[REQ] Tom Klark "Christmas"

Hi all,

“Christmas” from Tom Klark (a small E-Juice producer in Berlin, Germany) recently caught my interest, and I’d love to re-create it.

It is a seasonal liquid and sold in VG70/PG30 base. It certainly contains cinnamon flavor, but that’s not all of it and I really have no idea what that may be. Possibly some typical Christmas flavors, but all in all it’s very mild.

So just in case somebody already came across it and created a recipe for it, I’d love to hear about it.

3 Likes

Site description in case anybody has any ideas:

https://www.tomklark.com/en/shop/183/tom-klark-s-christmas?c=38

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@DrTron trying to clone a German recipe could be a tall order! Like having 56 ingredients … and maybe some deer antler …Ok Ok Jägermeister jokes aside, it’s likely very simple. Check out Holiday Spice (TPA) by clicking the link and then reading “Recipes” underneath by clicking this link. Sounds pretty complex (Lolly’s description above) but I bet you just might find an alternative you also like even better, searching recipes here on ELR

Here’s one I found under the Recipe link I posted above …sounds kinda close

3 Likes

@BoDarc Thanks for the info, I certainly realize that this liquid is not very common around the world and I obviously don’t expect anyone to have recreated it without liking it first.
I think the main flavor here is cinnamon, rather than nutmeg, which Holiday Spice mostly seems to be. There are almost certainly very similar recipes already here, I just have to find the right one. I guess I’ll start with cinnamon flavor by several brands and work my way through.

1 Like

not sure if this is close to what u looking for but whipped it up for unknown reason. The cinnamon is subtle but only after 15 day steep and test, i made more.

2 Likes

I perhaps made the mistake of trying to translate the Manufacturers description too literally. It’s been stated frequently that they may try to mislead DIYers with their descriptions (mulled wine?) Add some Gingerbread (Flavorah?) and Biscuit (INW) for the bakery to Fiona’s Mum’s Custard …starting to sound good

My mind cannot let this one go…
Bitter Sweet Sour? German flavour profile? Cinnamon Spice (TPA) check. Mulled Wine? That’s Cinnamon Cloves and dried Orange Peel …Bergamot? Sour? Dulche De Leche has several food acids and a creamy caramel sweet …Dulce de Leche? check but maybe @ 1%? German profile? Marzipan (FA) @ 0.50% might provide sweetness and bitter. BTW my family celebrates a slightly Germanic Christmas (Oh! lebkuchen cookies [Gingerbread])

Looking at this Lebkuchen recipe i might tip back over to the Holiday Spice (TPA) …the “Wine” reference could be a rum or other liquor adding a slight alcohol nose

You know how those descriptions always exaggerate.
My bet is against Dulche de Leche, there’s no cream flavor in there. Gingerbread sounds likely, and probably a dash of nutmeg, TPA Holiday Spice is a good idea. Sadly it’s sold out at any of the usual suspects aka shops I know.

1 Like