Retro Vaping?

Join us in a throwback episode where we show off some of our oldest gear, and talk about a different time in vaping - https://youtu.be/cf8LENBSDSk

Do you guys also keep your old gear?

3 Likes

A salute! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ohhh yes, I still rock my origanal Provari with cartos in the Phiniac tank

6 Likes

Haven’t had it from new but love it all the same

5 Likes

Awesome seeing everyone’s retro vapes - I dont think I will ever sell my old gear, too much memories…

4 Likes

I love my mechs… think I have a dozen of them… and a dozen drippers now…
a few gennie tanks, and a handful of rbas tanks… :slight_smile:
completely stocked up…

my tea ejuices are the only ones I use hemp cording for… the rest… simple cotton, organic…

3 Likes

I have some I no longer use but will never get rid of. IPV4s comes to mind, 13 Heavens 9 Hells RDA…

4 Likes

I’m still digging around, and although cannot promise, I think I still have some of my FIRST EGO batts, with de-bridged 510 atty’s somewhere. Dripping, before there was dripping…

4 Likes

those were the best!

2 Likes

I don’t have my first vape stuff anymore, but this was it

Even looked like cigarettes. Wasn’t really satisfying enough to keep me off the smokes, but it was a nice introduction.

3 Likes

Fsors ~ MoneyPenny

5 Likes

Oh yes @anon84779643. I honestly have NO CLUE how I was able to kick an almost 2 pack a day habit, using EGO Batts, and 510 attys, dripping. I have no clue. I typically have NO patience, and can’t even remember how I put up with the lugging around of the bottles, the constant dripping, and the (in hindsight) not super great dripping experience, but dammit, that’s what we had back then !!!

It seems like only yesterday (almost 10 years now) that I was scooping up great deals on EGO batts, and 510 attys from Mike.

https://www.mikeusa.com/

I think I saw Phil Busardo mention BackWoodsBrew.net once, and I was vaping an insane HoneyNutFlue Tobacco from them, and some random cappuccino that I stumbled onto, might have even been Chinese. However random, I was able to put up with the cost, hassles, and kept at it, until vaping matured somewhat, stumbled onto tanking, and then Phiniac Nude Tanks, which were ALL but indestructible. So much so that I have NEVER broken a hardened Phiniac tank to this day, and have both of them. Then it was only a matter of locating, and hoarding up on whoever had the cheapest (non knock-off) Boge XL Cartos, and just keep on vaping. Devices kinda sucked back then, and fixed that with a plethora of Provari’s, and even though my Boge carto hoard survives to this day, I got tired of vaping/tossing things, and FINALLY started peeking into the cotton/wire tent, and never looked back.

My my, how far we’ve come. AND, I haven’t ended up in the hospital, or died once yet (as far as I know). Guess I just got LUCKY that I’ve never dared to thicken my THC juices (I don’t vape that crap), with Vitamin E Acetate huh ??

:slight_smile:

God times @anon84779643. Good people, and good times.

3 Likes

oh gosh I remember dear Fsors… he certainly was a fab guy… super sweet… lost his contact as I wanted on of the mods like you have, @Mark_Turner… :cry:

3 Likes

Back when I had come back… I had my setups a few times confiscated by the cops as they thought it was a new way to smoke crack… they kept my devices and would give them back after testing… and I just tossed them… had no idea what the heck they were doing with them. Eventually they accepted public vaping… so yeah down here in the south… it was a wacky time… now you see a few vapors… a few years ago, everyone was blowing clouds… I remember those day… miss them in all honesty… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

CLASSIC !!!

I’m trying to remember some of the “cutting edge” stuff that was going on, waaay back RIGHT when Provari started picking up steam. I think I got a few shiny pieces from Zen at house of hybrids (his site sure has changed a bit since then).

https://vapenews.com/march-2014/zenesis-2-cinis-by-house-of-hybrids/

My how time flies…

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Chuck_s

I’ve got some “old” gear and there’s a NextGen central post thread gone, that I just can’t seem to be able to part from it!!

vision

Remember this one? was it 2012/2013??

It’s still working and I used it recently to go through a border in a country that those “things” are not allowed… I will never say which country… not that thick… :rofl:

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer, the Z-atty, my god, with that big tank on mesh, was an hot spot guarantee, that one and the AGA-T two of the worst!!

2 Likes

IMG_1617
First true Mech MOD it didn’t even require batteries. Most of you weren’t around when we had to use these.

1 Like

@Mark_Turner Mark, that’s old gear!! No mess with mesh no Angorabbit or cotton bacon, but was the drip tip a bit too hot? Or did they decoupled it??:rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Oh yes, I was an early adopter of the “mesh before mesh was a real thing” thing.

2 Likes