[REQ] looking for a clone version D21

@McDuckie

3 Likes

Of course you can. You will be changing the the taste though. Butter Scotch ripple is a ice cream covered with Butter Scotch so you would be losing a cream if you replaced with a butter Scotch. When you replace flavors be sure you making up the whole flavor.

4 Likes

Of course you can that’s the beauty of DIY you can make it the way you want it. Those were just suggestions.

3 Likes

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner.

4 Likes

Why yes it does! Being so excited by the way it smelled I foolishly over poured it. I never expected it to turn into a mushroom but it did!

3 Likes

Kings Crest Don Juan Reserve? I just did a knuckle test and I’m sure that’s it. I wish to God they would back off on the sweetener. It ruins a beautiful flavor experience for me,

3 Likes

Hey @McDuckie What the heck is Re(4)nu (FW)? I never heard of it. Doesn’t get too many good reviews I see. I’d like to try this, specifically because it won’t have gobs of sweetener in it. I won’t go over 0.50% or might leave it out.

I also don’t have S’mores (FW) but I have S’mores Cupcake (SC) (WF). FW gets a lousy rating compared to WF and I don’t have a choice anyway so that’s what I’m going to use.

3 Likes

@muth you can leave it out it’s FW version of an RY4 I usually use FJ Ry4 double. That’s kool with the WF S’mores or FLV S’more, it adds the slight chocolate and graham note that some people get from Don Juan Reserve. I was just trying to be as accurate to the original as I could.

4 Likes

I think in the OG they used an Ethyl Maltol because the OG has that muted flavor to it.

4 Likes

I have plenty of RY4s to choose from. I do have FJ Ry4 so I may as well use it. 1.00% won’t make a difference, anyhoo.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t know anything about that.

3 Likes

Happy New Year everyone, let’s grow the premium e-liquid ideology from the kitchen. Kkk

5 Likes

I made a test sample with 10ml, and steeped it, hoping it would give the same flavor as I wanted. A few thoughts on using the original: first of all, the scent: they resemble butter candy, sweet and soft. When vaped they are like a cream, softer to the smell, and when exhaled there is something a bit like nut butter, maybe butter pecan, hazelnut or almond?

3 Likes

DIY deodorant: (looks pretty simple)

3 Likes

Speaking of King’s Crest, I found this in my recipe travels. Read Wayne’s notes.

4 Likes

I remember mixing that recipe up it was fairly good. I just didn’t understand why he felt it was like Kings Crest Duchess which is modeled after a Tres Leches Cake. I mean I did get a very slight nutty maple note from that one though it’s more of a cake/ frosting profile.

4 Likes

Well, there goes the old subjective taste again. I suppose the only thing that matters is whether you like something or not. I’ve come to that place where I don’t care what it’s called as long as I like the flavor.

7 Likes

That’s very true and you are correct it doesn’t matter what the recipe is supposed to be just as long as the person vaping it thinks that it’s good.

7 Likes

The test sample still hasn’t achieved the effect I want…its base flavor could be Praline & Cream (I feel a rich and fragrant creamy flavor), salted caramel buttered, but the accompanying flavor follow :thinking:

2 Likes

@McDuckie I have a commercial juice from 2012 that I’d like to get close to a clone. If I sent you some would you be willing to share your thoughts with me? It’s hard to find now so I can only send about 5 MLS. Would that work for you?

2 Likes