Rituals before SFT

Do any of you have a ritual before you start your single flavor testing? For me I will brush my teeth to remove any other taste from my mouth wait 10mins then if I am testing fruits I will vape something fruity to get myself ready. And to get rid of any toothpaste that may still be lurking. Is that weird?

10 Likes

Fresh coils, cotton, and a cup of coffee.

10 Likes

First I pace back and forth then I look at my mixing table . After I convince myself im gonna be ok I take a deep breathe . Finally i bang my head iver and over and over and ask as loud as I can WHY ME WHYYYYYYY

16 Likes

I find salt helps reset my taste buds. I don’t use table salt and haven’t since 83, so I’ll eat something salty, usually pretzels. It works well.

9 Likes

a little weird, yeah

11 Likes

I like to do my testing early in the morning before I’ve been vaping all day and may suffer from flavour fatigue. If I’m right into testing at the time, or have a bit on the go. I’d set up 2 or 3 different RDAs.

11 Likes

A spicy Bloody Mary or a can of Red Bull followed by a big glass of cold water clears up my taste buds for testing.

10 Likes

Well SFT is one of the least ritualistic parts of my life: No sacrificing, orders or gestures entailed.

I just change to fresh fused Claptons at 0.16, have fresh cotton and ensure that my mouth is clear of all influencing tastes. I also like to test each in 3 different RDAs to get an impression of how others will taste it (a conceit mainly for requested blends).

8 Likes

Nettie Pot and a tongue scraper. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That verges on kinky for you.

6 Likes

i find this kind of cleanses the palate for me. thinking making a version with caffeine .

Morning Mango
8.00% Capella - Sweet Mango

and this is a interesting read

https://stircrazycooking.co.za/enhancing-a-meal-with-a-palate-cleanser/

• Sorbet – often lemon, lime, mango or melon and is perfect for serving after rich, fatty foods
7 Likes

I second that. And in the meantime I use 2 RDA. A Ghoul and an Entheon. The Ghoul is great for the medium and deep notes and the Entheon for the mid to high notes. That helps me for quite some flavors to get a better “understanding” how they will be in my different setups.

7 Likes

A dripper (Entheon and/or Recurve used as drippers) with a dab of cotton, just half of it to fill the coil usually an alien or a clapton, my vertical mesh atomizer, usually a #325 with a complex on (Vaponaute Le Zephyr with a modified top cap), pen and paper, I find it faster to throw down impressions and scribble nonsense, like pairings, recipe ideas and things that make very little sense that if you read them after a couple of days, you ask yourself, why did I write that…

9 Likes

Sadly there are no BDSM accessories for those. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

I’m sure a lady could meet your needs.

4 Likes

I always use my FeV Vs because it is extremely flavourful. with 0.25mm Kanthal at 2.5 Ohm at 8 Watt.
With 0.8mm screw, so as not to dilute the flavour with air.

But other RTAs also work.
Spica Pro, Ataman V4, Hussar, Kayfun Lite

8 Likes

Truth! But then I wouldn’t have time for SFTing. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Depends on the quality of the distraction.

6 Likes