Reuleaux RX 300 DIED

My RX 300 won’t stop putting the no atomizer button now when I push the button. Is there a way to fix?

Are there any others out there like the RX 300?

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly

4 Likes

Ha, the RX300. My most reviled mod ever. I had massively high hopes for it, but that damned ‘no atomizer’ deal along with the near constant sudden reversion from whatever I set it to back to 20w in power mode just killed it dead for me.

I was able to make it more tolerable (albeit NOT corrected) by converting to Arctic Fox. It seemed to take away a lot of the sensitivity, and kept those errors at bay from maybe 20 times a day down to 2 or 3, but that was still too much to bear.

Unfortunately is has a wonky 510 that you just can’t do a lot with to make it better. I personalized the heck out of the display, got a nice silicone shell for it, and even tucked it into bed every night. Yet it still let me down so massively. Such high hopes shot to hell. I hope @Sprkslfly has some help for you but it could well be doomed.

5 Likes

I have one that that I keep meaning to that into
, Busy weekend but I might get to it this week.

5 Likes

Here’s a line I type constantly at work:
Please clarify?

5 Likes

Hello you two renegades. LTNS!

7 Likes

Hi @anon44944642!!! :grin: I’m just back to translate for @Cutlass92. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Let’s try this again, I have one with the same issues that I keep meaning to look into, hopefully time will permit me to look into it this week

5 Likes

On track with this thread, I had a RX300 that lasted precisely 6 days. It promptly went back after it started doing the SSDD as everyone else’s. It was a mighty fine looking mod. But it broke my heart :heartbeat:

5 Likes

To OP (and to @Cutlass92) , I would simply say… don’t spend a lot of time on it. If you can get it cleaned up, maybe converted, and you find that it is behaving normally, great.

But there are far too many mods out there- even quads- that will not subject you to regular torture. Life’s too short to abide a flaky mod.

6 Likes

Abide? Dude! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I don’t get it!

5 Likes

I absolutely loved this mod though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The dude needs to abide!

5 Likes

Hey man, me too. I was so excited to get a quad, and it was compact, looked decent enough, etc. The honeymoon was sadly quite short, and the reason wasn’t due to just a bad batch. These tales are all over the tubes, even some here. I really, really wanted to have it in the rotation. I did try for months to get a suitable remedy but never got there. I completely understand your feelings. I sincerely hope that a good solid cleaning gets yours sorted! Just, sadly, from experience (two of them, by the way. Mine and my wife’s both suffer from this malady), it may end up being replaced.

4 Likes

I went ahead and took it apart. Looks hard, but’s it’s not. The connector cable that is soldered onto the 510 pin is completely removed/apart.

Here’s my problem, I have never been able to solder and I’m way better at taking stuff apart than I am putting it back together. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Movie The Big Lebowski…sorry didn’t mean to go off-topic.

8 Likes

Ah, well maybe if I watched that I would have not looked so foolish. Whoopsie.

Did you remove the wire or did you find it that way?

I’m not going to try to advise on proper soldering technique; that’s more up @Sprkslfly’s alley. I’m sure he will be along soon.

4 Likes

I think I found it that way, not to say it didn’t come apart when I was taking It apart.

3 Likes

Not to derail, but you definitely need to watch that movie!

6 Likes