"Retired" (Discontinued) flavors list

Came on to update the list of Flavor Revolution and Purilum flavors that are being discontinued, and realized that I forgot to update the “first batch” of discontinued flavors that were announced back in Dec 2018 in this post:

NOTE: Only including the ones sold exclusively by Nicotine River now River Supply Co. (in other words: Flav.Rev. and PUR)

See next post for today’s announced disco’s (Which will have to be compiled by hand).

2 Likes

Just announced today (1-15-2020)

Flavor Revolution

Bakery Bonanza
Caramel
Cinnamon Swirl Pastry
Cream
Creme Brulee
Green Apple Candy
Honeydew Melon
Leafy Tobacco
Sweet Cream
Tobacco Morning
Tropical Strawberry
Vanilla Blast
Vanilla Cream
Vanilla Custard
White Chocolate Peppermint
Woody Tobacco

Purilum

Acai Berry
Butter Mint
Cookie
Fruit Circles
Fruit Circles with Milk
Kiwi
Lemon Sicilian
Papaya Mango
Pomelo
Strawberry Swirl
Sunset
Toasted Coconut Cheesecake

2 Likes

Well to be fair @Sprkslfly they may not be discontinued just not available at river.

I believe Flavor Revolution are available else where and Purilum can be bought direct so another supplier may pick them up (River supply are the Nth American distro for Purilum but I dont think that stops other companies dealing direct with Purilum if they are not in Nth America)

3 Likes

I couldn’t remember if that was the case or not…
Do you recall where else they can be bought??

Have we (you or anyone else :wink: ) seen them elsewhere under the same brand name?
(I use that specific question because I don’t even remember seeing the notion of the possibility discussed that someone thought XYZ brand might be Pur or FR. Not that it’s impossible mind you. lol Just saying I don’t recall seeing it yet.)

You know I’m always too happy to help spread the word when we find out such things from reputable sources!! :wink:
Not to mention, it’s easy enough to edit later! grins

Just wanted to compile the list now, while I’m thinking about it and have time (instead of the post before this that should have been included a year ago (and it escaped me until now.)

2 Likes

Well Well!!
Answering one of my own questions… another source of Flavor Revolution:

https://www.flavourworld.com.au/flavor-revolution-super-strength/

2 Likes

Purilum can be bought directly from them (outside Nth America) but the MOQ is kind of big at 5 gal which is why it would take another vendor to pick them up.

Re FR I am not sure but I believe @anon84779643 knows the owner IIRC his name is Frank maybe some light could be shed on that? In my searches I found a bunch of places mentioning Flavor Revolution but I think there is more than one company with that name.

3 Likes

Ya I know John from Flavour World has them but I don’t know if his source is River Supply or direct

3 Likes

Yeah… just found a “foods company” (no flavorings found) but they use the UK/EU spelling of Flavour Revolution :roll_eyes: (appear to be a wholly unrelated company though that specializes in non-GMO etc)

2 Likes

Another one in Canada that i think is unrelated

3 Likes

Only guessing here… but I just looked over his current listings (from the link I gave above) and he doesn’t have any of the one’s that NR discontinued in Dec 2018 available.

Black Licorice
Camp Fire
Cantaloupe
Coconut
Cotton Candy
Custard*
Graham Cracker
Honey
Honey Cake
Hot Cocoa
Marshmallow
Pineapple
Raspberry Jam
Strawberry Candy
Traditional Menthol

He does have a variant of custard listed though:

Flavor Revolution Custard Milky Super Strength 10ml but I’m not sure if it’s identical since he distinguishes it with “Milky” /shrugs

3 Likes

Fredrick owns flavor Revolutions… what are you needing to know?

2 Likes

Ah I was so close @anon84779643 could you ask him if there are other outlets other than River Supply & if the flavours @Sprkslfly is marking as discontinued are in fact discontinued.
Cheers

4 Likes

Waiting on his response… I think he told me River is the only place, but I would rather him reply than I… I could have things mixed up, as it has been a hot minuet since the last time he and I have talked… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fredrick’s response:

The only one we actually sell to is river. All flavors there are current.

3 Likes

Added a variety of OoO flavors to be retired, as well as some notes about LEGIT flavors in the database.

Happy Rancher listings (pre-GS)

Happy Taffy listings (pre-GS)
Happy Taffy varieties (2017) web.archive.org_web_20170109124712_ht

• even though Happy Taffy strawberry isn’t listed in the above shot, the database number for it coincides with the number on Green Apple (same category), so I’m assuming I merged these to a higher number before I had access to edit the flavor names by hand.

Also touched on a variety of other dupes tonight… TFA, Cap, etc. (I’m BEAT! lol), and sent some PM’s (via recipe comment) to some folks who may not be familiar with some of the naming issues (stones etc).
Cheers folks!
Hope ya’ll have a great day!
-Sprks

2 Likes

They are getting rid of the watermelon happy rancher? I just picked some up a week ago lol wtf, it smells promising too…bull city has it as happy hard candy

3 Likes

Nooooo…
/slides you another cuppa joe :wink:

Buried in “Note 2”.
(Which I should obviously clean up later, as it’s not as clear as I hoped (or could have made it obviously).

Sorry if I panic’d you!

Was just trying to say that these “namesakes” need to be retired, cause they are no longer sold as such (by the manufacturer)! :wink:
We already know certain vendors have difficulty updating name changes.

1 Like

Well, it’s @Fishaddict420 so you’ll need to use crayon if you want crystal clarity! :wink:

2 Likes

I was having my first cup when I read it lol my bad, @anon70102222 I like finger paint, I keep breaking all my crayons

3 Likes

DIYFS- Mr Good Stuff. There is a v2 available.

3 Likes