[REQ] A Kiss Goodnight - Kai's Virgin Vapors

Yep, this is the one. It is exactly what you described @CAAB.

In reference to the price… in this recipe, now 12 days steeped, the Dark Chocolate is actually a bit high. It’s a delicious bar of Dark Chocolate, but only getting a tiny hint of the Strawberry I wanted. I’m going to adjust the DC down to 0.4% and boost the SB % just a touch. The Choc is hiding what should be a full SB vibe. That’s how potent it is.

3 Likes

Regarding this, I looked into buying it, but I wasn’t sure which vendor to use or even what type, it seems this company has different types of sweetener.

Another thing I wasn’t sure about. What is in the sweetener? I like to avoid artificial and steer towards ingredients with the least potential harmful effects on health if possible. That said, I want it to actually work and not taste weird.

I am not all that familiar with sweetener. I am also aware I am opening up a can of worms here regarding the health aspect. I’m not trying to say I know anything about it or come off as preaching. Just one man’s uneducated preferences here.

4 Likes

Heres the list of ingredients

I’ll give ya the short list…
Sucralose
Stevia
Erythritol
EM
Citric Acid

4 Likes

Search for Ozo Stevia Stone. Your safety concerns are good, go with what makes you feel most confident. If this stone doesn’t satisfy your concerns, you can play it the safest and just dont use any sweetener. It’s not mandatory in the quest for greatness of flavor as a mixer.

4 Likes

There was another company similar the kai’s vv called Open Source. They shut down and shared their recipes years ago. Here’s a link to Anonymiss who copied them for posterity:

Good luck. Ive tried mf plum and is absolutely the same profile as kai’s plum crazy.

Also, someone in this thread had sb rfsc in a recipe, is that still available anywhere? I just ran out, its my fav sb

4 Likes

Canada! This company bought the recipes for the entire RFSC line.

I don’t know if they’ve started making fresh batches, but I’m pretty sure you can trust them not to sell product that doesn’t meet fresh standards.

They had cheap shipping to the US, last I checked, and were friendly for a chat or email if you have questions.

When I had a chat with them about a year ago, they were talking about cutting some flavors from the line, assuming lack of popularity, only keeping true big sellers. They were surprised when i told them some of the items on the cut list were actually popular in this community. So, letting them know what you’re into could help save a flavor!

5 Likes

Thanks so much! Ive panicking as my sb rfsc has started running out, didnt think it was gonna be possible to get it again. I’ll def check that spot out. Appreciated.

4 Likes

I purchased a number of flavors from DIYVS of Nature’s Flavors extracts. It’s been a learning experience, lol.

First thing I observed is that my scale is not that great for small quantities. I tried blending in 15ml batches. I started by adding the flavors, but the scale was not registering the minute quantities. I am probably going to get a new scale at some point, but I found that if I add PG or VG first and then add flavors without tare, the scale registers the small variation in weight.

I think I was getting around 6 drops as 1% for 15ml. I might just work by drops for now for 15ml batches. In any case, I found with most extracts 6 drops wasn’t enough.

The next thing I observed was that the NF chocolate from DIYVS should not have been refrigerated. It formed dark particulates during refrigeration that no amount of heating or mixing can get rid of. It seems to kill my coil as well.

Has anyone found that their chocolate extracts form solids?

In any case, I think I have to work through the basics for a little while longer, then I plan on branching out to MF and maybe going NF website direct.

4 Likes

One disappointment. The NF Marshmallow from DIYVS had a distinct taste, similar to anise with a note of burnt sugar. It sounds like my experience doesn’t reflect what others have experienced. Maybe a bad or old batch. I might try NF website direct for marshmallow.

4 Likes

Glad you’re giving the NF a good try!

Can I see the recipe you tried with the Marshmallow? Or at least what % you tested it at? I get pure authentic Marshmallow flavor every time I use it, and have only purchased that one from diyvs.

If you do go directly through NF, you’ll be getting a 1 ounce or 2 ounce option at the smallest. They don’t do 10 or 15ml sizes, but the product will likely be new stock compared to any reseller.

Dang… I forgot to mention this possibility.
Their regular Chocolate flavor does have what appears to be Cocoa powder remnants in it. The Milk Chocolate and Chocolate Fudge are totally clean.

You can salvage the Chocolate by running it through a coffee filter in a funnel, but you are going to lose a good amount of liquid being soaked up into the filter. I tossed mine, but had the MC and CF to use still. Stay low on those, 0.5-1% max.

5 Likes

I’m sitting at my mixing station right now. This is going to be a fun test. I’m going to mix a Chocolate Marshmallow and see what happens. I usually use MF Dark Chocolate for everything if I ever need that profile. This is just for fun, I’ll let you know if it turns out good.

Milk Chocolate NF 0.5%
Chocolate Fudge NF 0.5%
Marshmallow NF 1.0%
Sweetness FLV 0.5%

Wish me luck! :grin:

5 Likes

Also, @CAAB ,how long did you let the MM steep?

3 Likes

Starting out, I am creating single flavor eliquids. For most, including marshmallow, I started out at 1%, although I might be wrong about that, my scale was having trouble. Basically 6 drops flavor per 15ml.

As for the base, it’s 50/50, 0mg nic.

I let the MM steep somewhere over a month.

I think I am going to try MF chocolate next. Is that clean, even if refrigerated? Is it a coil killer?

Yeah, all the sudden MF doesn’t look so expensive when you order NF direct. I think I’m just going to start small though and branch out.

BTW, I did get sweetener from DIYVS, but haven’t found a need for it yet. So far everything has had a natural sweetness that has been pleasant enough. Although perhaps it is like adding salt to food in that the sweetener draws out flavor. I will definitely give it a try.

4 Likes