Safe, unpalatable liquid

Me to some what but,

If he wasn’t trying to steal spotlights at 1am, he wouldn’t have fallen thru the spotlight and wouldn’t have gotten hurt…

But it is an example thief gets hurt thief gets paid

Have some non relative piss in it , then deny to hell and back when the SHTF!
Free legal advice 24/7!
edit: I highly suggest simply making them untouchable , you really don’t want to get in a legal issue over a bottle of juice. More than likely the thief is going to retaliate and what are we going to do next.
Just put the display bottles behind the counter and be done with it.
If you wait by the river long enough the body of your enemy will float by. Never go into a battle that you don’t have to. My .02 ,Good Luck!

5 Likes

Just fill the bottles with water and use food dye, then hang a sign that clearly states

Warning :warning:

These e-liquid bottles are for Display purposes only and cannot be vaped / sold.

3 Likes

If the thief’s goal is juice, and if the store’s goal is to have the bottles exposed with liquid (inofencivo), why not simply fill with VG !?

Edit: If the store seller does not want to see the bottles disappear, then the best is to expose them in a closed showcase closet

3 Likes

Superglue the bottles to a display shelf… That way if a thief grabs one, you will know about it :rofl:

6 Likes

Haha! Best advice so far!

1 Like

Just remove any liquid completely and glue the caps to the bottle so the bottles aren’t even good for DIY. If you really want, you can still fill them up with water or any other liquid but I don’t see the need for it.

1 Like

18% single flavor, 0 nic, with just a little vg for viscosity…

or you could fill the bottles with Sriracha but I dont think its safe to vape as it has sugar in it.

1 Like

For the win.
(cheapest option, and zero waste of eliquid materials)

1 Like

i bought some velcro years ago from radio shack that stores use to hold things to deter theft since its hard to detach, i used it to hold a router up off the floor on the side of a desk, I second the ideas of empty bottles tho since its just for display purposes.

2 Likes

I agree with tartarusspawn just display behind the counter where they can be easily stolen

3 Likes

Just what the vape community needs is a thief dying from vaping stolen vape juice… i can just see the headlines.

Fda pushes for stricter regulation on eliquid products after teen dies from vaping poison.

Edit: yes shoplifting is a crime. But honestly in a vape shop it’s easily Prevented . Don’t Display finished products on the counter for thieves to grab…

Locked display cabinets
Shelves behind the counter
Glass display counters

Empty bottles if your wanting to display the different size bottles

Install cameras

In a world were big tobacco wants vaping to go away . We don’t need some mom and pop do it yourself store mixing up something to teach teenage thieves a lesson …

My god we are talking about something that cost roughly $1.50 to make and bottle that the vape shop is probably selling for $15 - $25…

2 Likes

I think that @Steve-o_54 was joking.

Then again, I’ve known no less than two people who boasted of boobytrapping their back gardens so that intruders woul;d hopefully be badly injured . And, yeah, that would include any small children retrieving lost balls without permission, or concerned folk forcing entry in response to an emergency. Both parties changed their minds after I pointed out those possibilities. It boggles my mind that people can’t envisage all the potential scenarios for themselves.

Hating theft is no excuse for setting out to do physical injury to presumed thieves, even supposing that you could sure that your punishment actually targets the right person (which you couldn’t. The stolen bottle could easily be gifted or sold) . Consider: a great many people have committed petty crimes in their youth, only to grow up to be honest, responsible people. I personally count a number of such people amongst my friends. None of them were ever caught, so never made it into the crime statistics, and never got “taught a lesson” by anybody. I suspect that if you managed to kill off all the thieving, antisocial youths, we’d solve the words over-population problems at a stroke. Such punishments are out of all proportion to the crime.

3 Likes

Check out this link, my amateur psychology senses are tingling :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

2 Likes

The responsibility of the Shop owner would be to make the juice out of reach of Minors. Worst case scenario is an under age person walks out of the shop with juice …which gets discovered by Mom. Guilty child says he was sold the juice so he doesn’t also have to confess to being a shoplifter …guess who gets punished then?

5 Likes

Dad… It’s a vicious circle… :laughing:

5 Likes

I can see it now

“Larry do you know what your son did today? Let me tell you what he did! We went to that vape shop you’re always talking about and bought a bottle of that juice! I want to know what you’re going to do about this right now!”

“Well sweet give me a second to collect my thoughts here.”

“NO! You’re going to march right into his room and line him out this instant! You’re going to ground him and make sure he never pulls a stunt like this again! And then you’re going to call the news station and make them do a story about this so that other parents can be more aware! After that you’re going to call a lawyer and sue that vape shop that you love so much! Where do they think they get off selling that poison to innocent children like our bobby?”

3 Likes

How about glueing the bottles down on a board, counter or whatever

1 Like

<-- old enough to still have the scars from where the Rock salt loaded shotgun tagged me.
Didn’t say a word as dad would have then Beat my ass Black and Blue for trespassing where we’d been told to stay the hell away from.
I was a slow learner and got to do the happy leather belt dance in the backyard a lot more then most of my friends did.
:crazy_face:

5 Likes

Now I am curious about the vape shop name and location.