[REQ] Green Ape by Nasty Juice

Anyone ever attempted to clone this apple juice? I had several attempts mixing Fuji apple, Koolada, Sweetener (also tried adding tiny bit of Strawberry ripe and Juicy peach for good mouth-feel and rounding out the flavour), however, not been very successful, as I’m yet just a noob in all this diy. Any help will be much appreciated!

Description from the product link below: “Experience the goodness from this mild yet flavourful apple e-juice. The just right of the sweetness and a little hint of tanginess of an apple that you used to eat best describes how real the taste of this flavour. Take a ‘bite’ of an apple with Nasty Juice!”

Curious, did Fuji seem like it was the apple that was used?

1 Like

At first yes, but the more I tried the more I got convinced that it’s another type of apple. The original juice feels just like biting fresh green sweet apple, with a little hint of tanginess and mint.

1 Like

It might be a combo using a good bit of Fuji for sweetness and juicy texture.

Check out wrecka flavors on chefs. I know cush man by nasty juice is 3 wrecka flavors. There’s a clone for it on elr.

Thanks for the suggestion (which I was ignoring due to my stubbornness). All this time on and off I was playing with Fuji and Green apple flavours, with no real progress. Ordered Wrecka Sparkling Apple last week, and I think this is the real apple base flavour used in this recipe! S&V it at 1% and 2% just to try and understand it, I have a good feeling, just need to get it jucier, mintier, colder and apple-ier. Ordered more ingredients, will continue to work on this.

2 Likes

if you need an arctic blast, try ws-23 instead of koolada.
https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/additives/5091-ws-23.html

1 Like

So I’ve been thinking about this WS23, when do you actually use it? Does it make the juice feel much colder than if Koolada is used? The original Green Ape is cold-ish, but definitely not too cold.

1 Like

ws-23 is a type of “koolada”, you may want to read up on it a bit. use it with care, it goes from cool to brainfreeze pretty quick

1 Like

The strength of ws23 is actually what I like over e.g. TPA Koolada. You just need a tiny bit for a nice cooling effect, which means you have less of a menthol flavor and less muting going on. You can start off with a few drops in a 30ml and build up from there to taste.
YMMV, but it’s a cheap addition and will last you a very long time since it’s used in very low %.
Personally, I only use it in certain vapes on a hot summer day, so this 30ml bottle may last me a decade.

2 Likes
1 Like

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Maybe the tangy notes you are getting is from Japanese aloe Vera wrecka? Or maybe sparkling orange?

When I made the Cushman clone yesterday I added 3 drops of ws23 to a 30ml. It seems like it’s getting closer. I also tried cap super sweet this time instead of flv sweetness. I think this might be helping it as well.

1 Like

I’ll try playing around with Koolada first, but adding the WS-23 to my shopping list, thanks!

2 Likes

Have tried this, nice vape but far far away from Green Ape :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thanks again for these suggestions, my shopping list just keeps growing.

1 Like

No problem. Believe me I understand. Unfortunately the time to do single flavor testing is less than the new flavors that I want :smile:

1 Like

Did you ever succeed in making a clone of green ape was the sparkling apple the right Apple?

I wish it was that easy. Still playing around with it. Think the Sparkling Apple is the right one, but it need to be a bit more intense. If I add more of it, it pushes out the floral notes. If I try adding other apple flavours, again floral notes come out. In the end I will come up with another apple recipe that I like and the Green Ape will remain a mystery to me :grin:

2 Likes

Green ape has bubblegum in it also I’ve seen a apple candy concentrate have you tried that

Hmm, interesting, why do you think / how do you know there’s bubblegum in it? Never tried apple candy either…