Sad Times For Vanilla Lovers

I have a feeling that will involve vanilla bean… some rum… to drink or vape :stuck_out_tongue: and a lot of cream!! :stuck_out_tongue:
I too might have to join you on your quest, Muth… :wink:

2 Likes

Mmmmmmmm, I like the sounds of that…

3 Likes

I haven’t found a rum flavor yet so it might have to be the drinkable kind.
Plus, our quests could possibly lead us down different roads according to our tongues, Idk.

3 Likes

Me too, if I can find a rum. But I do have some bourbon coming.

3 Likes

I made my bourbon express over a month ago… and I got into my 30ml last night…
without hangovers lolol :stuck_out_tongue: it was really nice… I did change it up by adding some smooth vanilla in it, and yes it was that good! <3

4 Likes
4 Likes

Oh boy, more news about the vanilla beans and “money is the root of all evil” thing. I’m sick of money controlling so much of our world. Humans can’t control weather but they can certainly control their greed.

8 Likes

I’ve been using the v2 version and it’s ok. It seems to be a bit thinner so an increase in % won’t hurt. I have a recipe in which I use it at 3% and it works for me. I’ve only 20ml of the v1 left. I missed the news about that one or I would have stocked up on it.

2 Likes

Well hopefully beavers don’t become endangered as well…

Vanilla

Ice Cream: Beaver Anal Glands

Vanilla and raspberry flavors might be enhanced by “castoreum,” a mixture of the anal secretions and urine of beavers. It’s also found in perfume. The FDA-approved product is categorized under “natural flavoring,” so you won’t know if you’re eating it.Mar 29, 2012

6 Likes

There’s a whole range of products that are going to suffer because of climate change.
Coffee being one of them, the good news is that other countries will get the climate appropriate to grow coffee, the bad news is that it will take some time for the coffee plants to mature enough to produce any beans.
It looks like we’re going to have to stock up on a lot of things :grimacing:

3 Likes

You would be hard-pressed to find any vanilla, strawberry or raspberry flavour that contained castoreum nowadays it is simply too expensive when compared to actual Vanilla or Synthetic Vanilla or other compounds.
From FENAROLI’S

that is 43.33lb for the whole of the USA (and probably the world) and i would suggest that it would mainly be the perfume industry rather than food industry using it.

6 Likes

When I think of beaver, using it as a food ingredient isn’t the first thing that comes to mind.

6 Likes

I KNEW this fact! :joy:. I forgot all about it! That is so disgusting :nauseated_face:
And it’s quite true. bleach

2 Likes

Hey, maybe we should all go to Amazon and buy a small vanilla bean houseplant … just saying

6 Likes

You’ll need Devon Cream from Chefs. Absolutely gorgeous vanilla. Tastes just like English, Devon ice-cream. Not to be confused with VTA Devon cream, which has chocolate notes.

5 Likes

Exactly. Do they have to kill them to get their anal gland and urine secretions? Can’t they just build beaver restrooms and hire a collector? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Vanilla is also - according to some study - the most appealing scent on a woman to facilitate the attraction of men.

Makes sense: it’s soft, sweet and not overpowering.

3 Likes

How it should always be…

:smirk:

2 Likes

Since I have nothing better to do I may as well tell you my story of vanilla and men.

Long ago on my journey to quitting cigs I took up a Lady’s Pipe and my favorite tobacco was vanilla flavored. A female friend of mine wanted to take me to a gay men’s bar for something different to do. As I took a seat, smoking my pipe and enjoying the entertaining atmosphere, a young man plopped himself down on my lap, threw his hands around my neck and said, “I just love the smell of your pipe!” Well, my friend was in hysterics as I sat there shocked and bewildered. She said, well that proves the theory that men are attracted to vanilla.

5 Likes