Runny ejuice!

So, during the winter, I finally caved and ran my boxed heater in my woman cave just one night, fell asleep and didn’t turn it off before the room became an infernal. Only problem is that my juicing stuff is in there (went months freezing for the juice stuffs). Now all of my juice that I make comes out runny, but it still taste fine (don’t worry, my nic is stored in a freezer). Anyway I can get my juice to thicken back up? Is it the more likely the pg or vg? I still have half a gallon of the affected vg and 500ml of the pg.

3 Likes

Welcome @Foxi_Babi . I can’t help you with your question but I’d bet someone here will. I just wanted to say hi :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If it was me, I would check the VG first. Try vaping just VG first to check.

4 Likes

It all tastes fine, it’s just looser than normal :frowning::frowning::frowning:

5 Likes

Juice thickness mainly came from VG, CMIIW. hence more VG percentage -> thicker juice. I would look into the VG first, if it is thinner.

4 Likes

Anyway to thicken it back up, or do I just have to deal with it?

3 Likes

Did you give the vg itself a good shake?

5 Likes

What are your typical PG/VG ratios when mixing? If you mixed a new batch and it’s thinner than typical ratios then VG is the culprit. Ditch it and buy fresh VG.

3 Likes

VG normally is a little thick, if your VG has lost its viscosity and is thin like water it may have gone bad. Luckily VG is still fairly cheap so just replace it. I have had finished e-liquid go bad from faulty caps and in that case the liquid had lost all its viscosity and couldn’t be used.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I have 2.5 gallons of vg that I purchased from them after the heat incident in hand already.

4 Likes

I haven’t, but can.

3 Likes

Put a tiny drip of VG on your finger, if it runs off it may be bad. If it looks and feels thick you can tell.
VG is a lot more viscous than water, it will bead on your fingertip.
PG has about half the viscosity as VG but a lot more than water.

3 Likes

I heat my stuff up to 140F when I mix, and it does not harm it. And I’m guessing your inferno did not reach such levels, correct? I think there’s something else in play besides the heat.

3 Likes

It was for about 5 hours while i slept, next morning all my made juice had loosened up and/or ruined

2 Likes

I’m going to 2nd our resident extra-terrestrial member. When in doubt (if it IS the VG), throw it out.

2 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
You will always find a way to use VG. I find it not so with PG.

2 Likes

@Foxi_Babi what eventually happened with your VG? Did you try a shake? How about subjecting it to a cool temperature for a bit to see if it will thicken up? Stick it in the fridge till it feels cool to the touch and test it again. I’m not sure about VG but with foods this trick works well. If your veggies are a little limp soaking them in ice water makes them crispier again. Works great for cukes, celery, lettuce…

4 Likes

So, to understand this… your juice supplies are stored in an area with freezing temperatures? If so, you likely had condensation in there, when thawed, the moisture mixed with the liquid, causing it to be thinned down. You basically added water to everything.

The heat did nothing to thin down the liquids. I heated my recipes to 110°F, sometimes for 4 hours at a time

3 Likes