Restricted airflow atty’s

Nope. Definitely tighter (I have the Wasp Nano). I compare the Nano to the Citadel, Hadaly and Vapefly Pixie: all good RDA’s for flavour testing, but not tight enough to simulate a pod.

3 Likes

That’s good to know, next time I see it on sale I’ll grab one

2 Likes

No problem. Thank you.

3 Likes

I may blow the dust off on mine and trip down memory lane. The post holes are fairly small though so I may need to break out some .28g.

6 Likes

I still have mine…

5 Likes

You can still get the authentic (at a big discount from the OG price)

5 Likes

There was also the Magma Reborn RDTA. Big but great flavor. I don’t have a pic of mine but here’s a google image:

4 Likes

Stock:SOLD OUT

4 Likes

I don’t think I have all mine memorized but definitely the Kayfun family from early KFLs to the 2019s.
I like the Silverplay 24 for a RL.

The Digiflavor 18mm Etna RDA for KF-like AF
Gas Mods G.R.1

The Asvape Zeta RTA which got no love in the US.

Coppervape Hussar Project X (great flavor, pita)

Remember the Geekvape Avocado?

Gas Mods Nixon RDTA BF V1.5

I need to stop doing this. Someone is going to get irritated with all these pix. Can I admit I had fun going down memory lane. Thx for letting me indulge :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Oh shoot. Didn’t see that. Sorry…

4 Likes

I’ve got the Ammit mtl rta. Nice tank but a wee bit lacking in flavor. Good but not life changing, lol.

3 Likes

Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA.at a level above in flavor.
In a level below in flavor the MTL (RTA) galaxies, the simplicity of the kayfun lite, the solidity of the siren 2 and the practicality of the wasp RDA (better than the hadaly).
Consider that this is just my opinion, contribution. I don’t have much experience in building coils / extracting the most from them.

3 Likes

I forgot, the Cthulhu 1928 mtl rda rocks…

and for $20 on their website, a deal.

4 Likes

What’s your coil positioning? For me if I bury the coil down in the airflow “valley” I don’t get that great of flavor, it has to be higher than I would normally put a coil with bottom airflow…here’s mine, kinda hard to tell with the wick in it

4 Likes

Also, it really seems to like parallels or Clapton’s vs single round wire coil, I’m running a parallel SS316L coil, either 28g or 30g, pretty sure it’s 30g, hitting around 30 watts on a mech squonker, also I use a standard bore drip tip, not the restricted ones it came with.

Edit: saw you said rta not rda, the airflow system looks the same but idk what tops it comes with

4 Likes

Thanks for the build tips. I just got it recently from a friend and haven’t played with it yet. IIRC I have a single wire coil on it. It’s been wicking great with no problems. Just took a quick pic for you. It’s a roomy 2.5 ID

Don’t have a pic of the entire tank but here’s an image:
Also, the coil is dirty and I’m not wearing my glasses, lol. Couldn’t tell if it was single wire or small Clapton. But I remember installing a single wire coil.

3 Likes

I would raise your coil to where the angled side airflow is hitting it on the bottom half of the side of the coil

3 Likes

Well, the RTA is top AF but yes, the same openings (though you can’t see in my pic). Right, and the RDA is Top air too.

3 Likes

2.5mm I.D. is perfect

3 Likes

The rda is top airflow too, it’s the closest thing to a leakproof squonker that’s ever been invented lol I had to squonk it while laying on its side with the airflow facing down to make it leak

4 Likes