[REQ] A Kiss Goodnight - Kai's Virgin Vapors

It got groovy enough for a test just steeping overnight. Just needs a few weeks’ steep to get real. Super tasty Red Apple! Guess my Grn Apl MF is still ok :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What do you think of the idea of adding marshmallow? Related to a request you responded to in 2018. It seems you were using marshmallow NF back then with success. That’s one of the recipes I wanted to work on. If you were to, what ratio of marshmallow would you add?

3 Likes

Regarding the Apul recipe. Can this be modified to do like a baked apple pie type recipe? I am thinking of cinnamon at the least, and wondering if anything else would need to be added?

3 Likes

Do you mind me asking what percentages you use am when boosting other flavours ?

3 Likes

Really depends , Take Blueberry for example ill use that at 0.3pct with 4pct VSO BB or FW it really rounds it out …I would say use the MF at 25pct of what you would if you were using it Solo…Lemon is great to enhance lots of things from 1 drop in a 30ml to using it at .25pct with say WF lemon custard example linked

Although the MF is used as more than a helper here it gives a round about idea …Are there any flavors you are specifically wondering about ??? I use a lot of MF in my recipe that i vape personally and recipes i make for others . I dont usually make them public on the recipe side bc MF arent used as much so it’s difficult for people to make the Recipe :cry::cry:

4 Likes

I’m just researching atm . Ive made quite a few bakery and cream recipes that i have been satisfied with , but I’m having trouble nailing my fruits. The flavour fades too quick etc. I’ve started using some flavourah, inawara and flavour art concentrates and have found them so much more flavourful even at lower percentages. So I just wanted to know a bit more about MF . One question I have is does the concentrates weigh the same as pg? What base do I select the Flavour is when using a calculator ? I know the premium range is in pg but unsure on the silverline

3 Likes

[quote="Jammer3, post:26, topic:2504

Choose " other "

16"]
One question I have is does the concentrates weigh the same as pg?
[/quote]

Yes the 1ml = 1 gram rules still applies even though some flavors actually weigh more or less its negligible

Its not PG based , but there is PG ( vegetable based ) in the extract …i think silver does does as well … Great question ill email the owner of MF regarding the Silver line

3 Likes

Which lines were you using ???

3 Likes

Yep, I still use NF Marshmallow. It is on point! You can look up @SessionDrummer’s review and see some finer detail, his review matches my experience really well.

Slide it in there at 0.75 or 0.8%. It should taste great almost immediately, but the Marshmallow really starts to take form after 3 or 4 days. And a good 2 weeks for everything to start shining.

A recent example, I made this one Monday morning, and it’s starting to get its Marshmallow on today. You can taste it as early as day 1, but you start to feel it on day 3.

Definitely! Take the Lemon out, decrease the Green Apple to 0.25%, add Danish Pastry NF at 0.75% use the Sugardaddy at 0.5%(just what I’d do, it is a dessert. You may like it just fine without sweetener) Give it 2 weeks. Tasting along the way is a-ok.

Check out SessionDrummer’s review on that Danish, too. (search for “base camp” then find a link to his Nature’s Flavors reviews. He’s really good at this)

It has a nice hint of Sweet Cinnamon, and a bit of Cream Cheese Icing and some Bread type general Bakery note that can mimic a Pie Crust for you. The Cream Cheese note isn’t Cheesy, more like a hint of general Icing/Cream.

If the Icing thing clashes with your idea of Apple Pie, just use Fresh Baked Bread NF instead, same %. It has the baked Cinnamon note, but no Cream. If you just want Apple and Cinnamon, just add Sweet Cinnamon NF. Again, just a drop or 2 in 30ml. diyvs has all of those!

4 Likes

This recipe looks superb

3 Likes

Thanks, man!

2 Likes

I’ve been using the usual suspects CAP, TPA FW etc. Don’t get me wrong there’s some lovely flavours there,and I enjoying mixing with these flavours I just really need that bit of magic to happen in my fruits. I think using MF is the way to go

4 Likes

Definetly a learning curve , im sure you havebtried to use lemon to make your berries pop more and all those little tricks ??? Just keep in mind MF are steepers and if you use them to high especially with each other things can get funky …Theybare worth ot though especially if you like vaping profiles with fruits

4 Likes

I’ve tried cactus , lemon and malic acid. They make the flavours pop but some still fade quite quickly . I have a game changer on order so steeping isn’t an issue that’s why I asked you in the other thread if it had the same speed process using natural flavours. What MF flavours can you recommend to start leaning with ?

3 Likes

I haven’t tried NF Espresso, but I have used their Kona Cream. The Kona is really good, 0.25-1% I can guess that the Espresso is in it, and probably is good, and probably very potent. MF Coffee is a good’n, too.

With straight Coffee extracts, start with 1 drop/30ml, let it steep a few days and see how it’s doing. You can always add another drop[Edit: or dilute with unflavored base], but they can get burnt real quick the higher you go.

4 Likes

I would go to River Supply and get what they have in clearance …Ill look to see whats available but you can’t go wrong with

Blueberry
Lemon
Wild Raspberry
Green Apple
Strawberry ( not very potent , but a well rounded SB )
Honeydew

Are you only thinking fruits ???

2 Likes

I’m in the u.k so will see if I can find a vendor here. Mainly fruits, and maybe their Caramel and butterscotch

3 Likes

Ya for the Caramel , Butterscotch and Dark Choco…You might be able to get a bunch of fruit flaves at half price at River Supply and since they are half price the saving will offset shipping

3 Likes

Ok thanks for tip. Will be asking for some advice when I order some and they arrive :smiley:

3 Likes

Are they discontinuing the line there?

4 Likes