[REQ] Charlie's Custard

Anyone? I have a buddy up north that’s hooked on the stuff and is still having to pay for this juice. I’ve looked around the innerwebs and have found nothing for a clone. I’m not a custard guy, but I told him I’d do what I could to clone this juice.

@Ken_O_Where …you got any ideas or leads?

http://charlienoble.com/products/charlies-custard

4 Likes

I have a friend that loves that stuff too and I’d love to replicate, but never had any.
So, I just ordered 15ml to test with.
Let me know if you find a recipe as I’ll be working on it too.

4 Likes

Cant say that i have tried it but i would assume that they use a diketones free custard, which makes me sad.

4 Likes

Hehe… Drained all of the Charlie’s Custard bottles and wound up with 20ml of very steeped juice with which to work in defining the flavor profile of this custard. Hopefully, I won’t vape it all first! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

What do you think of it? I’d love to know as much about the profile as you can describe.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I was on a custard riff, however, I feel like there’s Cap VC and a ? cake batter for starters. Haven’t put it on a dripper yet; finger taste only so far.

The mix is 23PG/77VG. However, this juice is super fluid; I would expect a high VG juice to be a bit thicker than what I’m seeing.

For the record, the Nic content of my 20ml is probably somewhere around 4mg; it was a mixed bag of of 3mg and 6mg leftovers.

3 Likes

Someone said on ecf he has it on good authority that Charlie’s only uses CAP flavors. That could help.

4 Likes

If that is the case i would start with VC V2, i doubt any large vendors are using VC V1 anymore. Perhaps 5-6%, this is a guess based on what i have read from others, it will require a bit more curing time than VC V1 as well.

Maybe they use Graham (CAP) for their pie crust base?

3 Likes

Not sure if this would help any, if at all, but he had lab results link on his page for it, maybe give an idea of how much of certain flavors or which ones he definitely didnt use maybe some help? idk. just throwin it out there incase it does help lol
Charlies Custard Test Results

4 Likes

I don’t have the Cap VC2, but I whipped up a 5ml batch using the Cap VC1 with a few other goodies tonight; after a speed steep session, did a quick dripper full and I can almost say for certain Charlie’s Custard flavor fits the profile of Capella VC. :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, based on those test results, they are definitely NOT using CAP VC1. Guess I need to make
an order. Never used V2 before either.

And I am guessing I’ll need Graham Cracker v2 also.

2 Likes

I am struggling to recreate something that I think might be similar (hence I popped in here). It is called “Space Milk” from a local vape store www.vaporrocket.com and it is fabulous. I was told by an employee I became friends with that is was basically a strawberry and custard. It has that super rich, back of the throat heavy taste. Smells and tastes just amazing. Like people stop me and ask what it is, kind of amazing.

Is that the Custard that gives that full body/richness? I had been using sweet cream with all kinds of variations and wasn’t even getting close. I just did another order from WizLabs and Custard was in there front and center. If that is it, apparently I am a custard guy and I will just play with flavors combined with it up and down.

2 Likes

It sounds like a unicorn milk/mother’s milk type recipe. You might try using one of those to start from.

2 Likes

Sounds like you might just be a ‘custard guy’ to me! :slight_smile:
On second thought, JoJo is right. You are more of the creamy/milky guy probably.
There are a ton of ‘Unicorn Milk’ clone recipes on ELR. Made one myself.

I’m a nutty AND custardy girl. Those are my two most favorite profiles.
I"m looking forward to replicating Charlie’s Custard.

3 Likes

thanks Alisa and Jojo…I think you may be right and I just HAPPEN to have every ingredient for uni milk in my stash!! happy dance

I am thinking I am a nutty, custardy guy…not sure I should tell people that tho :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

wow. I clicked on the ‘adapted from this recipe’ link in your recipe and…

holy shit

that was some argument that ensued with Cuttspy and…well…a ton of others. I had to stop after I scanned down to like the 200th response…lol

2 Likes

Never tried the stuff myself but this reviewer goes on and on about how it’s definitely custard with a LOT of vanilla
the baked crust is a slight undertone only he doesn’t get much of it.

My thoughts (and again never tried it) Vanilla Custard V2 cap with Vanilla Tahiti (or other strong vanilla to make it prominent? Then of course whatever light base for your crust… Graham cracker clear? Cookie? Biscuit? LOL

3 Likes

From all I’ve read though, it has to be all CAP flavorings.

3 Likes

My vanilla’s are FA so no clue on the caps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting that you’ve read things that point to Cap flavors; must be deep in Reddit somewhere, 'cause I can’t seem to find anything definitive on anyone even working on a clone of Charlie’s custard. I’ve found things on some of the other C Noble juices being cloned; very mixed range on the concentrate choices used to do so.

Gonna have to do some reading on the differences between the Cap VC V1 & V2 flavor profiles. :thinking:

3 Likes