Reviewed 5⭐ recipes

We need to be able to to locate all recipes in one place that have 100 or more 5⭐. I really don’t know how to get that started but it would be so helpful if I could just search 5 star recipes and they all pop up that have a 100 plus 5 stars!

6 Likes

Not sure if I understand your problem but why don’t you do a search and then sort by rating?

9 Likes

bc sort by rating
results in
what algorythm?

7 Likes

The way the recipe scores are calculated is actually pretty good. I use a form of Binomial Proportion Confidence Interval:

Specifically one called Lower Bound Wilson Score:

10 Likes

THY
i can hardly spell algorythm
but will follow your links

5 Likes

You only joined a few days ago. Seems to me it’s a bit premature to be making requests. Have you read any of the user guides? Have you visited any of the forums and searched for a solution? You only have 14 minutes total ‘Read Time’.

10 Likes

image is proof i can trust forum and esp. Admin

6 Likes

But as we all no, if p is low H0 must go… :wink:

2 Likes

Gage R&R has maybe an influence here and that is what we see with older recipes…
Some people will not adjust the percentages down when they use modern gear. The taste is then not on their liking and bringing the distribution towards lower votes.
I think their is a point here, which is worth discussing.

3 Likes

Obviously I’m very new to this and maybe a bit overly excited to be here lol. I’m still figuring out just how to communicate in these forums & navigate everything else that’s on here. Then connecting links and Discord… sometimes I feel like I’m going down a rabbit hole lol. I did read a bit on here and I’m aware things open up the more I contribute my time. lambu, bad_influence & daath just for being cool & cordial. I LOVE this site and I’m sure I’ll love it more once my read time gets up to 30 minutes!!

8 Likes

Exactly! lambu that’s exactly like what I was trying to find.

3 Likes

When I get time to work a bit more on it, there will be more ways to show rated recipes. Right now it’s all time - there will be something like running year, 3 months, 1 month and 1 week - that should paint quite a different picture all in all :slight_smile:

Oh, and welcome, by the way :smiley:

6 Likes

Idk why but that just hit my funny bone. I thought this discussion was already done and the sticking point was that star ratings were obsolete because too many mixers rate their own recipes 5 stars, lol.

3 Likes

Tsk skal Du har! Thank you!

4 Likes

The majority of mixers are not gonna sit there and find ways to give themselves 100 5 stars. Now I’m sure a small percentage does but c’mon it’s not worth just throwing out the entire rating system. Common sense. Working my way up to 32 minutes read.

3 Likes

Fun starts after 12 hours…

5 Likes

Tak skal du have = Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m a Danish to :denmark:

6 Likes

Just as a useless thought, maybe a column with the number of “favorites” attributed to a recipe would be worthwhile for those who don’t like to rate things.

4 Likes

I’ve played around with the thought of using # of favorites as well :slight_smile: I actually kind of like the idea.

5 Likes

@daath…, I think ppl should be able to mark a recipe that they made & like in favorites, but the ratings should be up to everyone else

4 Likes