Resources and Tips for Beginning DIY E-liquid

I have done it, remixed the recipe, and did it again. Then I asked daath to bold the Grams column and I hadn’t done it since. But in my drunken stuper the other night I managed to do it again :smiley:

3 Likes

I love trying to fix screwups.

Whoops, overshot the pour on my VG. No problem, I’ll just add 1 ml to the batch size and approximate my mix, cool.

Oh crap, I had Max VG checked… hrm. Ok, let’s add 1% PGA and see if that thins it out enough for a tank…

I’m totally gonna lose my winging it privileges.

6 Likes

my name is jim .im a newbe hear really enjoying the teaching from all of you .i have a question .what is the color graff under the recipes .can i use this in learning something.

1 Like

It is just a visual representations of the percentages in your recipe. Red is nicotine, Orange is PG, Green is VG, and Blue is flavor.

4 Likes

thanks JoJo

3 Likes

Hi watched your YouTube vid last week on weighing the e juice seemed a great idea so went and bought everything I needed I think ha. Anyway just waiting for it to arrive and can’t wait to start mixing. I’m a total nOOb but done a lot of research and am looking forward to it. Oh didn’t realise how many ways there is to steep think I’ll stick to the old fashioned waiting game… And thanx for the vid on YouTube really helped :smile:

3 Likes

Did you get a good understanding of flavors and usage percentages? That’s one mistake I made over and over until I learn to research flavors and how they are used. It can save you money in the long run. Good luck on your venture!

4 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to put this up. I just found you all. This is very helpful.

3 Likes

Mixed my first few flavors and two of the recipes called for tfa cheesecake graham cracker… My problem is I do not care for coconut and even after steeping the coconut flavor is still there. Do all companies cheesecake flavor have coconut in them? Any suggestions for a substitute I could use?
Thank you for helping.

1 Like

Try CAP’s NY Cheesecake, it’s the best I’ve tried and it’s delicious. Easily in my top 5 most used CAP flavors and almost as versatile as marshmallow.

It doesn’t have the graham cracker note but if you would like it in there, I suggest FW Graham Cracker (also a great flavoring) but be careful with it. A lot of FW flavors require 5-10%, their GC isn’t like that, start at 0.25% and work your way up. It can be rather strong if blended with subtle flavors.

6 Likes

Agreed, there’s definitely no coconut flavor in NY Cheesecake (Cap).

Personally, I think it’s kinda gross as a dominant/standalone flavor, but it’s pretty damn good as an accent to some caramel.

5 Likes

This is a perfect example of taste being subjective, because I think Cap NY Cheesecake is a good stand alone flavor. Though I do agree about the caramell

4 Likes

I bought the Liquid Barn starter kit love it!

4 Likes

New York Capella with Carmel. Must remember that. Sounds good. :smile:

1 Like

here’s a good one: http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/235269/The%20Cake%20is%20a%20Lie

1 Like

I’m new too. Still trying to learn my way around this great website & new to mixing my own ejuice.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. really appreciate it…

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but here it goes. How do you submit a shop for inclusion on the resources page? Dashvapes in Canada has started carrying DIY supplies recently, and it would be handy to see it up on the resources page. It’ll be especially useful for those in the GTA - they do a free ship to store option.

1 Like

At the bottom of your “My Recipes/Favorites” page is a feedback form. Send the info there to @daath.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll do that!

1 Like