Roo Low goes to The Keys

SO jealous!! Captain Tony’s, Hogs Breath, I know there’s lots of others but they all had good beer so my memory is fuzzy. Hope you have a fabulous time!!!

It’s so nice of Roo Low to let you hang around on it’s vacation. :grinning:

1 Like

I was wondering why there was a long vapor trail down I-75 :wink:

It’s been raining here for 4 days thus far :frowning:

1 Like

Well we’re home now. I’ll have to say we had a great time. It’s been quite a while since I’ve drank as much and consumed as much seafood.

Beer winner for me was Key West Sunset Ale - lovely!
Best meal was one of the simpler and cheaper meals - a blackened Haddock sandwich at The Stoned Crab. By the way, stone crab has to be the most gimicky marketing ever in the history of food. Somehow they manage to charge and exorbitant amount of money for it and people pay the prices. I managed a sample and that was enough for me. I much prefer Alaskan King Crab or even Blue crab to this much overrated version. Nah, y’all can keep your $40/lb BS crabby crabs.

The hotel was more like a B&B. Great Victorian built in 1891. Cozy and rustic.

But…I won’t ever go back. To me there is one and only one valuable quality to Key West - the weather. Other than that it’s kind of a strange and irritating place. Cock a doodle do what? WTF is with all the damn roosters and hens? And I never knew a bicycle could be so obnoxious. By the time we left I was looking for roosters to be riding bicycles… Ok, for those who aren’t aware, chickens and roosters roam free there. Some people think it’s charming. I think it’s just fked. It not only fails to add any value to the rustic aesthetic, but in fact makes it seem somehow less classy. And when you’re paying over $300/night for accommodations the last thing you want is to feel like you’re on a farm. Also there are more bicyclist there than you can imagine. Not a huge issue by itself but add the fact that most of them ignore all traffic laws and think they have the right of way in every situation, well it makes driving (and walking) a pain in the butt. My wife and I both were more than ready to leave. But its one more item scratched off the ol bucket list.

Glad to be home. Louie doesn’t seem to care :slight_smile:

5 Likes