RTA suggestion for an ex-smoker

Try this
https://youtu.be/NyBeWfFza6o

I was midway watching this when you posted the video, omg!!! nice review actually.

1 Like

I would get the Gem v2 clone to try first if I where you. the authentic did’t have the flavor I was expecting thats why I added more flavor to my mix but after that it’s fine

Sure thing, it is a fair amount to spend, so i will buy a clone to check first.

BTW I am guessing you have experience with mixing your juice, I was wondering what is a good temperature to steep ejuices. I have access to Environmental chambers at work, which I can program to steep my juices, but I cant find anywhere, a sweetspot for an exact temperature to use. Please correct me if I am posting in the wrong thread

I don’t like heat at all just time and shake every day real good

1 Like

My first rta which is a serpent arrived today, man I love the flavors in it, mtl is ok-ish but not as good as my Nautilus mini. But overall the tank seems very easy to build. Btw can anyone suggest a good build with kanthal a1 28 awg, for good warm vape for mt, on this serpent by wotofo.

Try this
https://youtu.be/U7TtSlEXr0c

1 Like

How many of us have said this? Can I have a show of hands please?

5 Likes

Now that’s funny but TRUE :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Spot on Rob…ordered a chalice 3 and avocado24(preorder) from fast tech already last night…thought I would save some money after going vaping way, completely opposite lol. I did my build according to the video, thanks.

1 Like

I had to toss a little humor in there. I think we all spend more than we planned.

I watch all the MTL threads pretty closely. That’s my vaping style as well. I started with MTL with the Nautilus Mini. Still love that tank, but hate having to buy coils for it. Moved to a Subtank Mini for a while and tried sub ohmming. but it just wasn’t my cup of tea. I found the most satisfaction with low power MTL. It just scratched my 45 year smoking itch, better.

On a whim, I decided to try a Joytech Tron-S, that came with an evic mini. It didn’t get very good reviews, but I figured what the heck, I already had it. I put in one of the ego one rebuildable CLR coils, and liked it. It’s my main tank now. Bought a couple more, and 5 packs of the CLR coils. It’s like having 25 mini RBA’s. Five wraps of 30 kanthal on a machine screw, and it’s 1.65 - 1.7 ohms, which is perfect for my low power MTL. I use one, and have the other two, and the coils, in my Vapepocalypse box.

I just ordered four EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus V2’s for $9.95 each, and they should be here in a few days. From what I’ve been able to read, they make very good MTL tanks. I’ll learn the wicking particulars and use one, and stash the other 3. Hopefully they’ll be as good as what I’ve been hearing.

I’ll be watching the thread, and the results of VK’s trials. Good luck in your search, VK. Let us know how it’s working for you!

1 Like

Kayfun’s are most forgiving to wick. just watch Phil :sunglasses:

1 Like

Excellent! I have 500 ft of rayon, just aching to jump into those coils!

1 Like

This is a good one
https://youtu.be/PT2bkmsNVmI

1 Like

I have 5 KFLs, mostly EHPro clones. Easy to build on, easy to wick. I’ve settled on 2.5mm, 8 wraps of 28g Kanthal A1, which yields 1.5Ω and gives a flavorful 15W MtL hit. I currently wick with Koh Gen Do cotton but after that runs out there’s 497 ft of rayon to go through.

3 Likes

@d_fabes mate I liked my nautilus mini too but like u said the coil changing is painful, I got a Serpant by wotofo from my local vapestore and have ordered chalice 3 and avocado 24 which will take prolly 3 to 4 weeks to get here. I also have a tfv4 mini, so far after the nautilus i reckon the serpent is amazingly good. the mouth to lung is not as tight as the nautilus mini, but I like the draw on this better. Also I was vaping menthol 20% boosted 6mg at 50/50, it tasted really good, but weird enough I diy some juice last night(first time) and started vaping this morning, its harsh but i love the throat hit.

Ill let you know when the other tanks arrive, as far as tfv4 goes i love it for the fill style and how it looks on my mod, but apart from that the mouth to lung using the 1.2 ohm coils at lowest tiny AFC it does OK.

Anyways, it would be very helpful if you could tell us your experience when the KF lite arrives, I want an authentic high end RTA, so far I like the Gem v2. Need to know about the KF lite to decide :slight_smile: VapeON

3 Likes

@Rob62 thanks for the video. I’ve watched a couple, and it seems pretty straight forward. It looks easier than the Subtank Mini.

@MaxUT thanks Max. Easy is exactly what I’m looking for. That’s one of the things that appealed to me about the KFL. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

@VapingKrakenVK I’m not sure what bugs me more, the expense of the BVC coils, or the hassle of relying on someone else to supply them and having to order them. Much easier to grab some wire & wick, and be back in business in short order.

I wasn’t familiar with the Serpent. Just watched the video above. Man that air hole below the coil is huge. It looks super easy to build on though. The Gem looked like a really nice tank. The price would scare me away though. If the quality is as good as it appears, it should last a long time, so spread over the life of the tank, the cost might not be that bad.

I’ll be sure to post my thoughts on the Kayfun clone.

2 Likes

Before I do suggest the serpent to you, one thing that caught my attention is that a very tiny amount of juice does seem to find its way out through the afc, I think…maybe there are get around to it that I haven’t looked at yet, but overall I love it

I agree with Rob62. Definitely Kayfun Mini V3 clone or original. I still prefer a tight draw and I use 2 Rose V2-S clones for my daily atomizers but they’re a pain to build. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone new to RTA’s.

1 Like

@Little_Blue_Screwdri mate how are the rose v2-s clones, do they leak at all? and which clone would you recommend? I was looking at it and it looks like a beatiful to own one . And when it comes to [quote=“Little_Blue_Screwdri, post:39, topic:62803”]
they’re a pain to build
[/quote]

could you be a bit more specific please, as I am looking at pulling the trigger on one of these on fasttech.