[REQ] Doughnut pounder

I have heard such good things about doughnut pounder I am looking for a recipe. any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

Who makes it?

I have no idea what it’s like, but as far as doughnuts go, this one gets high marks and lots of attention: http://tjek.nu/r/1wJF

2 Likes

I was very unimpressed with it. Still got like 3/4 bottle I bought in the spring. My bet is there are much better donut recipes here.

2 Likes

I have too agree sir!

I wasn’t liking it one bit… And the Mrs hated it!! But… I didn’t have joy so it wasn’t complete.

This one is much better imho:

1 Like

Good to know. It seems to be one of those mixes that people either love or hate. I don’t think I’d love it, so I’ve not even tried. I got Cap’s glazed doughnut and so far it just tastes like plastic to me. I’m an old fashioned doughnut kinda person anyway…be better off with cake I think. :smile:

2 Likes

I couldn’t remember so I dug out the bottle.

1 Like

Donut Pounders main profile is actually Belgium Waffle. I have been working on this and as far as i can tell there is Belgium Waffle at about 8% Cap Glazed donut at about 2-3% then cinnamon at about 1 percent and maple syrup. That is what i taste and what I’m working with. Just trying to nail down the percentages. As stated, BW is the main flavor but Maple Syrup is right up there with it. The glazed donut gives the yeast flavor and there is a hint of cinnamon on the back end just for body.

1 Like

hmm if there is cinnamon in there I’m wondering if Frosted Donut is it because I always get a cinnamon note when I use it.

1 Like

You may like this JoJo http://tjek.nu/r/3JYE

2 Likes

That looks really tasty. I’m missing a bunch of those flavors, but I hearted it so I can make it when I get them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Epiclouds Doughnut Pounder

4 Likes

Well this looks very promising. I was thinking like 3% blueberry jam and 7% sweet strawberry and up the glazed donut just a smig :scream::scream::scream:. What ya think ??

1 Like

That looks like it would be spot on. I cant place the flavors on my own but seeing those written it looks like a perfect clone. Im buying what i dont have today and mixing this next week for sure. Ill update and let yall know how it tastes. I love this juice with my evening beer and want to make a big giant batch if its good. Thanks for that link! You da man!

1 Like