[REQ] Banana Nut by Element

I’ve been mixing on and off for years and stopped due to injuries and hospital time but I’m back in the game as of 11 months ago. Never posted before (strange I know) so try not to bite my beautiful head off.

Banana Nut. I thought I was over this. We broke up years ago because she was brutal to my coils (cotton change every 36 hours) and always stank my house out.

Then I saw her. After 4 years she looked just as gorgeous. I’m hooked again… but I can’t seem to clone the damn thing.

There’s something about this flavour that has a very creamy nut but is more subtle on the banana side. TFA banana nut bread brings way too much of a cinnamon flavour to the mix. I’ve tried it low and high but I can always taste a hint of that bright flavour. Elements banana nut has a darker flavour to it (and a tonne of sweetener). I’m also using TFA hazelnut and some acetyl pyrazine. I added a little premium custard by FA for the creamyness but it just wasn’t right. Capella’s vanilla custard brings too much vanilla.

Anyway, I’m willing to purchase any flavours necessary to nail this and as much as I would prefer a diacetyl free version, at this point I don’t really care.

Help is much appreciated.

6 Likes

Glad you’ve decided to post. Just wondering, have you tried banana cream tfa or lorann?

3 Likes

I only found 1 recipe for it

element banana nut

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 1.70
Banana Nut Bread (TPA) 15.00

Flavor total: 16.7%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

I have tried TFA Banana Cream but only the DX version which I find quite scratchy on the throat. Moliberry’s Soft Banana is closer and also TFA’s ripe banana.

I also mixed that exact recipe and the cinnamon flavour from the Banana Nut Bread seemed to burst right through.

I’m trying to think in terms of age as well - what flavourings did Element have at their disposal at the time. Problem is, I also heard a rumour that Element creates their own flavourings (that could be nonsense though).

Thanks for the reply. I should have used this forum sooner!

5 Likes

I’m going to have to try to put something together on this. I can’t do cinnamon. Maybe some banana flv 1% Sugar Cookie Cap at 3% Walnut FA 1% Vanilla cupcake Cap 2% with eggnog Flv 1% hmm my fave vanilla pudding at 1.4% to sweeten it up? I’ll see what it mixes like LOL

4 Likes

I have tried it with sugar cookie and it still tastes too bright. Elements version has a dark caramel flavour to it and a slight bready undertone as my wick gets dry - 3rd pull after dripping.

I’m currently waiting for a TFA Banana Nut Bread, Super Sweet CAP, FA Caramel and VTA’s AP mix to steep a little longer. I’m hoping that the AP and Caramel get rid of the cinnamon type flavour from the BNB at least a little before I head down the whole caramel/butterscotch/molasses rabbit hole.

I’ve thought about adding 0.5% of a coffee bean flavour to darken the taste but I’m always worried about any coffee type flavours - they have a tendency to bring a horrible tarmac taste to the party. And who the ef likes that?

I’m using two Haku Vennas at 40 watts (with a 2X30AWG alien that I make in both). Flavour pops so I have a decent way to go back and forth between mine and Elements. FA’s premium custard brings a lovely thickness to it without the vanilla so I think I may make my own ‘diacetyl deliciousness’ version… if I can get the damn flavour right. It’s been a while since I had juice tunnel vision like this - it’s like nothing else matters except getting this right.

5 Likes

Acetyl Pyrazine 6% (VTA) @ 1.7%
Banana But Bread (TFA) @ 12%
Carmel (FA) @ 2%
Hazelnut (TFA) @ 1.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) @ 0.6%

This is what I have so far and it seems promising but honestly I’ve vaped so many damn iterations of this now, it’s beginning to all taste the same.

CAP’s vanilla custard is a no go. FA’s premium is in the mix in another tester which is rather delicious.

5 Likes