[REQ] Kilo watermelon sours HELP

My wife will only vape kilo watermelon sours. Formerly known as bazooka sour straws. I would like to be able to make it. I’m new to diy mixing. I’ve only made one recipe that I found. It was delicious but didn’t taste like the kilo liquid so she doesn’t really like it. It had more of a creamy taste. Could anyone help me find a better recipe or help me tweak this one to be closer to the kilo taste.

The recipe I tried is:

1. Greek Yogurt 3%
  2. Super Sweet 0.6%
  3. Sweet Strawberry 3%
  4. Watermelon 5%

This recipe is delicious btw! It’s a very light creamy taste with a great mellow watermelon taste. It’s awesome! She is just super picky! Thanks guys!

5 Likes

You could try to lower the yogurt, reducing the “creamy”.
Pineapple or lemon does wonders for a spike but keep either down low, and depending on manufacture.
I’d say start either at .2% and work up.

For a more sour effect, try citric acid. It will help pop your fruits too.

4 Likes

I made the recipe without the yogurt. Just to see what it was like. It still isn’t nowhere near the kilo liquid. It’s more of a sweet candy taste. I will definitely try the citric acid. Which brand or flavor do you recommend for citric acid?

4 Likes

Ok thanks! Which brand or flavor do you recommend for citric acid? I will order now.

4 Likes

It would be helpful to people if you list the brands of the flavorings you used

4 Likes

Original recipe I followed

5 Likes

You can pick that up at any walmart, or order online. ebay amazon or any health food site/store.

4 Likes

I agree with reducing the yogurt just a touch. From there you could try a different strawberry or combo of them. Like fa and ripe strawberry tpa.

If you want to go around and try a different watermelon to not necessarily clone but fit in the profile try yellow watermelon sc wf…that my new fav. So much so I just picked up 4ozs lol.

The issue is chasing a clone is just that. Chasing and is a long process. Trying some new maybe better and more fun. And better results in the short run.

6 Likes

@Kwfranklin88 Sending you a warm welcome

2 Likes
3 Likes

I need to pick that one up. Do you have a recipe you prefer for the yellow watermelon?

1 Like

That sounds more like what I’m after. I will definitely try it! I’m gonna order the flavors today. Thank you!

4 Likes

This is based in the recipe posted by the home brewer group. And thinking about ditching sweet strawberry cap since the flavor isn’t for me.

Straw shush inw 1.5
Straw ripe tpa 4
Sweet straw cap 4
Yellow watermelon sc wf 2
Watermelon fa 2
Cucumber fa 1 drop per 15mls
super sweet cap to taste.

And this is the other one I’ve been playing with.
Yellow watermelon sc wf 2
27 fish silver line cap
Vanilla bean ic fw 1.5
Watermelon fa 2

3 Likes

I like the looks of both of them but mostly the first. I don’t work with strawberry very often, except to add juiciness or to enhance something else which I suppose is the point in the first recipe but there is an awful lot of strawberry even if you drop the ss cap it still seems like a lot but like I said, I don’t work with Strawberry very often so I assume I am wrong.

1 Like

I agree which is partly why I think the cap strawberry could probably be removed…but I try to still somewhat close to the original intent of the mixer.

2 Likes

I just finished vaping my last batch called ez duzit man handled. I made a 30ml. Mix 5/2 and finished vaping it a couple days ago.

Straw fa 1.75
Straw ripe tpa 3.5
Lemon inw 1 drop per 30ml. (If you use mf it would be 1 drop per 45 mls). The lemon is almost not noticeable.
Watermelon yellow sc wf 2.5
Watermelon fa 2
Cucumber fa 2 drops per 30ml.
Super sweet cap to taste…mine would be 3 drops per 30ml.

I remove sweet strawberry cap from my test mixes. This flavor does nothing for me and blind to it.

4 Likes

Which flavour art strawberry did you use?

1 Like

Just the normal/original one. Juicy strawberry has no flavor for me which is sad…but if you like juicy give it a try.

2 Likes

I have juicy strawberry strawberry and red Touch

1 Like

Red touch is the original. Lol. I’m still old school and often only Remember the.

2 Likes