[REQ] Charlie's Custard

I’ll try to find that thread again soon and link it for ya.

3 Likes

Man I am really hoping I have made the right call on brands with my flavors. it would be pure luck as I did not take that into account when putting my First Big DIY Order together…

Are you guys able to commit to a certain brand for use in everything or is it a necessary evil to have a couple different brands of the same flavor? This is a tough area to work out as it is subject to individual tastes…tough for me anyway. I am still just trying to hone my skills at identifying what taste is what. Since quitting smoking my buds are back for sure, but a lot of my own juices just end up tasting like sweet creamy fruity…lol.

1 Like

Not necessary, but more along the lines of finding the right one that suits your taste buds. I purchased every “Irish Cream” there was before I found the one which tastes right to me. :pensive: Capella Irish cream, by the way. :grinning:

1 Like

OK…but in specific recipes that call for TFA Irish and it in fact DOES mix better with another TFA flavor in this case let’s say
…what do you do?

My concern is in the second layer, so to speak, where certain flavors combine better as opposed to tasting better singularly. Am I making sense? I am having trouble articulating today…

Rough nite last nite…:smiling_imp:

1 Like

I did the same thing, made an attempt to boost the SB a bit then added another flavor and once I did it changed the whole taste of the juice (using Sweet, Ripe, and Shisha SB and .5% TPA Raspberry). I thought the small amount of Raspberry would make the SB more pronounced but instead it’s made the whole juice into a nice creamy Raspberry, kinda strange since I have a total of 10% of SB… and I’m a person that normally doesn’t like Raspberry, but it is a nice juice I will most like make again.

1 Like

Here in lies the rub of DIY mixing. I may totally hate the flavor of TFA Irish cream, but really like the sound of a recipe which has that concentrate included. I’ll use the original recipe as a “serving suggestion” and create my own mix with flavors which I know I like and will blend together nicely.

I don’t think I’ve ever mixed another mixers recipe with the exact concentrates they’ve used or percentages they’ve suggested. I’m kind of a “do it my way” mixer. The original recipes, for me, has always been more of a guide line; the recipe is set in stone for them, but not for me. :wink:

3 Likes

I see that true up to the point until you make the recipe something you consider how it should be… then what you said is what the next person is saying about you… g

2 Likes

Ok. Received my Charlie’s Custard this afternoon.
It shows on the label it was 'born: 12-4-15

I have to say, at first drip… I’m not as impressed as I thought I would be.
To me, it seems to have a lot of cheesecake in it. I taste some vanilla,
some custard, but no graham or bakery, nor pie crust of any kind. It’s not sweet, but
it does have an aged ‘rich’ taste.

I’ll put a new coil on tonight or tomorrow and vape more to see if my
mind changes on it.

2 Likes

I have cap custard v1 and v2 and a few cap flavors. Would be glad to mix and test to help. I am not a master mixer but the flavors being described I have. Post recipe and will be glad to mix.

2 Likes

Just gonna through some on the Charlies Custard quest:
If you are looking for a Cap vanilla, simply vanilla is a strong CAP vanilla. Also, CAP VC2 is actually pretty good, you just gotta let it steep 6 was minimum. …and of course CAP makes a pretty good cheesecake and a really good cake batter.
I mean for real, you have the start of an excellent recipe:
VC2 6%
Simply Vanilla 2-3%
Cake batter 2-3%
New York cheesecake 2-4%

Anybody wanna contribute to this recipe?

5 Likes

Haha… having a recipe is the issue dear @Chuck6 :slight_smile:

I purchased the Charlie’s Custard so I can help @Kinnikinnick develop
a recipe. :slight_smile:

If you’ve vaped this particular ejuice, please let us know your thoughts
about the flavor profile.

1 Like

Jump in! The more the merrier. :grinning:

Maybe that’s the “cake batter” flavor I’m getting from the mix. Your fresh bottle of juice probably tastes way different from the well steeped leftovers I drained from 30 used bottles. I might wind up having to purchase a fresh bottle myself to check out the differences/similarities. :thinking:

2 Likes

Agree with that. The one I recieved today isn’t 23/77, although
it is labeled that way. It’s way too thin. I mix a lot of 25/75
and this is quite thinner than my 25/75 mixes.

2 Likes

'born: 12-4-15

1 Like

This could be indicative of the brand/supplier of VG they’re using???

2 Likes

Sorry haven’t tried it or ever seen it.

1 Like

Ok. I’ve mixed a couple of mixes based on what I’m tasting.
After I get some VC2, I’ll mix more. Gotta just be patient and let
this all cure in the cabinet, but I’ll definitely be back with my
thoughts later.
Here are my 2 starter tests:

Charlie’s Custard (v1)

3.5% New York Cheesecake (CAP)
2% Sugar Cookie (CAP)
5% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

Flavor total: 10.5%

Charlie’s Custard (v2)

2% Cake Batter (CAP)

Flavor total: 10.5%

Charlie’s Custard (v3)

2% Cake Batter (CAP)
3% Vanilla Cupcake v2 (CAP)

Flavor total: 13.5%

Definitely will make up 3 new batches replacing the VCv1 with VCv2 and changing nothing else, when I get some of that V2.

5 Likes

Isn’t palm VG thinner than other VG?

1 Like

I was wondering about this the other day while pondering the “Vegetable” part of “Vegetable Glycerine”.

What are the main plant matter in VG? Or is it a random thing? I could see where if they ever made it out of certain strong plants it could potentially affect the characteristics of a flavor…drastically with some plant matter I have in my mind. I can only asume they don’t mess with the oil veggies (Olive, Canola).

1 Like

Hmmm… dunno. I use Essential Depot’s VG and PG. The VG is soy derived, not palm.

2 Likes