Reviewed 5⭐ recipes

What is a recipe “score”? I see the “Rating” column and I see a number in parens that I’ve always thought was the number of star ratings. I don’t see a score anywhere.

2 Likes

It doesn’t show, but when you sort by rating, you actually sort by score, which is an internal thing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When I first got here I had a similar question. Someone showed me how to insert secret commands into the URL, and that seems to still work.

First, sort by rating by clicking on that column header, then insert &sort=ratecount in the URL. You get all star ratings, but turns out those are all 4.5 to 5 stars. Unfortunately, you have to repeat the URL mod for every page. But by page 4 you are down to ratecounts less than 50.

4 Likes

Issue is… why did you pick 100 people rating a recipe?
There are so many out there with zero ratings that are really delicious… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d guess it’s a herd mentality thing. If a lot of people rated it 5 stars, it could be a good indicator that it is mix worthy. With so many recipes out there it can be exceedingly difficult to pick one to try. I can see why he’d choose a method like that.

7 Likes

All the favorites actually mean is you’ve “bookmarked” the recipe because you thinks it has potential. I haven’t mixed or even toyed with 80% of the recipes in my favorites list.

4 Likes

Maybe you misunderstood. I never said we should throw out the entire rating system. In a past discussion it’s relevance was questioned because many mixers give their recipes 5 stars as soon as they create it. You’d be surprised and it’s quite easy to do. Whether you choose to keep your recipes private or public you simply go to the top and give it a rating. You can try it yourself when you create a recipe unless daath decides to change the system by then.

3 Likes

Those recipes of my own i really like get 5 stars, those i don’t like i delete.
That’s fair enough in my world.

6 Likes

My recipes are always 5 stars when I publish them. Otherwise I would keep them in my private „to be improved“ folder.
As I continuesly improve my mixing skills I change my rating down for the ones not worth it. Since I don’t know who has them in their favorites I just don’t delete them.

3 Likes

Unskyld. It was quite some time ago when I lived in Denmark…

2 Likes

I personally have never rated a single recipe -from me- 5 stars, but I have plenty of 5 star recipes.
I do not have 100 5 stars on any of mine… but my recipes have been around the world since the first one I published in ecf many years ago. Personally I know not everyone “rates” recipes. I don’t… not even my own.

If I mix it and I like it, I make sure to give feedback to the one that posted up the recipe.

If you really need that 5 star effect… well good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I must say like your idea.

3 Likes

Thanks brother I’ll take a look at that. I appreciate any tips

3 Likes

Yeah Phil it’s kinda a heard thing i guess. Just figured 100 or more is gonna at least show some sort of unified consensus of a good juice

3 Likes

U has lived in Denmark? Really?
Where then?

2 Likes

København, fra 2003 Til 2008

3 Likes

Arrr nice :hugs:
U like it or?

2 Likes

I Danmark have jeg boed, der har jeg hjemme.
Der har jeg rod, derfra min verden går.

Do I need to say more? That was one of the best times in my life.

6 Likes