Resin Casting/ Dice Mold

Trying to see if anyone have any experience for resin casting or making dice molds, had a design I’m trying to get made for some dice. thanks in advance

4 Likes

Seen a ton of YouTube vids on it.

4 Likes

trying to comission it out, i didn’t realize the from-scratch materials are like almost $100

4 Likes

Depends on the resin. I think one guy or gal does cheap resin vs expensive resin.

4 Likes

I have no idea, trying to get a 55mm spindown counter in the color scheme hereresinart_grundlagen-1

7 Likes

A person here named mix and hope I think does resin art. Might talk to them.

6 Likes

Yep was just about to say that lol

7 Likes

I just thought about that one, lol.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Just because you come up with link, psshhhh.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping the convo going so the post could be seen :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Resin would be a higher quality and def more Artsy, but you could also make it from colored plastic for almost free. Saw a YT where dude was upscaling some colored bottle caps into other useful projects by melting them together to make blanks. Might work for a proof-of-concept piece to work out any bugs in your primary plan. I think I found it when searching for “welding plastic” on YT. My curiosity is piqued tho.

I’m interested in Bakelite items for resale. It was the first plastic and the company is still in business …it is expensive AF. The website, for me, is a wormhole, and the items made from it over the last century can be spectacularly creative. Now I have to check out Mix’s link above …hey not saying you should make it outta Catalin Bakelite …JS check it

https://www.catalin-bakelite.com/collections/catalin-bakelite-blocks

4 Likes

do a search for Alumilite, DJ… :slight_smile:

watch some vids… resin play is fun…

5 Likes

check smooth on or alumilite

4 Likes