[REQ] White King - Checkmate Series by Dampflion

that’s a lot of layering! if that’s just for the fresh note i can only imagine how sophisticated the other, more prominant, notes should be… my poor little stash ain’t no where near up to par

5 Likes

There are different brands for sour and the flavor supports quite nicely the tartness in grape with one of its ingredients.

I made a grape and starfruit mix which went only out nice after I added sour.

6 Likes

I also only mix with Flavorah…

being I have never tried your juice…

If I was to make my version… it’d look like this

.8% Grape
.6% Tangerine
.4% Wild melon
. 2% Dragon fruit
. 2% ice
. 2% cool menthol
. 2%spearmint
. 2% peppermint

I’d let it sit for a day or so, and see how it turns out…

I forgot…

. 2% Pucker…

5 Likes

@SteveTC that does sound useful. and interesting mix indeed, quite within my world.

@anon84779643 that’s an impressive improv on something you haven’t tried. thinks it’s the first time i’m really computing biulding the flavour works. curious as to why you haven’t even nominally added the cactus, though… you’re making me seriously regret not having shopped after doing this to figure out the recipe(s) back when chefs still had the sale. very tempting concoction.

4 Likes

This one is the highest I ever went with Cactus, maybe sub the Wild Melon for / or add Grape add some Koolada?

4 Likes

Just looked it up in the flavor enhancer section, it was the malic acid which supported the grape.

4 Likes

It comes down to I only mix with one manufacture. I improvise any which way I can… :wink:

Both dragon fruit and the wild melon are techie a cactus type.

To read up on dragon fruit

and for the African wild melon

Will give you some incite as to what or how to mix with both. Techie… its a stretch to call either a cacti… but they are in the cacti family.

Based on how you were talking on this just, I have the grape and tangerine at a low level, whereas if you really knew the juice, you could adjust those two, or even add more flavors to layer, such as blueberry for the grape, and blood orange, or orange citrus for the tangerine. (Mandarin) is always a citrus combo… and because we all taste things different… only those that have vaped that juice can decide what goes where and how much :slight_smile:

Pucker… is a special additive and one I like to combine with things like smooth vanilla (for a crumbly effect) or candy roll for a plot twist of a sweet tart and tangy mouth feel.

haha!! I am very good at what I do :wink: thanks virm and I wish you lots of luck in playing around and having fun with your flavors… work with what you have… when you feel you are ready for changes then try something outside your box :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Rocky02852 @anon84779643 managed to find a couple written reviews. still haven’t come round to see videos. i gtranslated. quite contradictory statements i’m afraid (in bold)

Conclusion: An all-day liquid for everyone who likes something more exotic. The taste is well rounded, not too sweet, not too penetrating in taste. The cactus and the tangerine playfully fight for the upper hand and a slight grape taste comes along in the finish. It is not too cold for a cold liquid, but I would even like it to be a little less cold in the finish, because then the fruity taste would have more room to develop, which unfortunately suffers a bit. Nevertheless, this mixture of flavors harmonizes tremendously well and is therefore a new all-day.

Taste: Incredibly good! I am absolutely thrilled. First of all, I didn’t notice any difference in the ripening time. Say: immediately steamable! A slight sweetness comes with the inhalation. Tastes a lot like grape. Comparable to the KBoom Fresh Garapenade. The only difference is that it is minimally harsh. When you exhale, you get a wonderful note of mandarin. But be warned! It is an incredibly cool liquid. My neck is shredded in summer! I personally love it, but I also know it’s not for everyone. An absolute all day for me!

Conclusion: super successful liquid: jump: with lots of freshness and rich notes. It won’t get boring, but it won’t be too exhausting to steam. My new all day!

i havent vaped it in a while, savouring my last ±20ml… but i would say the first sounds more like it to me. then again, it does change every now and again. i only recently could tell the grape apart, i’d otherwise describe the three notes as being completely interwoven to make distinctive gestallt… then again, that might simply be the face-level value as perceived by my less-than-nuanced tasting… do thuink i’d be good at this if i had more experience with sft’s and been paying more attention as i do seem to have a knack for balancing ingredients and multiple spices cooking

edit. i will add this, that from the same mixer, my second favourite liquid is called Black Lion+, described as Ginger-Cactus-Menthol-Eucalyptus, this one contains Citrus oil, cinnamon acid-methylester(? translation), Citral, Mint Oil (mentha arvensis etx)… anyway point is that the dominant base note is the same for me as the WHite King in question… ((if you guys want to try your hands at that btw… :slight_smile: ))

3 Likes

You also need to remember, what others taste and describe, you might not.

Solos are very very useful and can make or break a recipe, when Not done right… Find where you start to taste, where you can taste and where it is too much. A few around here, do not believe in solo taste testing, and you will easily see their mixes are often too much, or they can not understand what the flavor is that they are tasting.

Up to you if you dip into the solos… as to make your juice, one would have to buy it and try it… and of course, I might find something different in the mix you might not.

Lots of good luck which ever you decide! :slight_smile: :+1:

4 Likes

There ya go, one says it “cactus / tangerine” top note, the other says “grape” , it’s up to You. As far as Dragon Fruit as @anon84779643 suggests, I use that flavor A lot in citrus and fruit mixes and I would probably use it with the cactus also, but that’s just me.
As @anon84779643 knows, I have a commercial juice I’d like to clone and after 8 months haven’t even gotten close to even starting a mix yet!

4 Likes

It all comes in knowing not just your flavors, but how your flavors play together.
As with anything, Pick the manufacture you enjoy then learn those flavors.
You can choose to layer 15 cactus flavors, or just keep it simple to 1… and so on.

It all depends on what you want to work with and how you do things. Keep notes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Slacker :stuck_out_tongue:

(joking Rocky!!) :rofl:

4 Likes

Personally I’d swap the Grape, White (FA) for mystery flavour by flavour art and 0.25 Sour Lemon - Vape Train

4 Likes

hmm mystery flavour? not finding it on in the flavour list or chefs. trouble you for a link?
and i avoidvape train generally, after all, the whole point of trying to clone this otherwise affordable oneshot is its potentially harmful contents. i assume this is in place of Sour TPA suggestion, curious why and if there;s a third alternative you got in back pocket?

3 Likes

Hi
Rainbowvape.co.uk
Powerful sour CAP
0.25 Sour Lemon - Vape Train
Would pair well with a tangerine and also help to boost the sour
Even try
Sweet and Tart TFA

3 Likes

Code ELR5
Will give you 5% off at rainbow vape
Every little helps

3 Likes

Type in to google mystery flavour flavour west buy online and where ever you are in the world it will find where you can buy it

2 Likes

ah flavour west i found… thought youd said fa. thanks. taken into consideration

3 Likes

there’s a small chance it’s my wicking but it’s all quite cloudy… even my FA fujiapple, White Grape and INW Cactus…does raising the percentage help that? where does the cloudiness come from?

3 Likes

Maybe you want to post a picture of your wicking and you can get some hints on that.

5 Likes