Review of WOTOFO Profile M RTA

I expect that the Profile M, which i presume means Mini, will be the final realese and completes the Profile Family. It all started with the RDA, then the Unity RTA, then the RDTA, and now the Mini RTA.

I have enjoyed using all these devices with the exception of the unity which i could never consistently wick properly to prevent leaks or dry hits, or burnt cotton shoulders. When i got it right i loved it, when i got it wrong i didnt…and it was this inconsistency which forced it out of my rotation. Its a tank for home…which i can swap out if it goes wrong. Its not a tank for a day out. However this was all user error and bad practice so I can only blame my skills not the Device.

I tested this using molinberrys freaky donut from chefs flavours. I had found this juice a touch muted on my blotto, but I could pick out flavours more clearly on the profile m.

Now the ‘M’ will hopefully make it into my rotation of day out devices because its leak proof. Top airflow, sort of revoutionary silicon filling seal which i will show in the photos below. So if i can eliminate the wicking issues we should be on to a winner…but its a mini, and that means small tank capacity and regular stops at the gas station for refilling. 4ml with included bubble 3ml ish without. We know how thirsty mesh is so i am was interested to see how many miles per gallon i could get out of her:

As we all know with Wotofo, you get a full array of extra parts, cotton, mesh sheets, mesh benders…so it’s very much a plug n play tank. On opening the box, the build quality is standard wotofo, so better than most. One thing i would say is the deck seems quite light to its siblings, but again its a mini, so i guess everything is stripped back for minimum size and weight. I had a small issue with one of the clamp screws. I just couldnt get it to tighten with the included mini poodriver, but using another better screwdriver fixed that issue.

Inserting the mesh and wicking was a breeze, and i think i could probably get two wicks out of each of the wotofo thick cotton laces. I havnt tried using sheet cotton or my usual Bacon, but I think it would fine at the correct thickness. You really have to pack it in to minimize any gaps between mesh and cotton to avoid dry hits. The wotofo cotton is the correct dimension for the job in hand, so i have no problem adding a pack to my quarterly cotton purchases.

I have used all of the supplied Mesh sheets (clapton, wotofo honeycomb and triple density) at around 40-60 watts and they all perform very well. I am not sure if i can really pick a favourite yet. I will say that the flavour is outstanding thanks to the mini nature of this tank. For sure this is the main pro with mini tanks…perhaps the only pro. Cloud production is also immense and no dry hits or leaking at all so far. These two points are huge factors for me…so I am very happy indeed.

Filling is easy, but you will need a needle tip to break the seal on the leak proof filling port. So not a tank for big old screw nozzle bottles. Slide open top cap makes things easier yet again. I always hate refilling other tanks on the move and getting juice on my hands while i hold the top cap. Just be careful not to trap the silicon filling port seal when you close the cap…reminded me of a painful episode i once had with zip fly jeans and visit to the urinal at a football match.

Airflow is perfect, no whistle, nice smooth adjustment

So far no complaints from me…i really like it apart from the size, but its a mini and you wouldn’t be buying a mini if you didnt want a mini. That said I remember once searching ebay for a mini whisk for my kids’ baking adventures. Found a great deal i thought…always remember to check the category the item is listed in to prevent you buying a dolls house whisk…3cm long. The photo below is actually the mini whisk on my hands. Its not as you may think, a huge whisk layed across 4 peoples thighs.

One negative point that i can’t ignore is the drip tip that is supplied…its more of a drip ridge. Its so low profile that i struggled to get my lips anywhere close to it. I switched it out to a more suitable one straight away.

Overall i am really impressed with the tank. If they made it a full size version with improvements made to this added to the unity, I would buy it for sure. I will still use it in the house regularly as the flavour and clouds are up there with the best. Well done Wotofo, its just right!

9 Likes

Very nicely done @Cloud98. Question, can I get a mini-whisk ?

4 Likes

Thanks session drummer. How big is your dolls house :houses:

6 Likes

What??? How… Why… Are these 4 people wearing mini skirts?

Nicely done!

5 Likes

Nice! I didn’t know there was another one out. I’ll have to add it to my stock despite telling myself I don’t need any more equipment. Thanks for a great review.

2 Likes

I’m a big WOTOFO fan and loved your review. What I liked best was picture of the wicking. It shows how the Profile has to be wicked to prevent leaking.
Thanks for the great review.

4 Likes

I have one of these on the way. I very much dislike slider tops since my Freemax Fireluke 2 and Mesh Pro tanks. They were so easy to slide open and got worse or looser over time. They dumped out liquid in pockets, back pack, ect. Some tanks have sliders on a railing that seems to help.

All of that out of the way, the tank looks like it’ll vape nice. They basically made their own version of the Kylin M with ideas from the Zeus X. I like both of those ones. The Kylin M is my favorite out of all of my Mesh RTAs so far.

No bighie but, you forgot the Profile 1.5. I think it came out before the RDTA.

3 Likes

Thanks for reading. I think it’s decent just want it bigger!

3 Likes

AHH yes the 1.5 you are right. I think I reviewed it. I need to get it out now for a try.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! The wicking on the unity was a pain in the rear. This is much much better. Pretty cool proof luckily for me

3 Likes

My bad…two people…not 4 one legged people which is a rare sight

4 Likes

Yeah, I can’t get into those tiny ass drip tips. I wondered who likes them. Mr. Just Right clearly does. It must be like smooching your tank every time lol.

5 Likes

I can use this on my 10ml SFTs :rofl:

4 Likes

Rarer than a 3 legged man…which my grandmother said she saw at the circus :crazy_face:

4 Likes