[REQ] Hooked by Sapphire Vapor

This has been one of my favorite ADV’s. It’s a blend of traditional tobacco and lite creams. “Traditional tobacco”, could that mean something like an RY4? What does everyone think about “a blend of lite creams”? I’m very new to this and honestly don’t know where to start.

Might try a regular marlboro-type tobacco with maybe some vienna cream? Not sure what ‘Hooked’ tastes like though. @Jimk might be able to help!

1 Like

I’ll do some research on Hooked and see what it’s about. I’ve never tried it, but that doesn’t mean we can’t get close to a clone. I’m up for a challenge. ; )

4 Likes

oh man! That would be super, if it was even 75% of the way there, but still tasted good, I’d be thrilled. Not looking for anything spot on. I would send someone a serious bottle of wine (or whatever) in return, as this would most def save me in the long run.

1 Like

This could mean any number of things! Virginia, Burley, Kentucky or any host of Americanized tobacco forms.

I did a bit of searching last night and could find absolutely no reviews on this liquid. I will tell you, “M-type” (Marlboro) tobacco DIY liquids are quite floral and not an easy liquid to handle, taste wise. If I was looking to pin down the tobacco used in my favorite liquid, you might start with a flue cured flavor of some type. Or, I would just recommend FA seven leaves to start. This is an awesome all around blend of tobaccos. But, if you want to branch out, get a few flavors and see which one hits the mark. That’s what I have done over the years and enjoyed just about every one of them; broadened my horizons and increased my appreciation of different types of tobaccos.

1 Like

@Jimk … I finally bought some FA Glory and tried it out. Really nice, light and smooth. Slight nutty or honey tobacco flavor to me. Thanks for the recommendation.

2 Likes

Just double checked the description, which says "a blend that combines the traditional tobacco flavor with lite creams. Sounds like they are suggesting that it’s a single tobacco flavor mixed with more than one cream flavor. My point is, it’s not a blend of several tobaccos. Wonder what they mean by traditional tobacco flavor? Is there one that is considered the gold standard?

I will still check out Seven Leaves. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

This could very well be the case. I didn’t explain my meaning very well (sorry about that), but what I meant to say is that traditional American tobaccos “can be a blend” of different tobaccos to create a single flavor. I won’t send you to Wikipedia for the super long version of tobacco types, but this link below is helpful perhaps in determining what tobacco might be in the “Hooked” you desire.

I have tried cloning a few tobacco recipes and when it comes down to it, research, trial and error and buying lots of tobacco flavors with which to experiment is how I got as close as possible.

Don’t lose hope in your journey, rather try out a few different tobacco types and see if how close you can get to the tobacco in your favorite juice. Enjoy the journey! ; )

2 Likes

I like it as well! Glad you do. Very reminiscent of my first DK 555 about 2 1/2 years ago. I was thinking about throwing in some FLV peanut butter and coconut (maybe a little FA Cocoa) to a mix with the FA Glory. We have a long weekend coming up; it’s mix-30!

1 Like