going as well so maybe we’ll be able to see the results on some local news station. Maybe even on MSM if they can figure out a way to twist and hype the mess to fit their agenda. Right now my main facebook page is scrolling to fast to read anything and I haven’t even joined any of the anti Whitmer groups.

1 Like

Operation Gridlock! :rofl: Hope everybody remembers to bring some extra empty bottles for Trucker Bombs! They’re gonna need them for sure if they gridlock themselves. :unamused:

1 Like

Well, that Depends

1 Like

I’d laugh had I not read all of the vitriol associated with this. Bashing to some is fun. To others it is more serious. It only takes one spark.

1 Like

I’m all for a good protest! :tada: No matter how ill thought out it is. :woozy_face:

My favorite thing to do at a protest is… “accidentally” bump into the news guy with the video camera, while someone behind him is bent over “tying his/her shoe”. :joy: I just love the sound a super expensive video camera makes when it hits the pavement.

Ooops! Sorry about that! :smirk:

3 Likes

I guess. I have trouble defining “good” in that context. In Ann Arbor people protest protest because it’s cool to protest. Half of the protests are undefined. Nobody knows what’s being protested.

1 Like

That’s actually a valid concern and a reason that there needs to be a viable exit strategy announced sooner than later. It’s human nature to resist being suppressed, especially as a whole nation and especially for an extended period. It’s natural consequence of a long loss of everyday life. I’m not surprised that there are movements like this planned.

3 Likes

The influences are beyond my ability to quantify. Deep seated political hatred, a broken mental health system, well deserved distrust of government and media, real or perceived transgressions of personal freedoms, panic, despondency, prolonged anxiety, exacerbated character defects. Useless to continue the list here. There’s definitely a storm a-brewin.

1 Like

Another factor is the myraid of data and information online. When you see things like this:

Then read things like this:

When asked about extending the stay-at-home order, Page said that he would need to discuss that with other regional leaders but it would likely be extended.

You can see why people would be confused and even upset that restrictions are not beginning to ease up. You can find 100 stories on either side of the fence. And that’s not even mentioning the real financial impact and difficulty this incurs, more so every day. Tough world these days.

1 Like

Absolutely, One person can post what he or she thinks is an absurd joke and 10,000 people will freak out and act on it. People demanding answers when there are none. Oh God, there I go again babbling on with the list. I’m going to go pet the cat.

1 Like

I had to read that three times. I was mortified that I read eat the cat at first… Whew!!

2 Likes

:joy: … I could expound on why that won’t happen for a while yet. However, I’ll just post my view point of our current administration in gif form:

2 Likes

The current administration does indeed bear the responsibility for all failures and successes, no doubt. That is their job. I am of the opinion, though, that any current administration would have been in a similar situation. Lest anyone forget that when C19 was becoming a big problem in China, very very few individuals outside of China had the will or stomach to actually consider the massively large-scale economic shutdown that eventually happened. And as a regular old US citizen, I would have been hard pressed in January or February to accept these things too, as most people were also.

2 Likes